Noise Artists: What are you doing and what's on your mind RIGHT NOW?

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Re: Noise Artists: What are you doing and what's on your mind RIGHT NOW?

Post by Namahs »

junkyardshaman wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:44 am
Namahs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:08 am Being pissed off and trying to figure what the fuck happened to my bluetooth headphones. Friday they worked normally. Saturday and sunday didnt use them. Battery is like 80% etc and no warning, no nothing: the left channel doesnt work at all anymore.
Back to wired ones for now. God damn it.
wire snapped on the inside, can be soldered but is really an annoying task if your hands shake even slightly.
Might be. Took them back since they still had warranty left. Cant solder anything nowadays because of shaky hands. Not just slightly shake.
Fire of the Mind
Contact Mic

Post by Fire of the Mind »

The mix of fairly serious executive dysfunction and getting very sick for a few weeks has set back certain plans I've had. Picking away at the mountain in hopes of shaping it into something meaningful, as well as setting certain deadlines to force myself to do *something* sooner rather than later. Listening to Ultra's Zoll and Strict's Impulsion recently has really energised me, at the very least.
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

Working on the layout for a self-released CDr in a DVD box. It features a watercolor from an artist whose work I love so much. I know self-releasing a CDr is basically shooting yourself in the foot, as tape sells better, but I feel the tape sound would make a disservice to the material.

Been recording new material this week with my not-so-new double 4-track set-up. We'll see what sticks.

Gotta go vote this afternoon.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Good luck with your release and I hope le Pen loses.

I've been recovering from surgery for a week and have surgery again in like five days. Trying to find the balance between resting enough and getting everyday tasks done.
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:49 am Good luck with your release and I hope le Pen loses.
Le Pen did lose but we were caught between a rock and a hard place, to be quite honest.

What's on my mind RIGHT NOW is taking a 5-minute break from work because my executive functions are also seriously dysfunctional and I'm mentally exhausted now (so I hear you, Fire of the Mind.)

Musicwise, I have a few releases to record and/or finish and I've been delaying that since coming back from vacation abroad 9 days ago because I need to get caught up in my routines again to do that. I also have to learn the lyrics and bass parts of 3 new songs for my hardcore band because we're playing our first gig since January 2020 in 2 weeks and I'm scared shitless. But all I want to do when I get home is watch Breaking Bad and play Stardew Valley, ugh.
Violent Shogun / Hattifnattar / Cryptofascisme / etc:
http://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com
Droit Divin:
http://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com
Lava:
http://lavabdx.bandcamp.com
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:49 am Good luck with your release and I hope le Pen loses.

I've been recovering from surgery for a week and have surgery again in like five days. Trying to find the balance between resting enough and getting everyday tasks done.
Thank you ! Le Pen did lose so that's a relief, although as Remi said we're not really excited about Macron being in office again.

I wish you a good and speedy recovery. Rest is important !
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

not sure I'm a noise artist. maybe an ex noise maker? but anyway, just came back from a Pissaro exhibition in Oxford. it was OK. the early paintings seemed technically very good but nothing much else to them. the later neo-impressionist paintings did more for me, kinda painful; one of the curators' description said he hated neo-impression, which made me laugh. so this was the lead advertisement painting, which is a late one. in that room they had a few cezzanes and signac paintings, which I thought worked well with the main features.
the_pea_stakers_by_camille_pissarro_wa1952_6_310_banner.jpg
the_pea_stakers_by_camille_pissarro_wa1952_6_310_banner.jpg (67.89 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
turn it up!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Thank you, Remi and Zalhietzli. There have been some recent developments, both good and bad, but good overall.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

drift wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm not sure I'm a noise artist. maybe an ex noise maker? but anyway, just came back from a Pissaro exhibition in Oxford. it was OK. the early paintings seemed technically very good but nothing much else to them. the later neo-impressionist paintings did more for me, kinda painful; one of the curators' description said he hated neo-impression, which made me laugh. so this was the lead advertisement painting, which is a late one. in that room they had a few cezzanes and signac paintings, which I thought worked well with the main features.
What do you mean by "kinda painful"? I am looking at a bunch of Impressionist/Post-Impressionist art currently as well, and I am realizing that I find the Post-Impressionist paintings a lot more interesting (at both a conceptual and purely aesthetic level).
thatonekidatshows
C20

Post by thatonekidatshows »

Fucking hell. I have so many things going on right now.

My school offers seniors the opportunity to drop one (or two if you can convince them that you need twelve hours a week instead of six) in order to pursue a personal project for the last quarter of school. I was granted permission to drop two classes to record an album with my buddy in my parents basement. (I'm a recording nerd, so I love having more time to pursue one of my passions.) I was given special permission to not attend my English class which is required for graduation. (I'm still technically enrolled in the class receiving a grade for the quarter--unlike my psychology course, which I dropped.) The catch: My English teacher is assigning me a grade based on my project... If my project isn't up to my very critical English teacher's standard, I won't be graduating high school. I have a little less than a month to produce a batch of fully recorded and mixed tracks. (My friend and I obviously plan to get them mastered, but my teachers won't notice that they're not mastered. Truthfully, we're only getting them into presentable shape; we'll be releasing them later when we've really finished them.)

Working on mixing the tracks today, I noticed that the kick drum mic got fucked up somehow on one track and one of the overheads got fucked up on another. We have to re-track the drums for at least two songs now. I thought we were done with that arduous part of the recording process, but it turns out that I need to set them up and record them AGAIN. I'm livid.

I also have to work on that and studying for AP exams which are coming up in a few weeks. Calculus is easy for me, but Latin...? Fuck, man. We're not even through the curriculum yet! They give us too much to study for the exams. I guess I should've known what I was getting into enrolling in one of the most notoriously difficult classes offered at my school.

There's more, but I honestly have to get back to getting shit done. *Sigh*
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

thatonekidatshows wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:39 pm Fucking hell. I have so many things going on right now.

My school offers seniors the opportunity to drop one (or two if you can convince them that you need twelve hours a week instead of six) in order to pursue a personal project for the last quarter of school. I was granted permission to drop two classes to record an album with my buddy in my parents basement. (I'm a recording nerd, so I love having more time to pursue one of my passions.) I was given special permission to not attend my English class which is required for graduation. (I'm still technically enrolled in the class receiving a grade for the quarter--unlike my psychology course, which I dropped.) The catch: My English teacher is assigning me a grade based on my project... If my project isn't up to my very critical English teacher's standard, I won't be graduating high school. I have a little less than a month to produce a batch of fully recorded and mixed tracks. (My friend and I obviously plan to get them mastered, but my teachers won't notice that they're not mastered. Truthfully, we're only getting them into presentable shape; we'll be releasing them later when we've really finished them.)

Working on mixing the tracks today, I noticed that the kick drum mic got fucked up somehow on one track and one of the overheads got fucked up on another. We have to re-track the drums for at least two songs now. I thought we were done with that arduous part of the recording process, but it turns out that I need to set them up and record them AGAIN. I'm livid.

I also have to work on that and studying for AP exams which are coming up in a few weeks. Calculus is easy for me, but Latin...? Fuck, man. We're not even through the curriculum yet! They give us too much to study for the exams. I guess I should've known what I was getting into enrolling in one of the most notoriously difficult classes offered at my school.

There's more, but I honestly have to get back to getting shit done. *Sigh*
That's pretty exciting. Best of luck with your album. I wish I could have done a project like that in high school--I did build a table at one point, though. I don't know where you are located, but I wish I had the opportunity to start studying an ancient language in high school.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

You're arguably doing more with your life right now than most people ever do with theirs. Mass respect, kid. Hope everything works out. We're all pulling for ya!!!
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

SS1535 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:39 am
drift wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:28 pm not sure I'm a noise artist. maybe an ex noise maker? but anyway, just came back from a Pissaro exhibition in Oxford. it was OK. the early paintings seemed technically very good but nothing much else to them. the later neo-impressionist paintings did more for me, kinda painful; one of the curators' description said he hated neo-impression, which made me laugh. so this was the lead advertisement painting, which is a late one. in that room they had a few cezzanes and signac paintings, which I thought worked well with the main features.
What do you mean by "kinda painful"? I am looking at a bunch of Impressionist/Post-Impressionist art currently as well, and I am realizing that I find the Post-Impressionist paintings a lot more interesting (at both a conceptual and purely aesthetic level).
just my aesthetic / affective / emotional response to them. so yes, I did find them more interesting.
turn it up!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

drift wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:59 pm
SS1535 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:39 am
just my aesthetic / affective / emotional response to them. so yes, I did find them more interesting.
Interesting. How do you feel about Expressionism?
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

I dunno man, weird question "how do you feel about this art movement"

I could try and verbalise a different affective response, but in reality I don't view enough art.

thanks!
turn it up!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

drift wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:54 pm I dunno man, weird question "how do you feel about this art movement"

I could try and verbalise a different affective response, but in reality I don't view enough art.

thanks!
No problem. I only ask because Expressionism tends to be a lot more psychologically alienating than Post/Neo-Impressionism, and you seem like a perceptive viewer of art with an interesting perspective.
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

SS1535 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:03 pm
drift wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:54 pm I dunno man, weird question "how do you feel about this art movement"

thanks!
No problem. I only ask because Expressionism tends to be a lot more psychologically alienating than Post/Neo-Impressionism, and you seem like a perceptive viewer of art with an interesting perspective.
I found impressionism quite alienating tbh.

(anwyay, I need to stop posting :) )
turn it up!
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

I should listen to the new Laibach album today. It's soundtrack for a theater performance so it's probably going to be good. Their Thus Spoke Zarathustra album from 2017 might be their best.
Feeling weirdly sick. Spring is getting hold of me but it's fine.
Currently listening to this: https://trayer.bandcamp.com/album/one-over-zero
does anyone use the genre name "leftfield" anymore anywhere?
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

D345 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:28 am I should listen to the new Laibach album today. It's soundtrack for a theater performance so it's probably going to be good. Their Thus Spoke Zarathustra album from 2017 might be their best.
I don't like regular Laibach but I love that Zarathustra album. I'll check the new album out !

Today is a day off so I'll try recording or editing some sounds. I want to try mic'ing rusty pieces if metal and run them through several inputs of tape decks. Real experimental stuff I know. Then some gardening in the evening !
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Insomnia and then how my body crashes in reaction to it is brutalizing me (y'all). Have no idea what to do and nothing is working. Been dealing with it since the mid/late 90's and tried literally everything. Including lowering blue light and practicing sleep hygiene. I think it's a matter of my body not liking having a temporary stent inside it. Hopefully that's all. Want to sleep right and get back to making music.

I don't know if anyone else here can relate to this, but I feel like I'm at a point where I can't afford to follow any more projects than I am now. Being on a limited income is hard enough, but lately I've gotten really hard into some incredible acts and I just cannot keep up with them, let alone do that and get ahold of old releases. Maybe I should start looking into selling stuff online. Hate doing mailorder, but this habit isn't paying for itself, my insurance is getting shittier, and my rent is going up (along with everyone else in the world). Whatever. It'll work itself out some way.

Totally unrelated, but after spending half my life across the river from the American South, I don't notice Southern accents anymore unless they're very strong. It's just normal to me at this point. I lost my east coast accent a long time ago and it only comes back when I get REALLY mad.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 am Insomnia and then how my body crashes in reaction to it is brutalizing me (y'all). Have no idea what to do and nothing is working. Been dealing with it since the mid/late 90's and tried literally everything. Including lowering blue light and practicing sleep hygiene. I think it's a matter of my body not liking having a temporary stent inside it. Hopefully that's all. Want to sleep right and get back to making music.

I don't know if anyone else here can relate to this, but I feel like I'm at a point where I can't afford to follow any more projects than I am now. Being on a limited income is hard enough, but lately I've gotten really hard into some incredible acts and I just cannot keep up with them, let alone do that and get ahold of old releases. Maybe I should start looking into selling stuff online. Hate doing mailorder, but this habit isn't paying for itself, my insurance is getting shittier, and my rent is going up (along with everyone else in the world). Whatever. It'll work itself out some way.

Totally unrelated, but after spending half my life across the river from the American South, I don't notice Southern accents anymore unless they're very strong. It's just normal to me at this point. I lost my east coast accent a long time ago and it only comes back when I get REALLY mad.
Feel you with the insomnia. I've slept like shit for most of my life. Do a 15hour shift taking down a festival after it's done. One should be tired as ahit and fall a sleep easily? Yeah nah. Worked in a warehouse and had to wake up 4:30am every morning. Got sleep like 1am. Not too much trouble to get up but feel like a zombi most of the time.

I also relate to the situation with keeping up on new stuff. After I signed up here I've been overwhelmed with new projects and even labels to check. Try to make lists and what not but still "what, who, where huh whats going on?" Haha! Then add the feel of wanting to get your hands on some physical copies.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

That's awful, sorry to hear that!!!

Btw my surgery was just rescheduled without me being told. Was supposed to be later today, but now it's early next week. That's not too bad, but I don't like being jerked around.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:18 am That's awful, sorry to hear that!!!

Btw my surgery was just rescheduled without me being told. Was supposed to be later today, but now it's early next week. That's not too bad, but I don't like being jerked around.
Likewise!
Thats some bullshit. They should give a proper notification time instead "yeah aint gonna do it today"
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Namahs wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:04 am
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:18 am That's awful, sorry to hear that!!!

Likewise!
Thats some bullshit. They should give a proper notification time instead "yeah aint gonna do it today"
Totally. When I had to cancel my appt due to an emergency, I at least told them in advance. I only found out the change because I double-checked the time last night for people who made plans to get me there and back. I wasn't notified AT ALL - I just happened to stumble over it. And this morning, after a phone call to them, the hospital confirmed that the time was changed. They made absolutely no attempt to tell me that things had changed. American healthcare is such a joke.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:33 am
Namahs wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:04 am

Likewise!
Totally. When I had to cancel my appt due to an emergency, I at least told them in advance. I only found out the change because I double-checked the time last night for people who made plans to get me there and back. I wasn't notified AT ALL - I just happened to stumble over it. And this morning, after a phone call to them, the hospital confirmed that the time was changed. They made absolutely no attempt to tell me that things had changed. American healthcare is such a joke.
Thats messed up