Noise with Drums

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Re: Noise with Drums

Post by Happiness, forever »

Fire of the Mind wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:49 am
Happiness, forever wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:17 am My own project Nervous Corps:

I had an electronic drum kit that i ran thru my gear then proceeded to destroy rhythm (haha).
There is also the Nervous Corps 2xc30 release on Maternal Infection that is all drum driven noise, total destruction!
Well, fuck, I love your Nervous Corps work and had no idea that's how you got those sounds. I'm genuinely fascinated.
Thanks! It was only a few times that I used the e.drums for NC. I kinda wished I had done moar in that style, it was a LOT of fun recording.
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Last week in Greensboro NC I caught a live performance from Memetic Survival Ensemble --
Two laptops were dishing out filtered samples from old commercials and television shows, while the drummer played aggressively and chaotically.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

SLOW LIGHT

Eric King (Intensive Care, Column of Heaven, The Endless Blockade, etc.) effort from the previous decade. More "drums with noise" than "noise with drums", though. The ideas evidently eventually developed into his Black Iron Prison project with Matthew Carroll (also The Endless Blockade).
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

New noise/drums duo out now from Hikikomori.
prask
Sound Art

Post by prask »

i was thinking of prurient's black vase, which has a great drum integration in his usual feedback stuff

or even "Sternum" of his Mego EP "Arrowhead"
James Thompson
C20

Post by James Thompson »

33033 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 pm

New noise/drums duo out now from Hikikomori.
just picked this up - amazing release
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

I think Merzbow's kibako 2012 is one of the best Merzbow releases ever, lots of percussion and drums, sometimes sounding like taiko, sometimes just sounding like throwing a bunch of 2x4's down a staircase, and I love both. Also all th other sounds in it too feel visceral, like flesh, bone and sinew made out of wood rubbing against each other, and I really like that feel..

I am quite a simple being and mostly drawn to rhythm and low end sounds, so this type of noise appeals to me the most, I just wish many times that drums in noise would more often mean something else than some metalheads blastbeat solo and doublebass excercise. For example Sly and the Family Drone, especially with their collaborative album with Dead Neanderthals is really intense experience and I think there should be more stuff like that in the world. I would be happy.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

this! finnish hijokaidan-style harsh noise from 2007. Hidden gem now found!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
lastof
Blank Tape

Post by lastof »

junkyardshaman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:38 pmFor example Sly and the Family Drone, especially with their collaborative album with Dead Neanderthals is really intense experience and I think there should be more stuff like that in the world. I would be happy.
dude this album is so sick thank you for posting!! i already liked Dead Neanderthals (not that familiar with Sly & the family drone unfortunately) but i love this
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

I know, right!! insanely good album, also Walk it Dry by Sly & the etc, highly recommend it!
MinSen
Sound Art

Post by MinSen »

Troum noise + martial drums must be my favorite:

Minimum Sentence - UK Disquieting Electronics:
Youtube - Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Instagram