Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
XXX
C20

Re: Now Playing

Post by XXX »

blasting the last three tapes from the final solution - this way series. glad to see them all together, but now thinking might need to make a sturdy slipcase for these.
Eighth Pillar
Contact Mic

Post by Eighth Pillar »

/
Last edited by Eighth Pillar on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXX
C20

Post by XXX »

been working my way through the stahlwerk 9 bandcamp & happy to see most releases for criminally cheap! highly recommend picking up the 212 box set for a mere €0.50!
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

HOUR HOUSE - Chiltern LP (Penultimate Press, 2015)
Bought on a whim from Millstone Vinyl (the best place for on-the-whim purchases, with its thorough and honest descriptions of almost every item), and I’m glad I did. The amazing cover painting depicts a strange and wild landscape of sorts. A scenic view into I’m not sure what. And the sounds reflect this. The write-up on Millstone mentions Small Cruel Party, and I can definitely hear that, at times. But there’s so much more. Add the misty feel of later Arv & Miljö and the overall air of the old compilation Undying (Freedom In A Vacuum, 1989), that’s my short-falling take. Warm synths, loops, organ, vocals, spoken parts, field recordings, junk, … all covered in mountain morning fog. There’s a moment or MAYBE two when I feel a detail or layer could have been laid aside, but still, a wonderful and, ehrm, strangely cozy album. Strongest track is ”Magenta Mine” with it’s panting harmonies and mumbled lyrics. Goosebumps!

DAHLIAS - Wish C32 (Robert Fuchs, 2021)
Been on repeat the last few days after breakfast. Just restless raw ripping free-flowing hard idiot noise, warts n all. I love how it sounds like it was recorded in the red straight from the mixer into the tiniest kitchen radio: lots of mids and semi-high screech, toy-sized blowtorch blasts and warped signals. A wisp of someone’s unwashed hair in the zipbag too. So yeah, the cute design, the enthusiastic caveman noise and the hair, almost comes across as a love letter from some lunatic to the local librarian or whatever, doesn’t it? A winner!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Eighth Pillar wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:59 pm Got the day off work.
Nice to see that Flatline Construct tape getting some love. Still one of my personal favourites on AE.

The only noise I've been listening to this week has been masters for upcoming label releases. Otherwise it's been a lot of the Meat Puppets, Neil Young, and (at present) Brainbombs.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
MaldororEstMort
C20

Post by MaldororEstMort »

what i have lined-up for this weekend:

Spiteful Womb - Postpenitent
FFH - Zyklon and Leather
Femeheim - Endeinkehr
No Nation - Cerebrophobia
Moonbeam Terror - Coercive Control
Moonbeam Terror - Self Enucleation
Cockfodder - Baptism
Pissoir Rouge - II
Pissoir Rouge - III
Pissoir Rouge - Asphyxia Apotheose
Scatmother & Pissoir Rouge - Hentai Femdom Aktionismus
Whiteboard Maverick
Contact Mic

Post by Whiteboard Maverick »

Seymour Glass & Ali Robertson Donut Oil (Chocolate Monk 2021)
The whole thing is prime greasy scatter, but the centrepiece is clearly 'Pilgrimage To Fud Mecca'.

Heat Signature Altered States of Warfare (Found Remains 2020)
Very tasty contemporary North American wipeout drawing from MSNP stream, but more distilled. Visuals remind me of Carlos Ezquerra!
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Whiteboard Maverick wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:30 pm Seymour Glass & Ali Robertson Donut Oil (Chocolate Monk 2021)
The whole thing is prime greasy scatter, but the centrepiece is clearly 'Pilgrimage To Fud Mecca'.
Yes! I have this but may not have ever listened to it. Remember nothing about it if I did so today will be the day.
Whiteboard Maverick
Contact Mic

Post by Whiteboard Maverick »

adult human wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:54 am
Whiteboard Maverick wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:30 pm Seymour Glass & Ali Robertson Donut Oil (Chocolate Monk 2021)
Yes! I have this but may not have ever listened to it. Remember nothing about it if I did so today will be the day.
Ah man It's so great! I put together a playlist of recent Monk action for a drive down the coast to visit Samaan in January, and this was a definite highlight. As a result I'm now pretty interested trying the salads at Dunkin' Donuts - the closest thing in Australia is Donut King, a spartan donuts, hot dog, and milkshake operation.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Whiteboard Maverick wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:40 am
adult human wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:54 am
Ah man It's so great! I put together a playlist of recent Monk action for a drive down the coast to visit Samaan in January, and this was a definite highlight. As a result I'm now pretty interested trying the salads at Dunkin' Donuts - the closest thing in Australia is Donut King, a spartan donuts, hot dog, and milkshake operation.
Yeah, I did this today and it was fucking fantastic. I too now wonder quite a bit about the Shamokin branch Dunkin' Donuts though, in an album filled with spoken references to names I know quite well, the continued 'DUNKIN' thing threw me often. Can you guess what some bright sparks have thought would be a hilarious nickname for me throughout my life? But even so, filled with incredible little subtleties. I think the way S Glass's (beautiful) voice only shows up once is quite a masterstroke. It made me want to hang out with everyone in a shit chain eatery so job done. While we're talking about it, I was quite staggered to learn a couple of years ago about the 'box o coffee'; a giant lung of the dark stuff encased in a brown box. The type of thing you bring to work once a quarter for the team if you're a manager who knows for a fact that the business will be bankrupt in a year or two and you will receive a big severance payment. 60 cups. Do you have that at Donut King? you'd never in a million years get something of that scale in the UK and I think most of all it represents our lack of ambition.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Digging the 3” CD-Rs from Inner Demons. Lyke Wake is fucking fantastic, glad to see a collab with Praying For Oblivion.
Attachments
7C380F64-3A32-4B81-88F7-DE5B18D258CF.jpeg
7C380F64-3A32-4B81-88F7-DE5B18D258CF.jpeg (105.71 KiB) Viewed 2965 times
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

Prurient - Annihilationist
Occupies a pretty distinct place in his discography as well being perhaps my favorite Prurient release. Minimalist, yet dense archaic textured drones. Like most of his work, the titles and artwork really elevates the whole.

Zyklon SS - Iron Division
Imo the best contemporary PE/Heavy Electronics release. All around powerful delivery executed masterfully. Every detail comes together very well - whether it's the samples, synths, subtle metal abuse, or vocals. Very memorable. "Bring back the camps".
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

sunandsteel wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:33 am Zyklon SS - Iron Division
Imo the best contemporary PE/Heavy Electronics release. All around powerful delivery executed masterfully. Every detail comes together very well - whether it's the samples, synths, subtle metal abuse, or vocals. Very memorable. "Bring back the camps".
One of my favorites too, but I think he improved the synth-focused ZSS approach on Racial Superiority and "Moral War."
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

SS1535 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:52 am
One of my favorites too, but I think he improved the synth-focused ZSS approach on Racial Superiority and "Moral War."
I think both those later releases are great as well. Racial Superiority feels more subdued and nuanced in terms of the synth work. If I have to choose, I still prefer Iron Division, it just nails it down. Really packs a punch the way that style ought to.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Wild deal on this Oscillating Innards CD today…
Attachments
BB381225-5894-497E-9FC7-75E0A33A17A9.jpeg
BB381225-5894-497E-9FC7-75E0A33A17A9.jpeg (106.45 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

sunandsteel wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm
I think both those later releases are great as well. Racial Superiority feels more subdued and nuanced in terms of the synth work. If I have to choose, I still prefer Iron Division, it just nails it down. Really packs a punch the way that style ought to.
Any thoughts on the live albums? They strike a nice balance between the synth work and raw brutality.
sunandsteel
Contact Mic

Post by sunandsteel »

SS1535 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:18 pm

Any thoughts on the live albums? They strike a nice balance between the synth work and raw brutality.
The live stuff is excellent and actually worth purchasing. Klandestine Aktion is probably the one I like the most. Also witnessing ZSS live, it really does live up to the expectations.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

sunandsteel wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:17 am
SS1535 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:18 pm

The live stuff is excellent and actually worth purchasing. Klandestine Aktion is probably the one I like the most. Also witnessing ZSS live, it really does live up to the expectations.
I never heard Klandestine Action, only Spectacle of the Triumph and some of the new cassettes. I will need to see if I can find a copy sometime, or otherwise wait and cross my fingers for someone to upload it online!
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Big box in from our noise overlord at S&W:

Sewer Election - Psychic Panorama - this is EXCELLENT synth works! Really enjoying it.

That’s it! I just got home. Got a lot of stuff to wade through….
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

holy ghost wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:24 pm Big box in from our noise overlord at S&W:

Sewer Election - Psychic Panorama - this is EXCELLENT synth works! Really enjoying it.

That’s it! I just got home. Got a lot of stuff to wade through….
Enjoy! Thanks for gripping the big haul.

Blood Axis - Born Again
Current 93 - Swastikas for Noddy, Thunder Perfect Mind
Of the Wand and the Moon - Midnight Will
Prurient & Hanged Mans Orgasm - Unknowns
Skin Crime - Traveller On the Road
Swans - The Great Annihilator, Public Castration is a Good Idea, White Light From the Mouth of Infinity
Tangerine Dream - Thief OST
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Last night: Atrax Morgue - "Close to a Corpse" cd #2
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Big City Orchestra - Long Term Stimulation

Released via SSS Productions in 1988. Starts off with the clatter of household objects, or “kitchen noise” as I’d like to dub it, accompanied by Dadaist vocals. Soon takes off into an apocalyptic flight of swirling psychedelia, flange-layered drum machines, and tape manipulations galore.

Diode Snorter - Noise Goon

Released via Daint Recordings, 2020. I got this in a trade today from one Chris Reierson. Absolutely face-wiping noise, contact mic and loose cable abstractions. My description is generic, but this tape is anything but. Highly recommended.

Gimisum Family - Gimisum Dungeon

Reissued via Trill Hill Tapes, 2021. Memphis rap with an off-kilter bent, seamlessly blending horror movie collages, 8-bit beats, and soul workouts.
Attachments
36102A85-65A1-4B7B-9FAE-1719410F5B3D.jpeg
36102A85-65A1-4B7B-9FAE-1719410F5B3D.jpeg (146.1 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Other (digital) listens this week…

Maeror Tri - Fragilitas
Ken Clinger - KCM.00 - 04
Mark Hanley - Sacrifice
Biota - Object Holder
Agog - Putting Legs On A Snake
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

I never manage to post in these threads when I am actually listening, only after the fact. Most recent for me, though: Throbbing Gristle - "Journey Through a Body" I purchased this last month, and it was the first TG album that I really listened to. I think I enjoy it more every time I put it on.
sinkhole
Contact Mic

Post by sinkhole »

Recent heavy rotation:
Spring of Life - Spring of Life
Dahlias - Wish
Ryan Bloomer - In Response To A Threat
Chop Shop - Primer