Peter Schuster / Prion Tapes (R.I.P.)

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Peter Schuster / Prion Tapes (R.I.P.)

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Joe Raimond of Doc Wör Mirran announced yesterday on Facebook that Peter Schuster, founder of the 1980s German label Prion Tapes, has passed away.
Although he died in 2021, we only found out about his death recently, as he had retired from experimental music and no longer had contact to others in the local Nürnberg area scene. Peter was an early member of DWM, having joined DWM in the mid-1980s soon after Joseph B. Raimond and Bernard Worrick moved to the Nürnberg area.
He was also a member of the industrial Nürnberg collective PCR. Schuster's solo projects were Die Rache and Tesendalo, along with the seldom-heard Silent Voices.
Between his two solo gigs, Die Rache was dedicated to harsher industrial sounds, while Tesendalo was more firmly within the styles of drone and ambient music.

Excerpt from Prion Tapes (Pr2) - "Die Rache" CS

Excerpt from Prion Tapes (Pr3) - "Tesendalo" CS

Prion Tapes was also known for Durchschnittsanfall series of compilations, featuring an international array of home recording artists across noise and minimal electronics. Participants included Kapotte Muziek, Victor/Im, The Haters, S·Core, Merzbow, Con-Dom, JFK, Big City Orchestra, and many others.
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Re: Peter Schuster / Prion Tapes (R.I.P.)

Post by MuhSteve »

Sorry to hear about this, I never knew. I used to write to Peter in the 1990s, buy and trade Prion Tapes and Tesendalo sounds.
I shall spend an evening with his sounds ....
Steve.