Pets

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
D345
Maniacs Only

Pets

Post by D345 »

Do you nihilist noise warriors have pets? We have rats and iguana. I don't usually like to discuss too much about pets but I know some do. I just like to stare at them. But I think animals have special place in heart for people who make noise, I might be wrong. Not that we all have made dozens of albums about birds.
Last edited by D345 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
Noise Fanatic

Re: Pets

Post by 33033 »

I have a cat named Frankie, that is generally unhinged but also is also lovingly obsessed with my wife and I. At our wedding 3/4 speeches had some variation of "...if these two can love a cat so messed up, they can make it through anything."
Last edited by 33033 on Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
housepig
Thrashmaster

Post by housepig »

two cats and a dog, and looking for a second dog right now.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Three cats in our life at the moment.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

I don't have a dog but I really wish I did. The closest I've got to a noise pet is Quinn, the staffordshire bull terrier who lives a door over. Often I'll but weird music on and he'll start to bark - makes me think he can hear something that I can't.
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

Two dogs. Much prefer their company to people.
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

I have a corgi which is one of the least noise warrior-y dog breed there is, but I live him with all my life.

Last august I rescued 4 kitten that were abandonned by their mother. Took care of them for a couple of days, bottle feeding them every 6 hours and wiping their tiny butt, before giving them to a proper foster home. They all found a good home. That was the highlight of 2021 for me. Can't wait to retire and become a full time old fart with too many animals.
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

Zalhietzli wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:13 am I have a corgi which is one of the least noise warrior-y dog breed there is, but I live him with all my life.

Last august I rescued 4 kitten that were abandonned by their mother. Took care of them for a couple of days, bottle feeding them every 6 hours and wiping their tiny butt, before giving them to a proper foster home. They all found a good home. That was the highlight of 2021 for me. Can't wait to retire and become a full time old fart with too many animals.
I also dream of living in an old house somewhere close to but not in a city, with a dozen or so rescue dogs, either fostering or raising them as my own. Doing music and just hanging out with the dogs.
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
Atrophist
Thrashmaster

Post by Atrophist »

No pets as such, but back when me and the better half lived in a different area, we would get visited by a crow we named Veikko every day. He was very large and bold, so it was easy to think of him as male. He would walk along the sidewalk with us and even imitate human speech at times. After we moved away he started showing up at our neighbours’ balcony to hang out.

Ever since then the Corvid family of birds has been a minor obsession, and I observe the local crows, magpies and jackdaws where we live now and give them food sometimes. I have to be careful with that because of the neighbourhood busybodies, of course.

The most notable member of the Corvid family is of course the raven, but we don’t have those here. In Alaska there apparently are towns where they are as commonplace as crows are here, which sounds insane.
Remi
Thrashmaster

Post by Remi »

My IG is filled with pictures of my cats.

Lilou, 10 and a half is a super grumpy princess.

Natto, 4 and a half, is a stinky and dumb cat who thinks she's a dog or something. She's currently sleeping on my belly right now.

I love them both to bits.
Violent Shogun / Hattifnattar / Cryptofascisme / etc:
http://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com
Droit Divin:
http://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com
Lava:
http://lavabdx.bandcamp.com
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

adopted a relative's two cats when she left to live abroad like, 7 years ago? anyway they're my babies now. they don't like noise though, so i do most of my listening with headphones. o've heard them described as "the least cat-like cats they've ever seen" by more than a few friends.
no gods no masters no gender no music
what's the point records kadotus records art
violentgrief
Contact Mic

Post by violentgrief »

raato wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:36 pm adopted a relative's two cats when she left to live abroad like, 7 years ago? anyway they're my babies now. they don't like noise though, so i do most of my listening with headphones. o've heard them described as "the least cat-like cats they've ever seen" by more than a few friends.
I have a beautiful black cat who also isn't a fan of noise so I mainly listen with headphones too. She doesn't seem to have a problem with gruntsplatter which is interesting.
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

violentgrief wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:03 pm
raato wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:36 pm adopted a relative's two cats when she left to live abroad like, 7 years ago? anyway they're my babies now. they don't like noise though, so i do most of my listening with headphones. o've heard them described as "the least cat-like cats they've ever seen" by more than a few friends.
I have a beautiful black cat who also isn't a fan of noise so I mainly listen with headphones too. She doesn't seem to have a problem with gruntsplatter which is interesting.
mine love metal music, especially death metal demos with that booming bass sound... the other seems to like slam, i'm not a fan myself, but he always comes to me, usually on my lap and starts purring whenever something slammy is playing. other one does the same but with joni mitchell, especially the album blue. that i am a fan of. but funny how animals also seem to have different music tastes!
hq666
Contact Mic

Post by hq666 »

A black cat named Negrutza has been with me for almost 12 years. He's only offended by music when I'm making it, otherwise he's tolerant. What a dink.
IG: goatqveen666
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

hq666 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm A black cat named Negrutza has been with me for almost 12 years. He's only offended by music when I'm making it, otherwise he's tolerant. What a dink.
he should definitely learn how to give criticism more constructively
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

raato wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:35 am
hq666 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:34 pm A black cat named Negrutza has been with me for almost 12 years. He's only offended by music when I'm making it, otherwise he's tolerant. What a dink.
Haha! One of our cats cant stand like brass instruments. If I listen to lets say Miles Davis on the speakers, she gets pissed off! Our other cat starts always doing weird shit at the same time. You know zooming around the aparment like a bat out of hell etc.
So basicly jazz and funk at least are headphones music at home.
hq666
Contact Mic

Post by hq666 »

raato wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:35 am
Lol - you're not wrong. He seems to get especially agitated when I'm working on something more delicate sounding. For example the other week I was working some sad Rhodes thing and beyond his normal croaks and wincing he decided to uproot all of the plants he could access. Obstinate and lovely.
IG: goatqveen666
Exclusionzonedayton
C20

Post by Exclusionzonedayton »

We have a noise cat and a reef tank. I love sea life but not much of that in Ohio so I brought it to me. Amazing creatures.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Three cats!
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

. . . lots of taxydermetic friends , very quite .
Also I'm hanging around with a Tibet Terrier and this dog loves his noise loud . . .
n a a r a
Contact Mic

Post by n a a r a »

The cat I used to live with loved hissy black metal and harsh noise and absolutely hated his other owner playing the violin very beautifully... I miss the little devil everyday (meaning the kitty not the human)! Lots of cats around me, gonna adopt one for myself when my finances are a bit more stable in the near future. Or I mean, I will begin to serve a feline master as soon as I can.

The story about Veikko the crow melted my heart <3
zmb.cpu
Sound Art

Post by zmb.cpu »

I have two lovely white and rousse cats , named Mary-Kate and Ashley. They do not mind the noise! they often lay on the floor while im making a racket! They really dont seem to mind at all. They also very much enjoy Rachmaninoff and other classical gases. Great reading companions too!
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I've had as many as thirteen cats simultaneously. Currently just eight. Yes, my house stinks of piss. Yes, I've stopped trying to eat around the hair that ends up on every single plate of food.