Soundtracks & background musics

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Re: Soundtracks & background musics

Post by Scream & Writhe »

T.D. wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:32 pm Jane Arden & Jack Bond Anti-Clock (first time pressing came out last year of this soundtrack to a late 70s nonlinear/fever-dreamish psychodrama, cool record though the film is underwhelming IMO).
I agree on the film being underwhelming. I watched it last year and it felt like it wanted to be an Alain Robbe-Grillet picture but failed to get there.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
T.D.
Contact Mic

Post by T.D. »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:58 pm
T.D. wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:32 pm Jane Arden & Jack Bond Anti-Clock (first time pressing came out last year of this soundtrack to a late 70s nonlinear/fever-dreamish psychodrama, cool record though the film is underwhelming IMO).
I agree on the film being underwhelming. I watched it last year and it felt like it wanted to be an Alain Robbe-Grillet picture but failed to get there.
Exactly. A lot of stylishly arranged shots/sequences, it often looks very good and works in small doses, but never really adds up to anything. I'm all for messing/dispensing with narrative but something about the way this was put together felt extremely flat.
leuksi
Hard Panning

Post by leuksi »

I've really liked Nick Cave's & Warren Ellis' soundtracks, especially on The Road.
+hp+
Hard Panning

Post by +hp+ »

i rewatched 1997 berserk (and some of the newer stuff) a couple months before Kentaro Miura died. anything Susumu Hirasawa does is absolutely amazing and gets me ultra pumped, but "Forces" is like the ultimate

i also recently saw Tokyo Fist (1998) for the first time and that soundtrack SLAMS. highly recommended if you are into that kind of old industrial. Der Eisenrost also did the music for Tetsuo
chryptusrecords
Hard Panning

Post by chryptusrecords »

+hp+ wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am i also recently saw Tokyo Fist (1998) for the first time and that soundtrack SLAMS. highly recommended if you are into that kind of old industrial. Der Eisenrost also did the music for Tetsuo
interesting, i've never heard of this band formation, and only seen Chu Ishikawa credited by name
+hp+
Hard Panning

Post by +hp+ »

chryptusrecords wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:04 pm
+hp+ wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am i also recently saw Tokyo Fist (1998) for the first time and that soundtrack SLAMS. highly recommended if you are into that kind of old industrial. Der Eisenrost also did the music for Tetsuo
interesting, i've never heard of this band formation, and only seen Chu Ishikawa credited by name
oh duh looks like der eisenrost was only on tokyo fist
caught me posing