Off-Shoots of Macronympha

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
APPLE
Contact Mic

Re: Off-Shoots of Macronympha

Post by APPLE »

Rodger Stella 'foucault zombie' is an album which made a strong impression on me when it was released and it has held up well over the years.
Scorching sci-fi electronics and disorienting psychedelia. I don't think I've heard anything else quite like it.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

ChicagoAnimal wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:11 pm Live at Dem Passwords. It is on Spotify.

And no, I highly doubt the Philadelphia show was recorded. Didn't need to be. Some things should just happen and fade away...
Thank you.

And I get that, but like... I still wanna hear that (re: Philly show).
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

Unit-M - Self-titled c60 (MSNP)

Just picked up a reissue of this classic collaboration from Joe Roemer and Joe Colley from 1994. Right off the bat, there is a mix of metal clang and reverberating metal overtones. A good split in the stereo mix of who is doing what. Heavily saturated MSNP sound is very present in the mix. The flow fluctuates though and you go from heavily focused and slow-moving segments to faster cut and kinetic movements. Layers of texture against action-based attacks. Spliced and cut and reversed back and forth.

There are also pulsating and electrified tones. The influence from one particular artist isn't overly-dominating on this release. Feels like a true collaboration and not one person simply remixing the sounds from another. There are layered sounds structurally worked on top of each other. I wish the notes elaborated on the process of the sounds, but they don't, so I'm left guessing.

Among the other Macro collaborations like the first OVMN with Akihiro Shimizu of Thirdorgan and MxM with Iwasaki Shōhei of Monde Bruits, Unit-M has its moments that are certainly on par. There is some beautiful interplay that would certainly be worthy of a Industrial Recollections CD reissue.