Forgotten noises from the entrails of the vault

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Knifedoutofexistence
C20

Re: Forgotten noises from the entrails of the vault

Post by Knifedoutofexistence »

W.K. wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:49 pm
Knifedoutofexistence wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:54 pm Purging Light - Endlessness Of Desire

https://purginglight.bandcamp.com/album ... -of-desire

I know this tape inside out. I’ve listened to it so many times over the years. Just great raw noise and scathing vocals. I’ve not really seen them mentioned outside of the few Dutch people who knew them when they were active. Heard they were pretty wild live, and I’m gutted I never got to see them. Think they’d definitely fall under the forgotten/unknown category for most people, but for me it’s one of the most essential titles in my collection.
Hah great to read this! Yeah Gijs has made some awesome noise, live was a sight to behold, very intense and visceral, not always to the liking of bystanders due to it getting violent sometimes, but always with full dedication and intent. But I don't know if he ever returns to that noise again. Has been quite a while though since my last contact with him, so I have no idea what he is up too. Maybe should give him a call sometime.

I think his solo projects are even better.
I’m not sure I’m familiar with the solo stuff, feel free to send any links my way! I think I’ve met both of them in the past, but only very briefly, so no idea what they’re up to now.