noise/ unusual gear reviews on youtube

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
moth1334
Contact Mic

noise/ unusual gear reviews on youtube

Post by moth1334 »

what are some of your favorites?
could be anyone reviewing/ talking about any odd, unusual, or noisy gear
I will start with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/@YotzeretSheydim
confuzzled
C20

Re: noise/ unusual gear reviews on youtube

Post by confuzzled »

I like these videos.I would like to see reviews of more noise instruments or interviews with the builders.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I used to have a few "noise gear demos" on YT that I now, somewhat regrettably, deleted and lost.

I have considered getting back into it with a more streamlined approach than before inspired by the old NoiseFX demonstration style. The idea of dweeby, cork-sniffing distortion studies does appeal to me, I must confess. But the phenomenon of gear inffluencers and hype-mongering really sours me on it. I think the direct line from "fun yt hobby" to shilling for companies and ruining the used market with influencer hype has sadly taken a lot of the fun and innocence out of it.

I still think about it sometimes, though. An encyclopedic catalogue of different distortions applied to junk loops and white noise could be so incredible!
mouthofinfinity
Contact Mic

Post by mouthofinfinity »

They only ever posted two videos, but this was a fun one https://www.youtube.com/@HNWASMR
moth1334
Contact Mic

Post by moth1334 »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:21 pm I used to have a few "noise gear demos" on YT that I now, somewhat regrettably, deleted and lost.

I have considered getting back into it with a more streamlined approach than before inspired by the old NoiseFX demonstration style. The idea of dweeby, cork-sniffing distortion studies does appeal to me, I must confess. But the phenomenon of gear inffluencers and hype-mongering really sours me on it. I think the direct line from "fun yt hobby" to shilling for companies and ruining the used market with influencer hype has sadly taken a lot of the fun and innocence out of it.

I still think about it sometimes, though. An encyclopedic catalogue of different distortions applied to junk loops and white noise could be so incredible!
Completely agree on influencers ruining the used market. I was away from noise/ sound for a while and looking at used prices is... well, it's something. you know what i mean

ditto on the encyclopedia type thing. I would love something like that for modulation and filter pedals too.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Most definitely regarding modulation and filter stuff, anything, really. I am a bit of a filter maniac myself (I blame Merzbow).

I'm up on the idea more and more as I contemplate it, but I don't have a good system/setup for recording and editing video.
moth1334
Contact Mic

Post by moth1334 »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:22 pm Most definitely regarding modulation and filter stuff, anything, really. I am a bit of a filter maniac myself (I blame Merzbow).

I'm up on the idea more and more as I contemplate it, but I don't have a good system/setup for recording and editing video.
same here on not having a setup in addition to having no budget at all