Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
moozz
Hard Panning

Re: Now Playing

Post by moozz »

Gagarin Kombinaatti - 83-85
Early (from almost 40 years ago!) Finnish industrial with the late Mika Vainio of Pan Sonic. Many of the earlier industrial/experimental releases are more like curiosities to me, interesting to hear but no real replay value, but this one is great. To me this sounds like a mix of early Einsturzende Neubauten and Haus Arafna.

Werewolf Jerusalem - Static Storm
HNW but with abrupt changes in the static (like Werewolf Jerusalem often does it). More hiss than rumble but still very much enjoyable.

Curtis Roads/Todd Barton split
Experimental zigzag electronics. Roads sounding a bit more lo-fi and rough, Barton more synth/drone. A bit unusual release for me but I get back to this from time to time.

Depress/Regress / Slave Labor - Seeing Trip'le
David Gilden and Richard Ramirez from 1997. Turbulent harsh noise fortunately released by Dead Mind Records in 2020.

Jake Vida - Ten Arrows
Originally released as a CDR edition of 17 copies in 2006. Insane! Not the noise but the size of the original edition. Luckily later released on CD by Turgid Animal. Solid harsh noise, nothing epic but gets the job done. Available super cheap and very much worth the few euros.

Seagull - A Thousand Keys
2009 harsh noise on Dead Audio Tapes. Fantastic murky rumbling harsh noise. Nothing polished, just non-stop harsh noise turbulence.

Scum - Surrender
Epileptic harsh noise bouncing all over the place. Like rapid fire science fiction laser film snippets sometimes getting stuck.
parasitenurse
C20

Post by parasitenurse »

scum - we must bleed
stress orphan - raid
sickness - fuck your punk rock
coteries - azorean mirror
fejhed - self titled
venta protesix - and now im lost in the maze of resignation
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

8 Hour Animal - Armsanxhor
8 Hour Animal - Thrust In Me
Peking Crash Team - Infinity Ouroboros Racing Machine
Slow Slow Loris - Third Light
Serration - Deconfliction
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Stress Orphan - Raid
I haven't heard this project before but really enjoyed this tape. In and out, 10 minutes of very welll done power electronics. Forceful vocal performance and at 10 minutes it's the kind of thing you want to throw on again and again. I talked to a friend about how PE could use an infusion of grindcore energy, and this def captures that.
https://norentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/raid-norent053

Rattenfanger - Geisslerlieder
Heavy and surprisingly groovy death metal from some dudes in Drudkh. While it could be qualified as "old school death metal" it rides out some instrumental parts into something almost post-rocky, but very heavy end to end. Really great stuff and easy to track down.
https://rattenfanger.bandcamp.com/
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

moozz wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:32 pm Gagarin Kombinaatti - 83-85
Early (from almost 40 years ago!) Finnish industrial with the late Mika Vainio of Pan Sonic. Many of the earlier industrial/experimental releases are more like curiosities to me, interesting to hear but no real replay value, but this one is great. To me this sounds like a mix of early Einsturzende Neubauten and Haus Arafna.
Excellent project. Vainio was a visionary, a true artist. Moving so seemingly effortlessly from style to style and collaborating with so many people. RIP
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

The Fearless Flyers - Tailwinds
Boredom Knife - Epidermis Sessions I
Raato - 0701221647
Raato - Perineum/Crown
Psykoosi - Psykoosi
Saasta - Scoptophobia
Häkki - Compound Eye (from Kolari II)
Häkki - Timeless Stratum (from Mongre Tactics split)
Häkki - Live II
Häkki - Annual Report
Puce Mary - Rubber Therapy
Brant Bjork - Tao Of The Devil
Dark Buddha Rising - Mathreyata
Puce Mary - Persona
Full Of Hell - Auditory Trauma: foh isolation sessions (live)
Full Of Hell - Weeping Choir
Last edited by Namahs on Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sarinDK
Contact Mic

Post by sarinDK »

VA - Kollektiv
Reissue of a 1985 tape compilation. Weird, murky and disturbing sounds.
Attachments
IMG_20220210_134753.jpg
IMG_20220210_134753.jpg (46.2 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Stress Orphan - Rank and Filth; side of split with Scant
Like Weeds - Until There Is Nothing Left
Developer - Stand in My Shadow Forever
Ronnie Martin - From The Womb Of The Morning, The Dew Of Your Youth Will Be Yours
Beneath Oblivion - Existence Without Purpose; split with Sin of Angels; split with Angel Eyes
The Julies - Lovelife EP
Operation Ivy - discography
Black Breath - Sentenced to Life
Peace Test - Pry
-NRRRRK-
Hard Panning

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Andrew Nolan - Museum Etiquette
Fantastic blend of field recordings, synth bleeps and sounds and some oldschool death-industrial feel. Two tracks of about 15 minutes. Mellow mood, but pretty dark. Sounds and atmosphere is flowing nicely from segment to segment. This is very well crafted material. Tape itself is a thing of beauty.
NihilBaxter
C20

Post by NihilBaxter »

Ludwig Berger - Cargo
"Recommended way of listening: half asleep / in transit." - Agreed!
Great mix of drony ambient and blurred field-recordings.
Attachments
273070189_518026996294743_5600403076386856205_n.jpg
273070189_518026996294743_5600403076386856205_n.jpg (34.29 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
Touch Starved
C20

Post by Touch Starved »

I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz and chaotic hardcore/ mathcore lately, here’s what I’ve been spinning today:

Alas - Alas EP
Best Finnish skramz band, I’m going on tour with them this spring with my own skramz band Claire Voyancé

The Locust - Safety Second, Body Last
Incredibly creative and dizzying mathcore / grindcore, the best live band ever IMO

Daitro - Laisser Vivre les Squelettes
Amazing French skramz / post rock

Gaza - No Absolutes in Human Suffering
Really creative blend of mathcore, sludge metal and post-rock

Admiral Angry - Buster
One of my favorite bands / albums of all time, a ridiculously heavy blend of metalcore and sludge metal, incredibly ahead of their time

Tim Hecker - Mirages
Amazing drone, one of the best to do it
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm
Good album. Saw them once in Turku 10+ years ago. There was Haust, The Kandidate, Gaza and Rotten Sound playing. To me Gaza was easily the best for that night.
shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

Post by shrouded.in.antiquity »

Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm Admiral Angry - Buster
One of my favorite bands / albums of all time, a ridiculously heavy blend of metalcore and sludge metal, incredibly ahead of their time
This album fucking whips. I should jam it again soon. Great playlist!
Touch Starved
C20

Post by Touch Starved »

Namahs wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:00 pm
Good album. Saw them once in Turku 10+ years ago. There was Haust, The Kandidate, Gaza and Rotten Sound playing. To me Gaza was easily the best for that night.
No way! Rotten Sound’s guitarist used to play in the same rehearsal space as I do, he had a poster of this exact tour on the wall of the space and that’s how I found out about Gaza hahah
Touch Starved
C20

Post by Touch Starved »

htp_systems wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:02 pm
Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm Admiral Angry - Buster
This album fucking whips. I should jam it again soon. Great playlist!
Hell yeah! They’re definitely too underrated, Black Sheep Wall is also great (especially their first album), they have/had some of the same members that are in AA
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:05 pm
Namahs wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:00 pm
No way! Rotten Sound’s guitarist used to play in the same rehearsal space as I do, he had a poster of this exact tour on the wall of the space and that’s how I found out about Gaza hahah
Haha awesome!
M3nTl_Re5trnt_
Sound Art

Post by M3nTl_Re5trnt_ »

Threw on that Laureate-Eurekaphilia LP and it made me realize how the pandemic rendered time an illusion....it only was released two years ago! Incredible listen by the former midwestern legend.

Junta Cadre's wealth of recent material has also kept me in check.
rinco
Blank Tape

Post by rinco »

Mortal Vision - Nacht Musik cs (G.R.O.S.S., 1992)
Hearing this cassette for the first time today and I’m taken with the guitar improv in a practice space feeling of it. Nacht Musik seems to be one of the less sought after G.R.O.S.S. missives and I suppose perhaps the looseness is why. It’s well worth tracking down and checking out on tape or vinyl, however - frankly a joy to sit and listen to Hiroshi Hasegawa make guitar decisions and manipulate the rather restricted surrounding environment. Repeat-heavy echo effect plus the live microphone in the mix add up to a lumbering momentum which along with the title evokes the adventurous New York jazz/experimental music spaces of old. A tiny stage, white hot spotlight, an audience of silhouettes and small tables hung with cigarette smoke. Maybe a few Maxell men getting blown away in the front row. This sort of club still exists in Japan, I believe.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Macronympha & Mlehst - Macrosonic (2022, Input Error, CD)

Blinding job done by Input Error of reissuing this fantastic release the way these things should be done - affordably and looking/sounding on point.

This is everything you want a collab like this to be. Shared source materials remixed, ripped up and rejigged by Brentnall/Roemer. Rough and wrong prime Macro style noises and cut ups fucked to bits and elevated to a different level of pace and dynamism by the Mlehst processing and arrangement touch. Despite being extremely well composed and full of twists/turns there is something about this which is so simple. Perhaps because it really does sound like Macronympha and Mlehst from the second you turn it on. It's executed so nicely that I could almost get emotional about it. Just hugely enjoyable. Do not fuck about if you don't have this, it's well stocked and deserves to be in homes.
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

guilty connector: beats, noise and life

one of the albums that got me into noise, had forgotten about it completely but i ran into them as i was adventuring on discogs and had to put it on. still great, definitely worth more revisits.
no gods no masters no gender no music
what's the point records kadotus records art
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz and chaotic hardcore/ mathcore lately, here’s what I’ve been spinning today:
lots of good stuff there but man i really hate the therm skramz. though i hate every other term for that kind of music as much. love the music though! gotta check that admiral angry album at some point, seems very cool.
no gods no masters no gender no music
what's the point records kadotus records art
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Barstool Mountain - Birth Canal CS (New Forces, 2022)

On first listen it's maybe the most straightforward (or at least "accessible") of the current triad, but I was packing orders and couldn't give it my fullest attention. Needless to say it's another good one that I will be revisiting soon.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
consumer
C20

Post by consumer »

Brighter Death Now – All Too Bad - Bad To All
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Dachise / Dave Gilden - Split 7” (New Noise)

Gilden requires no introduction, so I’ll focus on the work of the criminally-underrated Dachise. Off-kilter electronic sputtering, rhythmic miscalculations, and the occasional cavernous vocal. A bona fide hit.
Attachments
A99A5204-9EE7-4EEE-AA1C-4450AA039FBD.jpeg
A99A5204-9EE7-4EEE-AA1C-4450AA039FBD.jpeg (88.86 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

raato wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:23 pm
Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz and chaotic hardcore/ mathcore lately, here’s what I’ve been spinning today:
lots of good stuff there but man i really hate the therm skramz. though i hate every other term for that kind of music as much. love the music though! gotta check that admiral angry album at some point, seems very cool.
Yeah, I knew the guy who created it... it was entirely intended to make fun of people who he thought were elitists about the genre. Which I mean, yeah, he accomplished that and is still getting a laugh out of it, but it was kind of a dick move. Now whenever someone tries to talk about screamo and they want people to understand that they're referring to the Gravity Records/31G/etc scene, rather than bands like The Used, Thursday, or My Chemical Romance, they sound like a total dumbass. It's kind of kneecapped the attempt at a revival of it in the USA, which is a real shame. And I'm saying that as someone who only listens to maybe three bands like that any longer.

Btw to whoever said the Locust are great live, I wish they were the one time I saw them. They were absolutely lifeless and didn't care at all about what they were doing. They totally phoned it in. You could also easily talk over the set. Some people in the room didn't even realize they were playing (partly due to where the stage was). This was back in 2002. It didn't ruin them for me, but it sure was disappointing... :\