Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
BrachliegenTapes
C20

Re: Now Playing

Post by BrachliegenTapes »

Coil (Black Light District) - A Thousand Lights in a Darkened Room
Copped a copy of the Dais reissue for cheap recently and is really helping me get through some tedious admin this morning. Have been enjoying a lot of the mid-late 90s Coil recently.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Closet Witch - Closet Witch
Fluoride - Fluoride
Fluoride - Disentanglement
Stöner - Stoners rule
Bongzilla - Amerijuanica
Cloud Rat - Pollinator
Raato - 4 Way Ear Split
Kylesa - Static tension
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

33033 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:51 pm The new WCN Podcast with Nick Wainwright made me pull this out. I bought this drunk at some house show off Masa Anzai and lost it in my friends car for probably a year? He found it one day gave it to me and said “I figured something this fucking weird would be yours”. Features The Rita, members of Goatsblood.
hahahaha that's an awesome thing to be told by a friend... :)
parasitenurse wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:33 pm the dopamines - expect the worst
Never would have imagined someone here would listen to them. The lead singer owns a bar/restaurant/venue in town.

Here's some of what I've been listening to:

Form Hunter - s/t
Form Hunter - Violent Adaptation
Vomir - Rien
Vomir - Untitled
Scant - (a bunch of his stuff)
Forest Management - Passageways
Death Toll 80k - Make Your Own Future
Crux (PDX) - Failure to Yield
Enforced - Kill Grid
The Stupids - The Kids Don't Like It
Best Coast - Crazy For You
Starflyer 59 - a live boot from 1995
Scholastic Deth - Bookstore Core 2000-2002
Chris
Contact Mic

Post by Chris »

Scalp Elevator - Ontario (Total Black)

This one has lots of clattering junk metal and bass rumble with solid moments of atmospheric tension release mixed in. There's a great ebb and flow of different sounds at work here while still being very "live" and uncompromising.
chryptusrecords
Hard Panning

Post by chryptusrecords »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:22 am The Stupids
FUCK yeah, retard picnic 7" and peruvian vacation lp are certified classics
thevomitarsonist
Contact Mic

Post by thevomitarsonist »

MISCREANT - Violent By Design: A Retrospective (Disclosures)
Somehow I missed all of Miscreant's material when they were active. I knew the name, just never heard it. Better late than never, cause this shit is fucking excellent. As a fan of Sam's current work, it's very cool to hear this earlier stuff. Kudos to Disclosures for making this material more widely available. Top tier PE.
thevomitarsonist.bandcamp.com
danversstate.storenvy.com
shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

Post by shrouded.in.antiquity »

Namahs wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:42 am Closet Witch - Closet Witch
Fluoride - Fluoride
Fluoride - Disentanglement
Stöner - Stoners rule
Bongzilla - Amerijuanica
Cloud Rat - Pollinator
Raato - 4 Way Ear Split
Kylesa - Static tension
Closet Witch is the best band from Iowa
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

Vein.Fm - Errorzone
JuntaCadre
Hard Panning

Post by JuntaCadre »

NihilBaxter wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:28 am Junta Cadre - The Enemy Is Listening (Total Black)
- Absolutely great record, masterful power electronics which is perfectly fitting the album format. His last one on No Rent was also really, really strong, but i think that one is even better!
Thanks a ton for listening. Very happy with how the album turned out, i think it’s the most well rounded and realized sound/theme combination so far. Still waiting on my artist copies to arrive from berlin. Did you pick it up locally at the Sentimental Youth store?
What Abraham found easiest, I would have found hard, namely to be joyful again with Isaac

Herukrat, Junta Cadre, Commuter.

https://juntacadre.bandcamp.com/
https://newforces.bandcamp.com/album/no-longer-penitent
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Conversation About The Light - A Retrospective
Kinda serendipitous discovery here, released on a label-slash-project that did a pretty severe about-face in the fairly early going. First the serendipity. Copped the above on the self say-so after locating the semi long-lost 3” CATL released on Cipher (top left), stowed inside the (pictured) phroq “77 sound objects” box, also courtesy Cipher. That was a gooood afternoon of assorted weird and wonderful sound objects and Swans covers which in the wake got me wondering what else CATL were up to. Turns out pretty much the entire discog, minus the Cipher tracks, were compiled and T Garrison mastered under the loving administrations of a wonderful Swede.

As A Retrospective will reveal, CATL evolves in a way that you could imagine as finding due approval in the abovementioned Swede, cycling through smooth ambient shimmers through ominous guitar-driven cave dives through straight up harsh brutality. The harsh brutality is confined to brief climactic scenes which top out extended meandering explorations of a much more cinematic scope. So never to lock steps with Hum Of The Druid, with whom the project briefly voltron’d, never to fully embrace the testicular druidic textures of yore, more to lap at bespoke rims of darkened under-bowels, fecal burglaries festering deep in the core, never quite to expunge but to stare unblinking into cavernous pits of guttered wobba wobba.
Attachments
catl.JPG
catl.JPG (36.49 KiB) Viewed 7283 times
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

JFK - Avalanche Zone

Anthony DiFranco of Ramleh, sounds the closest to Pan Sonic I've heard. Brilliant record.
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

Nothing, but soon Alice Coltrane.
NihilBaxter
C20

Post by NihilBaxter »

JuntaCadre wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:04 pm
NihilBaxter wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:28 am Junta Cadre - The Enemy Is Listening (Total Black)
- Absolutely great record, masterful power electronics which is perfectly fitting the album format. His last one on No Rent was also really, really strong, but i think that one is even better!
Thanks a ton for listening. Very happy with how the album turned out, i think it’s the most well rounded and realized sound/theme combination so far. Still waiting on my artist copies to arrive from berlin. Did you pick it up locally at the Sentimental Youth store?
Yep, exactly. We also had a chat on instagram the other day. ;)
Brett's store is the best thing that could happen to any maniacs in and around Berlin, and whoever might be here for a visit is higly recommenden to hop in!

Now playing:

Granite Mask - All Dried Up
https://nostilevo.bandcamp.com/album/all-dried-up
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

chryptusrecords wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:18 am
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:22 am The Stupids
FUCK yeah, retard picnic 7" and peruvian vacation lp are certified classics
Absolutely!
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Spins of the day so far:
Nothing More To Eat - Eat'n
Nothing More To Eat - Nothing More To Eat
Psykoanalyysi - Kivitys
Raato - 0701221647
Full Of Hell - Rudiments Of Mutilation
Junkyard Shaman - I Exist
Concrete Winds - Nerve Butcherer
Weiches Loch - Live At Hokage 20210306
[MBD]
C20

Post by [MBD] »

thevomitarsonist wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:28 am MISCREANT - Violent By Design: A Retrospective (Disclosures)
Somehow I missed all of Miscreant's material when they were active. I knew the name, just never heard it. Better late than never, cause this shit is fucking excellent. As a fan of Sam's current work, it's very cool to hear this earlier stuff. Kudos to Disclosures for making this material more widely available. Top tier PE.
Happy you dig it man! Miscreant was a huge influence on myself and it really is a shame that they flew under a lot of people's radar back when they were active. Copies are still available from myself as well as distros all around the world!

For me, currently playing Dave Gilden - Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend (Stella reissue) in anticipation of the CD version that just dropped. No words needed, still on top.
Material Body Dysfunction & Flickering Coward. Cincinnati OH USA.

https://linktr.ee/materialbodydysfunction
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

The Cosmic Sand Dollars - Let's Go Insertion!
https://coldvomit.bandcamp.com/album/lets-go-insertion
Wigged out noise surf

Sewer Election + Treriksroset - Killing for Germany Ragsved
Total pure harsh heater

Metgumbnerbone - Anthropological Field Recordings for the Dispossessed
I've been jamming with some homies out in the wilderness and looking for inspiration from these dudes. I hope Ligeliahorn gets a solo repress at some point, but this is a vital compilation.
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Trade parcel from JNPowl. Newer noise artist based out of Arkansas..: no-frills, no-bullshit noise for noise’s sake. Packaging on all of these is ace too.
Attachments
AB98DA13-2946-418A-B1A6-A07D522E57AD.jpeg
AB98DA13-2946-418A-B1A6-A07D522E57AD.jpeg (88.45 KiB) Viewed 7121 times
New Forces
Hard Panning

Post by New Forces »

Merzbow - Flare Gun (Ten Bob Swerver) LP
Attachments
55DAFF4A-B210-4B22-8815-885EEAA06060.jpeg
55DAFF4A-B210-4B22-8815-885EEAA06060.jpeg (73 KiB) Viewed 7107 times
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Ineffable Slime wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:15 pm The Cosmic Sand Dollars - Let's Go Insertion!
https://coldvomit.bandcamp.com/album/lets-go-insertion
Wigged out noise surf
I didn't expect them to put out TWO albums in one day, but hey... not complaining!!!! =)

today:

white trash inc. - s/t 7"
forest management - passageways
peace test - pry
peace test - uniform repression 7"
brain tourniquet - (preview tracks from the new release)
form hunter - s/t
the little green men - promo '22
white trash inc. - track from the "8.21 Blue Bunny Compilation"
ronnie martin (from joy electric) - from the womb of the morning, the dew of your youth will be yours
hemlock branch - "fortuna"

+ tracks here and there from releases I'm considering getting from bandcamp today
DeathOrgone
Contact Mic

Post by DeathOrgone »

Infektionsabteilung - Heir Ist Kein trost

I have to find more about this project. I don't know what it is, but Italians are masters at creating sounds that make my skin tingle while weirding me out.

https://awwfn.bandcamp.com/album/heir-ist-kein-trost
shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

Post by shrouded.in.antiquity »

Surprised that nobody posted this yet
https://peyotetapes.bandcamp.com/album/ ... boar-split

Kazumoto Endo and Boar are both complete harsh noise titans. Seeing Boar live convinced me I wanted to make harsh noise.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Pain Jerk – Brutalica
It started, as these things are prone, with a dream. Not a particularly good dream. And not to overbore with details, but what I remember most is everyone - yes, and you were there too - everyone, kind of milling about, incredulously. Somehow he’d done it. Somehow, Gomi had managed to erase all of it, all of his noise, from existence. Not only from the digital but the stuff on vinyl, on tape. All the AMPs. I refused to believe it, laughed in faces, then slightly worried rushed home, played the tapes. Nada. Nothing but hiss. Yet with the vaguest ghost-hints of harsh brutalica way back there, behind the incessant shoosh.

Okay, so laugh now at my suggestibility, but the first thing I do, after I waking up screaming, is fumble out the Jerk-tapes, all of them. And out spills Brutalica.

Now, Brutalica and I have a bit of a relationship, blowing hot and cold but really it seems most often cold against others in the slightly latter vicinity, like Alchemistry and the unstoppable Aktion Brut. The red-headed step-child of the earlier AMP discog, less in body, less in precision, less inclined to spasticate, and all around less in general. In the attached picture, the neglect is – painfully, comically – palpable.

But today, today. Well this is what dumfuckwad-level dreams’ll do to those with sod for brains.

Today, this shit is just like, fuck. The harsh drilling fury of the brutalicties somehow seeming that much more focused, the abrasive severity of the upper-ended scorch-bliss that much more bliss-tering, the abbreviated junk-metal interludes that much more dis-kiltered. But most of all, really, just the sheer and unambiguous commitment to HARSH. The shit pierces in ways I don’t think I could ever quite have previously appreciated a proper severely-tweaked hole-piercing might pierce and sucks to be me. Piercing piercings to pierce the earhole a new one. The noise nightmare from which one might only dream of never waking up. Dream to hope to dare.
Attachments
brutalica.JPG
brutalica.JPG (31.82 KiB) Viewed 6961 times
Last edited by Joie de la Blumpy on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Okay laugh again fuzzball but the proof is in the pudding. After the screaming came the "straight headed" determination. Duly snagged ten items off the bandcamp, no hesitation, even shits that I've got on tape and vinyl. Because.

Man I'm beyond help.
BrachliegenTapes
C20

Post by BrachliegenTapes »

A lot of Sewer Election at the moment: Kassette Musik, Sex / Death & Maar w/ Leda
Gore - Mean Man's Dream
Eliane Radigue - Feedback Works