Now Playing

Primary noise discussion.
Remi
Thrashmaster

Re: Now Playing

Post by Remi »

Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz

Daitro - Laisser Vivre les Squelettes
Amazing French skramz / post rock
Please don't call them "skramz" (nor post-rock? Or post-anything?) , they were the complete opposite of what that term represents and just a punk band with a mix of influences far broader than the average screamo band. They were part of the Lyon city DIY punk scene, among which I have many friends who are still around today. Actually, one of my bandmates works with Julien from Daitro. And I'm currently wearing my Daitro t-shirt of the same album you mentioned that I bought like 15 years ago? That's funny.

If you like "Laissez Vivre Les Squelettes", check out the link I'm posting. It's more noise and less emo, but had a very strong musical influence on the band from that album onwards. I remember Julien emailing me years ago to ask me where he could get their records (way before Bandcamp) because they were a local band with no distribution and that nobody cared about outside of the area.

https://bidehuts.bandcamp.com/album/egun-bat-nonahi

As for my recent playlist :

Some MOT, IDLER and SPRING OF LIFE tapes I recently got (all amazing), a MAGNETIC CORONER tape (I should give the project more attention) and a PO.NO(I).ZA tape which is absolutely crazy tape noise. My girlfriend called me as I was listening to it and asked me if the washing machine was on. It was the PO.NO(I).ZA tape and you know that if it sounds like a washing machine through a telephone, it must be good.
Touch Starved
Contact Mic

Post by Touch Starved »

raato wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:23 pm
Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz and chaotic hardcore/ mathcore lately, here’s what I’ve been spinning today:
lots of good stuff there but man i really hate the therm skramz.
hahah same here, i hate using it but calling it screamo is a certified way to get misinterpreted
Touch Starved
Contact Mic

Post by Touch Starved »

Remi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:10 am
Touch Starved wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:56 pm I’ve been listening to a lot of skramz

Daitro - Laisser Vivre les Squelettes
Amazing French skramz / post rock
they were the complete opposite of what that term represents and just a punk band with a mix of influences far broader than the average screamo band.
I totally agree and didn’t mean to put any bands into a single category, was just trying to give an idea of what to expect if someone had never heard of these bands ✌️Thanks for the suggestion! I’m gonna check that out ASAP
_IS_
Contact Mic

Post by _IS_ »

Finally got around to order the Mania tapes from Tommy. Great dubs indeed as everyone has been saying. No pictures of the tapes, everyone knows what they look like anyways, but instead here's pics of his fitting choice of wrappings.
Mania1.jpg
Mania1.jpg (58.57 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Mania3.jpg
Mania3.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Hospital Productions VA - Worldwide DIY Underground
I really love this tape; tracks from Ames Sanglantes, Autoerotichrist, and Hermit. Powerful showings by all; this was a particularly good time for A.S. when you think about the run of Corruption Control Power Politic to this; massive noise but with these rhythmic PE/industrial undercurrents. Everyone is great on here tho and always stoked to hear new Hermit. Also the Jcard/insert is printed really nice!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
concrète

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Just ate dum aloo while listening to Scant. Still listening to him, have Isolationist on right now. One of my absolute favorites of his stuff.
+Body and Blood Recordings+
http://bodyandblood.bandcamp.com
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

Remi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:10 ama MAGNETIC CORONER tape (I should give the project more attention)
as should most people imo. i think the project doesn't get enough love from people!
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

MaldororEstMort wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:20 pm
Remi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:10 ama MAGNETIC CORONER tape (I should give the project more attention)
as should most people imo. i think the project doesn't get enough love from people!
I agree, especially since it's very much the kind of noise I enjoy the best. But it's hard to grab copies of his releases in Europe so...
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

THE RÄTY tape - 1/2 of the New Boyfriends' take on You-Know-Who's kind of noise.

HÄNGD "Intimt" tape - Swedish PE. Does the job.

DACHISE/OUTERMOST split tape - 90's noise with weird 90's digital sounds or chirping machines.

INVADER FROM MARS "Scum Drive" tape - Kei Yokota's take on Jeph Jerman's kind of stuff?

HOMOFOBIA "Fuck Homophobia tape - classic 90's Finnish noisecore.

URALL" Facing The Ground Instead" tape - Amazing ambiant tape noise ?

Image Image
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Remi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:01 pm URALL" Facing The Ground Instead" tape - Amazing ambiant tape noise ?
The whole WCN batch this was a part of is a total winner. One of the most satisfying drops of tapes in a while.

And as for Magnetic Coroner I spent a lot of time with Keeping in Touch recently, maybe my favourite of Weston’s to date. Very crude.

NP: Sewer Election - Vidöppna Sår
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:06 pm
Remi wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:01 pm URALL" Facing The Ground Instead" tape - Amazing ambiant tape noise ?
The whole WCN batch this was a part of is a total winner. One of the most satisfying drops of tapes in a while.

And as for Magnetic Coroner I spent a lot of time with Keeping in Touch recently, maybe my favourite of Weston’s to date. Very crude.

NP: Sewer Election - Vidöppna Sår
I can't tell you what was in the batch to be honest, I just got the tape in a trade.

And I guess some kind of Magnetic Coroner collection CD of some sort would make sense now.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

Remi wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:25 am
I can't tell you what was in the batch to be honest, I just got the tape in a trade.
Primitive Isolation Tactics, me (under govt name), Jackson-Pratt, Urall, Presage… Forgetting anyone? Released on NYE 2020, right?
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

Capers wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:19 am

Primitive Isolation Tactics, me (under govt name), Jackson-Pratt, Urall, Presage… Forgetting anyone? Released on NYE 2020, right?
Oh yes, that must have been quite a sick batch indeed!
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

Cryptofascisme - La Mort Visible & La Mort Invisible
Private Archive - Coital Eel
ABC Diablo - Last Intoxication Of Senses
ABC Diablo - Give Rise To Doubts
theworldisawarfilm
C20

Post by theworldisawarfilm »

Lots of reading to catch up on today to make professor happy. So far...

John Wiese - Magnetic Stencil 1 & 3
Sewer Election - Psychic Panorama
Magnetic Coroner - Keeping in Touch
V/A - Tapeworks vol. II & X
Grant Evans - Albatross
Comus - First Utterance
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Capers wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:19 am

I think that was everything, yes, but oops- forgot I was in there and didn't mean to toot my own horn in saying how good the batch was.
Montreal, QC

Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

JOE COLLEY - Lonely Microphone LP (Senufo, 2012)
I often wonder what people make of noise, industrial and experimental in the cases where the artwork, titles and sounds don’t give any obvious hints or pointers? It’s something I rarely read about in reviews: besides being an ”icy cold drone” or ”a fuckin drill straight into the temple, man”, what else does the listener make of the sounds? Is all they ”see” sound waves, or do the sounds conjure sceneries, images, memories? Well, what happens?

With Joe Colley, especially later works, I often have the sensation of being subjected to some sort of test or experiment of elusive purpose. A series of rooms through which I’m being pushed, thrown and dropped. In each room my position and point of view is locked. All events and changes occur around me with mounting tension, then snap and a hatch opens. Next room. This scene-by-scene movement in turn has me thinking of point-and-click games of old, such as Deja Vu, Shadowgate and what have you, where you alsomove between rooms, all in which you are faced with some sort of dilemma and is left to figure a way out by very non-obvious means. Or old text based RPG MUD games, for that matter. Or Zork. I’m rambling, sorry.
Lonely Microhone is not the worst/best example of this spine-tingling torture of his, but there’s enough of it to leave me exhausted. That, and just plain sonic beauty. Looking. Forward to the LP on Total Black!

Another artist whos works have a similar effect on me is G*Park, especially after Reuters, who seems hellbent on tying up listeners, blindfolded, to poles and test their nerves by hauling rocks and swarms of wasps millimeters away from their ears at irregular moments. Really need to revisit Sub, which I feel rather alone to call my favorite of his.
parasitenurse
C20

Post by parasitenurse »

iron lung - life. iron lung. death.
weird, noisy powerviolence. some instant classics on this one. lots of crossed out riffs mixed in with dissonant chords and mid-tempo blastbeats.

jason crumer - ruth
ive heard so much about this release and finally got my hands on a copy today and ive gotta say it truly lived up to the hype. maybe a perfect release? just ripping from start to finish.

kazumoto endo/boar split
two cut up greats on 12”. showcasing two different takes on the style. its exactly what youve come to expect from the both of them and more.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

parasitenurse wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:55 pm iron lung - life. iron lung. death.
weird, noisy powerviolence. some instant classics on this one. lots of crossed out riffs mixed in with dissonant chords and mid-tempo blastbeats.
Best band and great album though I prefer everything that came after. I think I've seen them more times than any other band/project.
Montreal, QC

Joie de la Blumpy
Maniacs Only

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

The Rita / Filthy Turd – Kill The Women Rape The Men
Inspired by my not-terribly-abashed post in the review thread to whip out some 'Turd-blessed Rita. The latter out the gate with some heavily overbearing tonage, cycling through a dialogic series of never-really-settled waves, clench-sphincted particles trading clawed 'n ragged wave-breakage with more studied 'n burled fuzz-bulgeries. By the way, the fish-woman has her finger in your arse-hole. Just thought you should know. El 'Turd delivers a nicely separated series of slow-burnt deviations, never particularly excitable, taking their sweet old time feeding layer after layer into barest hints of redzone screechage, escalating to semi-curdled boil, then glazed in low-key, proto-militant, flatulation.
Attachments
CIMG9033.JPG
CIMG9033.JPG (29.22 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
adult human
Maniacs Only

Post by adult human »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:41 am The Rita / Filthy Turd – Kill The Women Rape The Men
Inspired by my not-terribly-abashed post in the review thread to whip out some 'Turd-blessed Rita. The latter out the gate with some heavily overbearing tonage, cycling through a dialogic series of never-really-settled waves, clench-sphincted particles trading clawed 'n ragged wave-breakage with more studied 'n burled fuzz-bulgeries. By the way, the fish-woman has her finger in your arse-hole. Just thought you should know. El 'Turd delivers a nicely separated series of slow-burnt deviations, never particularly excitable, taking their sweet old time feeding layer after layer into barest hints of redzone screechage, escalating to semi-curdled boil, then glazed in low-key, proto-militant, flatulation.
Yes!! This was an early grab in my Noise buying ‘career’ and I will always love it.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Full of hell - garden Of Burning Apparitions
Touch Starved - A satyr And The Sinner
Full Of Hell - FOH Noise Vol 5
The New Boyfriends - S/T
Full Of Hell - Roots Of Earth Are Consuming My Home
Aprapat/Scrap Furnace - Split
Virhe - Demo
Virhe - S/T
Death Basket - C30 Demo
Death Basket - S/T
Death Basket/Meth Gator - split
Death Basket/Tunkio - Split
Death Basket - Demo 2020
Lucubration - Aspiration Of Corrupted Ancient Blood
Norman Bates Blues Band - Mental Machine Noise
Junkyard Shaman - Junk Loops For An Amplified Typewriter
Junkyard Shaman - Junk Loops 2
Junkyard Shaman - Junk Magic
Last edited by Namahs on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

parasitenurse wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:55 pm iron lung - life. iron lung. death.
I remember going to see them live many years ago as they were touring the UK with Municipal Waste. The venue was packed with kids who came for Municipal Waste (the headlining band, but I came for Iron Lung in the first place.)
Obviously, Iron Lung killed it (and actually covered Crossed Out. "The only good human... [chaos ensues]) but observing the kids as they watched Iron Lung' set was quite hilarious." I can't 2-step to that stuff! "," the songs are too short!", "I can't hear the bass! ", etc. Hopefully those kids got into Despise You, Crossed Out and No Comment later.

As for myself, I've just been listening to Slayer, Morbid Angel and Nocturnus since yesterday.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
concrète

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Saw Iron Lung in the early '10s and the car I rode down there in was hotboxing so hard that I was stoned out of my mind when we got there. Wanted to get a push-pit started, but I couldn't move enough to, lol. That part was not fun.

Anyhow, never saw a drummer hit so hard in my life...
+Body and Blood Recordings+
http://bodyandblood.bandcamp.com
ASN
Contact Mic

Post by ASN »

Masonna - Frequency LSD
Masonna - Ejaculation Generator
Hatred Surge - Human Overdose and Deconstruct four track demos
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans
Tho-so-aa - Sleeping Explorer