Noisecore thread?

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
lastof
Blank Tape

Noisecore thread?

Post by lastof »

Overlap with "noise with drums" and "sissy spacek"

World, Nikudorei, Genital Masticator, The Gerogerigegege, Funeral Mongoloids, Deche-Charge, Living Room, Scab Addict, 7 Minutes of Nausea, Sedem Minut Strachau, Suppression, Brutal Glockel Terror, Rectal Pus, Cadaver In Drag, Limbs Bin, Noise, Sete Star Sept, Sissy Spacek, Violent Headache, YesMeansYes, Sore Throat, Sewer System, Ruido de Odio, Kuro, Confuse, Penis Geyser, Z, State Children, Gorgonized Dorks, Atrofia Cerebral, Gore Beyond Necropsy, Pissdeads, PorraLoka, Fuck Me Fuck My Noise, Fatal Position, Death to All Politicians, Shitnoise Bastards, Radiacion Suicyda, Toilette, Nietszchelickers, Federation of Sorrow, Hades Mining Co, Vitmas do Crack, Drenagem, Finecut, Disfigured Human Mind, Arsedestroyer, Anti-Timpanos, Herpes, Terrorist Financing, Homofobia, Vomitatrix

(vanity section)
Last of England, Ouroborean Piss, Brainless Storm, Lieutenant Faceplant

I just uploaded all 5 volumes of the noisecore comps I've curated over the past 10 years to YouTube

Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Re: Noisecore thread?

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Early AxCx always and forever.

THC Eradicus is another personal favorite that doesn't get much love these days. My totally fucking evil noisecore project was very much inspired by some of the trippy, experimental aspects of his stuff!
MND
C20

Post by MND »

Some of my favorite noisecore bands

moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

This is one of the greatest noisecore releases IMO. The editing makes it an insane 1000mph ride.

Needle Exchange - Kill Em All With Fentanyl
leuksi
Hard Panning

Post by leuksi »

This is one of my favs. Absolutely nuts.

lastof
Blank Tape

Post by lastof »

moozz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am This is one of the greatest noisecore releases IMO. The editing makes it an insane 1000mph ride.
I own this. It's totally awesome. I also have the Penis Geyser tape in a weird can that label put out, also amazing. The Penis Geyser tape is like, musique concrete with a noisecore band and their instruments as the source material only. Of course very similar to what Matthew Reis is doing with Living Room.

Speaking of which I put out one of my favorite Living Room releases a while back and recently found copies:
https://enforcedexistence.bigcartel.com ... d-cassette
Side B is wild.
leuksi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:11 am This is one of my favs. Absolutely nuts.
I've heard this one too, super brutal!!
MND wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm Some of my favorite noisecore bands
I got mp3s of a Potabilizadora split with Sociedad de Rechazo that's really good. Of course 7MON and Atrofia Cerebral are classics. The others were new to me, thanks!

Also I forgot to post this, the greatest noisecore comp of all time:

99 tracks of 99 different bands from Spain! Holy shit!! Haha
Bleak Existence
Contact Mic

Post by Bleak Existence »

Inaudible - musical destruction demo recorded in 92'' by me and 2 other lunatic.
papp diin
Contact Mic

Post by papp diin »

Early noisecore is something I have all the time in the world for, even though I don't put it on too often. But it's some of my favorite shit. I've often seen it more of a representation of "punishing the recorder" - forcing entire band through the little hole on a dictaphone for example, and seeing what kind of textures appear. Since we've already mentioned AxCx (did you know they played in Åland once??), this was always my favorite because it sounded the shittiest:

That's probably an overanalysis - In the early days all of it was made and put out as a joke anyway. The aim for "why would you put this out?" in the unsuspecting buyer has kind of been lost in the digital age of expensive vinyl. Other favorites are Minch, Pile of Eggs and Deche-Charge. Breathing Problem Productions reissued Traci Lords Love Noise - Die You Stupid Fucking Posers! on vinyl a few years back which I simply had to get, in spite of overseas shipping. They put out quite a bit of great noisecore. They also have a podcast on Spotify with an episode focused entirely on goregrind which is super inspiring and interesting.
moozz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am
Reanimated Miscarriage is one of the best labels currently - Total genre worship of a genre no one was meant to worship, but everything they put out is worth your time and money if you're into this stupid shit. Even puts a new modern twist on it! He was kind enough to send me some posters and a zine once, some of which falls in the "there's no way in hell i can put this up on my wall"-category...
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

DEADLY VERITY
(Kei Yokota aka OUTERMOST)

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

How could I forget about Anal Jackson?
Great, fun, sloppy nonsense.
MND
C20

Post by MND »

lastof wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:32 am
moozz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am
MND wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm Some of my favorite noisecore bands
I got mp3s of a Potabilizadora split with Sociedad de Rechazo that's really good. Of course 7MON and Atrofia Cerebral are classics. The others were new to me, thanks!
No problem, most of the spanish noisecore is great, recently someone did a noisecore documentary where they talk about the spanish scene, interview with bunch of people that played in these bands plus record labels.

Here is the link to it:

SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

In addition to many of the projects mentioned above, I also always like Aunt Mary---the pre-Bizarre Uproar noisecore experiment!
sally limbo nightmare
Blank Tape

Post by sally limbo nightmare »

7MON were the ones for me. Especially the first couple of 7's. I think it's a combo of things. Shouting not growling/grunting. Only two of em & not overly distorted, so ... weirdly raw? Plus they were ahead of the pack so they were walking the path less trod. Oh yeah, and the lyrics / titles.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Are we allowed to tread into tardcore territory here?
Sockeye are fucking legendary. I even did a live cover of "Chant" at one of my incredibly rare drunken live catastrophies!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Traci Lords Loves Noise might be more appropriate.
papp diin
Contact Mic

Post by papp diin »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:05 pm Are we allowed to tread into tardcore territory here?

Never heard that term before, but is that whatever the hell this is? Came here to post it anyway. When it comes to noisecore, the stupider the better, I say.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Musically, noisecore and tardcore are very different. I'd suggest a separate thread for that, especially given how insanely prolific the guys from Sockeye are with their other projects. I mean, we're talking at least thirty different projects...

Also, I know WAY too much about it...
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Anyhow, I'm surprised Arsedestroyer and Gore Beyond Necropsy haven't come up yet.
hateful.neglect
Sound Art

Post by hateful.neglect »

papp diin wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 am
Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:05 pm Are we allowed to tread into tardcore territory here?

Never heard that term before, but is that whatever the hell this is? Came here to post it anyway. When it comes to noisecore, the stupider the better, I say.
While there are some attempts to define noisecore out there, I think there can be an expansive concept that encompasses most of the projects mentioned so far and moves beyond the 1-2-3-4 BLURGHHGHG frame. I think of noisecore as stemming from this small group of bands that emerged in 1985 (Seven Minutes of Nausea, Brigada Do Odio, Crab Society North, and Gerogerigegege), all from different scenes, in completely different parts of the world, but sharing traits and fitting in between all these other established genres. There is also a lot of overlap between noisecore, tardcore, and shit noise, and trying to shoehorn one thing into one or the other can sometimes be difficult. Saying that, I think of Big Ass as a noisecore band.

Crab Society North (and also of course check the earlier 'Crab Society' demo by S.O.D.)

Brigada Do Odio

If people are interested and not familiar already, I'm quite confident this track from 1984 is a direct influence on Seven Minutes of Nausea:

And while many of my personal favorites have been mentioned already, I can also fully endorse:

ops-psf

Wage-Slave Exchange

Cunts

Final Exit

Snajper

Ah, I could just keep going. And while the releases Reanimated Miscarriage and Breathing Problem have been doing highlight a lot of both new, one-off projects and classic stuff, Rage For All also has a small catalog of top-tier stuff for noisecore freaks.
Cementimental
Hard Panning

Post by Cementimental »

gonna be checking out a lot of these that I haven't heard :3

My olde noisecore / happy grindcore band Gymnastic Decomposition is basically my favourite thing i've been a part of ever:

cementimental.bandcamp.com - harsh Noise, rough music and circuit bending since 2000ad
disgustingcathedral.bandcamp.com - Dungeon Noise
isntses.bandcamp.com - Intergalactic noise/music
isntses.etsy.com - Psychogeographic noise synths
hstabwoundpenetration
Sound Art

Post by hstabwoundpenetration »

Noise from Brazil and their compilation 12" "Demo Tapes 1991-1995" is so worth adding to anyone's noisecore collection.
The first 6 minutes that contain their demo tape "Capitalist Cause: War And Poorness" as well as the second to last chunk containing their "Industrial Dross" rehearsal is soooo good.
https://youtu.be/LiejN1XPtFg
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

hstabwoundpenetration wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am Noise from Brazil and their compilation 12" "Demo Tapes 1991-1995" is so worth adding to anyone's noisecore collection.
The first 6 minutes that contain their demo tape "Capitalist Cause: War And Poorness" as well as the second to last chunk containing their "Industrial Dross" rehearsal is soooo good.
https://youtu.be/LiejN1XPtFg

Co-signed!!!! I own this on vinyl and have the digital download from SPHC Records (they put out the physical).
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Some of the best coverage of noisecore was in an issue of the now out of print "Invocation of Obscene Gods" zine. Doug from Hellnation, Praparation-H, Brody's Militia, Erectile Dementia, Funerary Box, Spastic Amoebas, etc did it. He actually went to a major noisecore show at St. Vitus, rather than MDF one year, because the lineup was too good to pass up. Some of the notable acts were Deche-Charge, Spacegrinder (Japan) w/sax player(!!!), FINAL EXIT, and Sedem Minut Stratchu. Can't remember who else... maybe Cunts or Napalm Death is Dead???

The Spacegrinder set he witnessed

Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

Noise are definitely a very influential band for me when it comes to how I handle my music stuff, and they're also one of my ultimate favourite noisecore bands.

The LP compilation is far from complete, although these are all the "official" demos they released. There are also tracks on compilations or live tapes that exist that are quite good.
Violent Shogun / Hattifnattar / Cryptofascisme / etc:
http://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com
Droit Divin:
http://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com
Lava:
http://lavabdx.bandcamp.com