Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Re: Now Playing

Post by Capers »

ZONE NORD - LP (1993)
Burnt dry and drained of oxygen. A brain left in an ungreased frying pan at full heat. Superb.

Earlier today:

V/A - Fornnordiska Klanger: The Sounds Of Prehistoric Scandinavia LP (Musica Sveciae, 1987)
Semi-academic but far from boring presentation of prehistoric Scandinavian instruments. Bull-roarers, flutes, bones, singing stones, entire tombs(!) etc. Some marvellously beautiful sounds here, as well as some goofy ones.

EXPOSE YOUR EYES & HOWARD STELZER - One Should Neber Cease Considering Human Love… CD (Oxidation, 2021)
Played while messing with my daughter, so focus wasn’t 100%, but a rather massive thing. Gigantic drone. Needs some nighttime play, this one.
Attachments
ECD321A1-13BE-4A43-AAD3-B71739019B3F.jpeg
ECD321A1-13BE-4A43-AAD3-B71739019B3F.jpeg (50.81 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Tonights/this nights playlist:

Testicle Hazard - Kiki & Kastor.
Lovely names. Probably names of the cats? Pure electronics, I think. Nothing musical, I rest my case. All over the place. More noise should be about pets. Maybe I'll visit Veli-Matti O Äijäläs albums next... Everything for "animals" (elukoille......)

Veli-Matti O Äijälä - Keskellä ei mitään
Ambient/noise by the vocalist of Terveet Kädet. Best there is. Released to celebrate his 60th birthday, I think. Meaning: in the middle of nowhere. Here we are. Starting vey silently, a long slow half-hour journey. No rush, just patience. Master of minimalistic electronics. Some metal objects. Tracks: gorge, rust and surface. As he said it, dogs are heavy, cats are ambient. Karkia Mistika Records 2018 LÄJÄ-60

Kali Ensemble - s/t
Excellent cd from 2011 released by Phage Tapes and Turgid Animal. Collaboration between Umpios Pentti Dassum and Michael Page (don't really have any idea who he is.) Two tracks, each one is 33 minutes and 33 seconds long. Death industrial? Feels like it, though it isn't. Drowning in reverb drone. Floating junk abuse. Intense lurking madness. Electronics here and there sometimes reminds me of the works of M.B. I think this deserves more praise, I fucking love this. Discogs says the edition is of 500 copies, so it's probably never going to be sold out, don't know about the reality.

Diamanda Galas - Litanies of Satan
Oh well, goodnight.
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Did not sleep, listened to
Atrax Morgue - Paranoia
Sonic Youth - Evol
Nuori Veri - Kadonnut Maailmankuva
Einsturzende Neubauten - Strategies Against Architecture '80–'83
[Ówt Krì] : The New Seed

next probably Tom Waitses Bone Machine if I find it. Or Flesh Hole by Junkyard Shaman. or or
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

D345 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:03 am Did not sleep, listened to
Atrax Morgue - Paranoia
Sonic Youth - Evol
Nuori Veri - Kadonnut Maailmankuva
Einsturzende Neubauten - Strategies Against Architecture '80–'83
[Ówt Krì] : The New Seed

next probably Tom Waitses Bone Machine if I find it. Or Flesh Hole by Junkyard Shaman. or or
Tom Waits and Junkyard Shaman both excellent options.
theworldisawarfilm
C20

Post by theworldisawarfilm »

Aaron Dilloway, Robert Turman & John Wiese - Electronic Extension I

Absolutely stellar work here. Have not been able to stop playing it for weeks now.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Pumped on this Vivian - Abduction Plot release by Cruel Symphonies
Attachments
0F493AD7-7F5E-4871-B4A7-CF87E1973125.jpeg
0F493AD7-7F5E-4871-B4A7-CF87E1973125.jpeg (73.42 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
XXX
C20

Post by XXX »

just got in the repress of texas chainsaw dopefiend & it sounds great. kudos to all involved for bringing back a stone cold classick.
Last edited by XXX on Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troniks
Contact Mic

Post by troniks »

D345 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:51 pm
Lovely names. Probably names of the cats? Pure electronics, I think. Nothing musical, I rest my case. All over the place. More noise should be about pets. Maybe I'll visit Veli-Matti O Äijäläs albums next... Everything for "animals" (elukoille......)
Yes, the cats on the cover are indeed Kiki & Kastor, Tommi Keränen's feline friends. If you're looking for more cat content featuring these two, I highly recommend following Tommi on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tommioffinlandofficial/

I must have received two messages each from every user on the board telling me to sign up but Testicle Hazard questions have taken me from longtime lurker to first-time poster. Speaking of Testicle Hazard, Jackass Forever features more male nudity than any other mainstream Hollywood film ever. It's a real crowd-pleaser!

But back on the noise front, I also just received the Gilden disc from Monorail Trespassing and am currently blasting.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

troniks wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:08 pm
D345 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:51 pm
Yes, the cats on the cover are indeed Kiki & Kastor, Tommi Keränen's feline friends. If you're looking for more cat content featuring these two, I highly recommend following Tommi on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tommioffinlandofficial/

I must have received two messages each from every user on the board telling me to sign up but Testicle Hazard questions have taken me from longtime lurker to first-time poster. Speaking of Testicle Hazard, Jackass Forever features more male nudity than any other mainstream Hollywood film ever. It's a real crowd-pleaser!

But back on the noise front, I also just received the Gilden disc from Monorail Trespassing and am currently blasting.
Lovely that your first post here is about this important matter. I have heard that Läjä Äijäläs instagram too is mainly cat pictures, and occasional gas masks. Don't really know, I don't use instagram.

Parthenon_23
Contact Mic

Post by Parthenon_23 »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:50 am Incapacitants - Gody Fishing
Oh my fucking goodness. This is. Well. I've gone on and on, and on. And will forever go, on. About the opening track on the disc from which this track is taken. That one (the opening track, not here to be named) is fire till the fires come home. It is. It is everything I have needed slash do ever need slash will ever need in a noise, as such. Cuz see, here's the thing. [Rant up!]

What did Incaps deliver? Like what did they ever fucking deliver? Well, and I will argue this till the fires fire home, what they did deliver or have delivered and or possibly continue to deliver is this. Noise for the soundpervs. The auricular-ily obsessed. The audiophiles. That there, is the great Incaps contribution. Delivering perv-vection of harsh in the disguise of shit you can play for your gramma. Nicely balanced and audiophiliphically tight. Well, possibly if not necessarily nor actually, but, like, poetically. Big on the poetically, here.

But just for fun. Let's just, like, fuck all that poetry. With a ten foot poetry-fucking thing. And repeat. Gody Fishing. Gody

Fucking

Fishing.

This is just. The flattened, harshed-till-you puke, perv-vection. Repeat. Perv. Vection. The "fuck all that audio philic bullshit, that nicely balanced sound spectrum of earhole abrasion, that..."

"Let's just, like, fucking, annihilate the ability to hear. Let's do that. And do it well."

Gody Fishing motherfucker.
It's a very Incaps review. I appreciate it...I'm gone fishin' for Gody Fishing (pray I don't catch a God!)
BrachliegenTapes
C20

Post by BrachliegenTapes »

God is War - World Music Volume 1
God is War - Apex
Himukalt - Between My Teeth
Klara Lewis & Peder Mannerfelt - KLMNOPQ EP

and on the non-noise front, new Big Thief getting quite a few spins.
Tillinhaistelija
Blank Tape

Post by Tillinhaistelija »

D345 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:51 pm Testicle Hazard - Kiki & Kastor.
As Mr Troniks already noted, they are our dear cats! Actually the CD was originally planned to have a different cover and title but the intended artwork didn't work out in the CD size that well. Eventually Lasse proposed we'd do a cat CD, and obviously I didn't have much against the idea.

Non-noise now playing: Joe McPhee "Rotation" LP
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Melting Plastic Head Core - "My Sweet Memory"
Crack Fierce and Mo*te collaboration. Wild stuff! A side starts with heavy drones build to filthy sounding harsh tones. Something like vocals sprinkled throughout....whole thing feels like it's pushing into the red the entire time. B side is a panning slow burn building to a wild crescendo. Something like a respirator, distant crying children, "hospital ambience"...slow build, big payoff. Credits list each artist as "performing" source material from the other. Long pieces from each (C64 length). Thanks to Industrial Recollections for making this material available. Love the packaging on the original though, melted down baby doll head plastered to a tape box.
Buried_slag_debris
C20

Post by Buried_slag_debris »

Recent listening.

Duncan Harrison – fires.serif. CS (Regional bears)
Tourette – Échancré CD (Flag Day Recordings)
Various ‎– Underground Canada CS RE (Mother Savage Noise Productions)
Asmus Tietchens – Recycled Music CS (RRRecords)

Also revisited the Kusa'i LP by Sshe Retina Stimulants (Influencing Machine Reissue). Been putting this on often over the year. Think this is my favourite Sshe Retina Stimulants that I have heard. Very layered, steady moving - with high pitched frequencies seeping in - bit of a drone feel at times.
Attachments
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG (134.92 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG (57.77 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG (109.06 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Junkyard Shaman - Dada Bones
Miles Davis - Jazz At The Plaza
Parliament - Mothership Connection
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Jammed Robochanman - Japanese Corruption on the bus just now and it was the perfect accompaniment to the boring journey. Love RCM's no nonsense, no fucking about approach to noise and would love to see a few of these oldies reissued.

https://youtu.be/ORhmxql0R9w
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

A polar opposite combo but it’s good
Attachments
3FF38743-19BF-4E28-9B5F-8C108B7D744A.jpeg
3FF38743-19BF-4E28-9B5F-8C108B7D744A.jpeg (86.08 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

adult human wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:15 pm Jammed Robochanman - Japanese Corruption on the bus just now and it was the perfect accompaniment to the boring journey. Love RCM's no nonsense, no fucking about approach to noise and would love to see a few of these oldies reissued.
Yes! Would love to see Robochanman reissues myself. But is he still alive, or have I just imagined that he passed years ago?
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Capers wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:55 pm
adult human wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:15 pm Jammed Robochanman - Japanese Corruption on the bus just now and it was the perfect accompaniment to the boring journey. Love RCM's no nonsense, no fucking about approach to noise and would love to see a few of these oldies reissued.
Yes! Would love to see Robochanman reissues myself. But is he still alive, or have I just imagined that he passed years ago?
How long ago would that be in your mind if so? I noted that this live video tantalisingly lists him among the other performers that evening (2013) but I can't find any evidence https://youtu.be/NNSEcBtoMPY
Kenny
Hard Panning

Post by Kenny »

Capers wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:55 pm
yep, he`s still alive...occasionally makes it out to shows in Tokyo. Haven`t seen him live in a while though, last time was a few years back, he was doing a one-man noise/grind drum thing.
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

The Body & OAA ‐ Enemy Of Love
Acme - To Reduce The Choir To One Soloist
Fleshlicker - Blackened Ribcage Aviary
Skuul - New Amerika
Tarkamt
Contact Mic

Post by Tarkamt »

Early morning listening:
C.C.C.C - Gnosis
Kleistwahr - Music for Zeitgeist Fighters
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

Ahnenkult - Beichtstuhlpropaganda
Don't know much about this project, just happened to come across and later in possession of this tape. Raw 90s Industrial/PE, pretty minimal but done right.

Graustich - Morality Ends
One of the best contemporary PE releases imo. Tracks feel cold and calculated while still hitting quite hard, honing an approach that is totally its own and not in line with anything currently going on rn. Really into the 7" done for Total Black as well, still need to get the latest one. Hope there's another LP coming soon.
Chris
Contact Mic

Post by Chris »

sunandsteel wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:47 am Graustich - Morality Ends
One of the best contemporary PE releases imo. Tracks feel cold and calculated while still hitting quite hard, honing an approach that is totally its own and not in line with anything currently going on rn. Really into the 7" done for Total Black as well, still need to get the latest one. Hope there's another LP coming soon.
Good reminder to listen to this one again. The restrained approach to these recordings is effective and ugly.

Now Playing: Worth/A Fail Association - In Deeper (Dada Drumming)

Two of the best active projects on one of the best labels around.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Magrudergrind - s/t
Fluoride - s/t
Fluoride - Disentanglement
Napalm Death - The Earache Peel Session
Miles Davis - Live At Philarmonic Hall '73