Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by SS1535 »

Woe Is Me wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:35 pm
SS1535 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:55 pm
Woe Is Me wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:31 pm

I should have included a little more info maybe but it looks like you can't edit a post! I got into noise in the early 90s, really didn't know anyone in the scene but had too much noise in my head that needed to get out. Mark Solotroff listened to my demo, reviewed it in his zine, and booked me on some great Bloodlust shows with Atrax Morgue, Sshe Retina Stimulants, Orphx, Crawl Unit, and a bunch of other very cool projects. I ended up putting out a few things including a few collaborations with Bastard Noise. I then fell off the face of the earth until Lee Bartow was kind enough to add me to a show opening for Wilt/Jim Plotkin/Post Scriptvm in 2008. Ten years later I played at Eric Wood's birthday party in LA, and that's the last anyone heard of me.

Little bits of intermittent things over the years, work and life made it tough to do as much as I wished I had, but I'm still here. Nice to meet you.
That's awesome. How was it seeing Atrax Morgue live? Was it good working with Bastard Noise?
At the time I didn't know a ton of Atrax Morgue but from what I knew and had heard of them, I was very exited to be part of that show. It was also their US debut. My memory is more like a slide show than video, but I do remember it was very intense, excellent performance. Marco Corbelli's side project Progetto Morte played too. Also Skin Crime, Deathpile, and Bloodyminded. Fucking awesome lineup. Mark could really put a show together.

I love doing stuff with BN, Eric has been a longtime friend. Anything I do in the future is partially endebted to his urging me to get off my ass. I got in touch with him after the Neanderthal 7", that blew my mind. I was already leaning towards noise and BN's stuff helped affirm that.
I remember seeing some of the posters for that Atrax Morgue show a little while ago, and the lineup for it was insane. I wished I had been around at the time in order to actually see so many of those projects together at one.

I met Eric once at a show he did in California, but just those 45 minutes of talking to him were enough to make a very strong impression on me. It must be great to have such a close connection with a guy like that!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

By the way, the drones underlying the track on your Bandcamp sound great!
Woe Is Me
Blank Tape

Post by Woe Is Me »

SS1535 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:59 pm By the way, the drones underlying the track on your Bandcamp sound great!
Thanks, I really appreciate it!
Woe Is Me
Blank Tape

Post by Woe Is Me »

Woe Is Me wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:06 pm
SS1535 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:59 pm By the way, the drones underlying the track on your Bandcamp sound great!
check your PMs
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Woe Is Me wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:33 pm
Woe Is Me wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:06 pm
check your PMs
Just did---many thanks!
sobbing
Blank Tape

Post by sobbing »

Name’s Dakota, I do the project sobbing. I used to do Figure With Meat, but I grew up lol. I specialize in Power Electronics, Sound Art, Noise and Ambient stuffs. I also run Bleeding Tapes: https://itdoesntgetmuchbetter.bandcamp.com/album/cutout
I just released this 7” lathe bundle.
My Instagram is sobbing_____. Follow me, talk to me, call me mean things, or send love letters.
Im also on Spotify n Apple Music if you like streaming! I hope y’all like the stuff I make.
Dawson
Sound Art

Post by Dawson »

I'm Dawson from Glasgow (Scotland for anyone wondering!). Done 46 trips round the sun. I've been playing in bands for around 30 years doing grind core, doom and all that stuff. Only really been releasing noise for the past couple of years under the names Pripyat (PE/Noise/Industrial) and Wound Infiltration (Harsh Noise/Death Industrial type thing).
Fomites
Sound Art

Post by Fomites »

Glenn Schon, I make music as FOMITES (modular noise/experimental) and I am an illustrator, tattooer and cartoonist. From the SF Bay Area, living in Essen, Germany since 2015.
www.fomites.bandcamp.com

Art/Illustration- get in touch: common(dot)era(dot)analog(at)gmail.com

Modular things- https://www.youtube.com/@fomites1620
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Dawson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:25 pm I'm Dawson from Glasgow (Scotland for anyone wondering!). Done 46 trips round the sun. I've been playing in bands for around 30 years doing grind core, doom and all that stuff. Only really been releasing noise for the past couple of years under the names Pripyat (PE/Noise/Industrial) and Wound Infiltration (Harsh Noise/Death Industrial type thing).
Nice to see you here! Been following you on IG for some time now
NoIdolsNoHeroes
Blank Tape

Post by NoIdolsNoHeroes »

Hello! I'm Colt. I've done some tinkering around under the name Forge and I'm just now getting back into it. Played bass in a local punk band and done a little bit of lo-fi beats stuff. I am not especially good at any of these, just things I've enjoyed playing around with. Been checking out the forum lately, mostly to get new recommendations for releases to check out.
confuzzled
C20

Post by confuzzled »

Hi! My name is Rich. I'm a sound enthusiast who listens to noise podcasts and makes noise. I also enjoy attempting to circuit bend, and building stuff that makes noise. I'm on special interests, and ilovefuzz under the same handle.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Hello to new members and nice to have you here!
soa
Blank Tape

Post by soa »

Hi, I'm Elias.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Trolls (like an younger me) on fire making RON angry in the Maniacs board until it sadly burned down. I watched Clemon and Jliat bicker in the dark near the Noise Gear Board. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in rain.

I make noise as Sleep of Ages, HNW as Carrion Black Pit, PE/Industrial as EXU and some other things you can find in my own effortless vanity label:
https://landscapewithouthumans.bandcamp.com/

And moar here:
https://sleepofages.bandcamp.com/
https://carrionblackpit.bandcamp.com/
https://exuindustrial.bandcamp.com/

I'm from Brazil and I'm old, I am feeling extremely nostalgic with this introduction post right now, so excuse me while I dry my tears.

All the best,
Elias CJ
Infibulation
Sound Art

Post by Infibulation »

Zach, 30. Austin, TX.

Been involved with extreme music since I was 16. Grindcore/goregrind/gorenoise/noisecore background. I have an absurd amount of releases within the realms of those genres. Began experimenting and creating harsh noise releases in 2015 till present.

In 2020, I began recording for my primary project Infibulation (death industrial, power electronics, ambient), and has been my major focus ever since.

Aside from noise, I am an avid vhs collector, gym enthusiast, and gardener.

Quick link to some shit -

James Thompson
C20

Post by James Thompson »

hello loves.

i'm james thompson, and i create subterraneans podcast. it's a horror podcast exploring underground london.

i also make all the music for subterraneans, which has been getting more abstract and noisy for the past few years, and i'm now exploring more and more harsh noise. here's an album i put out earlier this year:
Image.

i'm in my 30s and i live in london and i want to get to know my local noise scene a little better. i'm working on another album, along with all the normal sound effects i make for the show, and generally looking for more of a community to share my stuff with.

james thompson is not my real name. bigfoot is real though and he lives in clapham.

love to you all
x
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

soa wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:37 pm Hi, I'm Elias.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Trolls (like an younger me) on fire making RON angry in the Maniacs board until it sadly burned down. I watched Clemon and Jliat bicker in the dark near the Noise Gear Board. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in rain.

I make noise as Sleep of Ages, HNW as Carrion Black Pit, PE/Industrial as EXU and some other things you can find in my own effortless vanity label:
https://landscapewithouthumans.bandcamp.com/

And moar here:
https://sleepofages.bandcamp.com/
https://carrionblackpit.bandcamp.com/
https://exuindustrial.bandcamp.com/

I'm from Brazil and I'm old, I am feeling extremely nostalgic with this introduction post right now, so excuse me while I dry my tears.

Hi Elias. It's Jon, "The Raytownian", 1/4 dead, various other difficult and annoying personalities online. It's very good to see you again.
soa
Blank Tape

Post by soa »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:41 pm Hi Elias. It's Jon, "The Raytownian", 1/4 dead, various other difficult and annoying personalities online. It's very good to see you again.
Hey Jon, great to see you, hope everything is good. Daniel mentioned you a little time ago, I know FAP is here too.
All the best,
Elias CJ
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Nice to see new people joining us here!
ksssssshk973
Sound Art

Post by ksssssshk973 »

Nicholas from Northern New Jersey. Realized I had not made an account after lurking for months after reading Kenny's THE RITA thread.

I know some folks around here from the North East Noise Fest in Worcester Mass. My group infrasubcontra played in '22 and I did solo this year under this handle.

Lovely board, happy to be here.

for 2024 myself and EROSLOVESYOU are attempting to book NOISE shows in Newark, NJ.
Vermin Marvin
Sound Art

Post by Vermin Marvin »

Tero - ROTAT - Finland
Slave of the sleaze and no hi -fi
Last edited by Vermin Marvin on Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
awcobbett
Sound Art

Post by awcobbett »

Hey I'm Arron, 34. From the UK but currently in California, USA.

I used to make noise and other terrible sounds as Hitlerbuttsecks, Cum Dripping Sewer Zombie and HATESOUND, those projects aren't necessarily dead but very unloved ATM. I'm currently making music with the other half as PRURITUS and making other noise/industrial stuff as Corpse Animated By Machines and NOUSM.

Outside of noise I like animation, stop-motion specifically, childish and grotesque cartoons and just wandering around parks and forests for hours.
Been lurking on this forum for a while now, figured I should try and be more social.
lovelife
Contact Mic

Post by lovelife »

Lexx. East Coast USA. Sound Listener (not maker.) Prefer industrial noises and vibrational lullibies or something that will rumble me into oblivion. Not super into screaming/harsh for the sake of harsh. I do like metal, though. Depends on the screaming, maybe. ;P I'll listen to almost anything genre-wise. Always looking for stuff to listen to.
BLACK GALAXIE (nolan h.)
Sound Art

Post by BLACK GALAXIE (nolan h.) »

My name is Nolan. I am originally from Winnipeg and currently based in Toronto, Canada. I am a composer of contemporary classical music (often with electronics) and a noise artist. I have been doing noise under the moniker BLACK GALAXIE since 2019.

https://blackgalaxie.bandcamp.com/album/black-galaxie-v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32hv9_ARsX4
futuristeprimitif
Contact Mic

Post by futuristeprimitif »

oi, im marci. i live in budapest, hungary.
i do a variety of music and noise related shenanigans. im active in noise since '11 as performer and as a show promoter - a bit later.
been following this forum for quite some time until i decided to join.
betontage
Sound Art

Post by betontage »

hi ✌🏻 i'm matt from brooklyn, ny.

i make tape/cutup noise as beton tåge and design things for strange material, among other noise-unrelated pursuits.