Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
totalblack
Hard Panning

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by totalblack »

adult human wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:40 pm
electric knife wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:01 am
NihilBaxter wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am
Not to get that wrong, that friendly employee recommended me some good stuff! ;)
No i didn't, not to worry :)

And that guy it must have been me since i couldn't afford to have an extra person working there (which only happened for one weekend when a friend opened the shop for me)

Glad you were happy with what you bough!!!!
I tell this story all the time but when I first went to Electric Knife the friendly employee was watching cricket for about 5-10 mins before a look of sudden realisation came across his face and he hurriedly put a harsh noise album on. Customer care at its very finest!
classic move !!!

I didn't post in here yet. I'm Brett, originally from Halifax, NS. Started booking shows with noise acts around 2005, and lived in Montreal from 2006-2013. Ran a now defunct DIY venue for a few years, now live in Berlin, Germany. I run the Total Black label and also run a record store dedicated to Noise, Industrial, and Experimental music called Sentimental Youth. Sometimes I make music but recently I can't find the time to be creative.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

totalblack, be that as it may, that new Knurl release you put out is great!!
totalblack
Hard Panning

Post by totalblack »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:17 pm totalblack, be that as it may, that new Knurl release you put out is great!!
hard to go wrong with Knurl, but I agree!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

totalblack wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:56 pm
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:17 pm totalblack, be that as it may, that new Knurl release you put out is great!!
hard to go wrong with Knurl, but I agree!
Well, yeah, but this is one of his best.
electric knife
Contact Mic

Post by electric knife »

Listening to cricket was classified under "Field Recordings"
electric knife records
noise - experimental - avantgarde
oblique tapestry
a zine for noises, fragmented images and the landscape of social space

https://electrickniferecords.co.uk
mpw319
Sound Art

Post by mpw319 »

Mark Warm, currently in Colorado Springs,CO. I co-run Washing Machine Tapes and perform/record as Dead Hawk and MPW.
NewApproach
Blank Tape

Post by NewApproach »

João from Portugal here. Operating as New Approach Records for Noise/P.E. and related and Nekrogoat Heresy Productions for Metal.
More of a reader than a writer, but here I am and hope to see this grow.
PeterJWoods
Blank Tape

Post by PeterJWoods »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm Hey Noisedad, what's up!!!!
Oh hi! NM. U?
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

PeterJWoods wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:12 pm
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 pm Hey Noisedad, what's up!!!!
Oh hi! NM. U?
Wakin' up, takin' care of business. Recently discovered Form Hunter and have absolutely FALLEN IN LOVE with that project...

Btw it's great to have another straightedger on here!! :)
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Max, 23, currently in Raleigh. I had been making noise for roughly a decade, before pushing out thirty or so of those releases under the ill-fated “Greathumour” name. Now I spread my focus between solo work / M.J.E., Tantric Death, and the Tribe Tapes label.
PeterJWoods
Blank Tape

Post by PeterJWoods »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:25 pm Wakin' up, takin' care of business. Recently discovered Form Hunter and have absolutely FALLEN IN LOVE with that project...

Btw it's great to have another straightedger on here!! :)
Form Hunter is beyond good. And fuckin' absolutely.
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Parthenon_23 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:51 pm Dan, 40, Edmonton, Alberta. I've been listening to noise since gestation. As a fully grown human person, I came to noise through the cutup/audio experiments of William Burroughs and Brion Gysin. I made some half-hearted attempts to make my own sounds around 2007-8 but only really began experimenting and recording in earnest late last year.
To me noise, apart from being a very real and valid response to the unconscious human project to "ephemeralize" our home: this planet, is a sort of evocation, a gathering of forces, to make my will manifest and put that out into the world with intent to alter it in some way.
I've got pals in Edmonton. Last time I was there was in 2018 for the Drew McDowall/Hiro Kone/Static Control/k.burwash gig at 99ten. Not sure if we know some of the same people or if you're active in the scene, but either way, looking forward to hearing what you record.
Yankee
Sound Art

Post by Yankee »

Patrick Yankee. I ran SNSE and Gaping Hole labels in 2000s. Record and perform under the Paranoid Time moniker. Hi everyone.
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

Jere, born in Finland, now intending to live in Japan for the rest of this life. Started playing grindcore with Cut to Fit in 2008, then spiralled into all kinds of noise and experimental music (not just noisy stuff) when it got boring. I used to book a lot of grindcore and noise shows in Finland and some short "tours" for foreign bands too
I make my own stuff as Junkyard Shaman (used to make noise as Electric Hobo in Finland but that's all blended into the same project now), there's also still the somewhat alive experimental collective Käki. We also have this junk metal tribal percussion group called Weiches Loch and I play all kinds of experimental and improvised groups around Osaka and Kyoto, whatever is needed, I try provide to the best of my abilities. Mainly I joined this forum because I want to try to share all the amazing stuff here in Japan, but I'll see how this turns out.
I also make a lot of visual art, which alongside music is my only source of income, so I am pretty hungry most of the time.
leuksi
Hard Panning

Post by leuksi »

junkyardshaman wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:24 pm Jere, born in Finland
Heeeeeey twin!
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

leuksi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:49 am
Heeeeeey twin!
hi! We really need to do that project some time!
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

junkyardshaman wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:21 am
leuksi wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:49 am
Heeeeeey twin!
hi! We really need to do that project some time!
Yes you guys should. I'll preorder my copy already.
_TS_
C20

Post by _TS_ »

I'm Trym. Been smashing oscillators together as a part of LUST FIST for a few years now. Been a listener for much longer.
To og to, det ene mot det andre: inn i denne strid fødes vi, med spiren til død i oss...

Forflatning - https://cloisterrecordingsus.bandcamp.c ... orflatning
Kropper Uten Mellomrom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Z39KUtxC0
anotherwaytogetold
Sound Art

Post by anotherwaytogetold »

Hi.
Thomas from north of France, born in 1974
I discovered industrial/noise mid 90's but only started to create noise in 2007 (i guess). I'm a member of the noise unite called Astreinte.
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

Hi.
Thomas from north of France, born in 1974
I discovered industrial/noise mid 90's but only started to create noise in 2007 (i guess). I'm a member of the noise unite called Astreinte.
salut gaillard.
the live at violent apes fest was crazy !
parapluie
Sound Art

Post by parapluie »

Hi!
Lucas from France, parisian suburb, just turned 30. Been listening to noise and related for a decade or so. Always felt really unconfortable posting stuff online so I'm mostly a huge records buyer, but I will try to contribute a bit more here.
I recorded my first stuff in 2020 and it got released on tape, but I haven't been able to record more since COVID started. Will resume recordings later this year when I move out!
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

vouaille another French
turbonasty
Blank Tape

Post by turbonasty »

Hello!
Grant Richardson from Minneapolis MN, 35
Active projects: Solo are Gnawed and Atrox Pestis, and am a member of Pain Apparatus and Mass Ejection.
Electronics enthused, subterranean lurking, lathe cutting, recording mixing and mastering audio engineer.

I rarely read or post on any forums these days, but they were incredibly informative for me in the early/mid 2000's. I'll try to make an effort to pop on in more frequently here!
BobD.
Contact Mic

Post by BobD. »

Hi everybody,

Bob Desaulniers, 38 years on planet Earth, residing in Portland, Oregon.

I record as Translucent Envelope, or under my own name, and have had a few releases on Chocolate Monk, and Royal Sperm. I’m also a musician and have played in a lot of punk and garage bands over the years.

Traditionally I’ve not been too into message boards, but this seems like a decent alternative to social media for hearing about new releases and recommendations.

Thanks to S&W for setting this up!
Mattias Gustafsson
Contact Mic

Post by Mattias Gustafsson »

Hi!
Mattias Gustafsson, Mjölby, Sweden
43 years old
Altar Of Flies, Hästen & Korset
Still getting thrills of buying records, beer, wine & books