Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
D345
Maniacs Only

Re: Now Playing

Post by D345 »

Throbbing Gristle - Part II: The Endless Not
background muzak. Love this album. Though it's hard to tolerate Genesis after reading Coseys book. Egoistic fucker.

Alien Sex Fiend - Maximum Security
partly, got bored to the music. But this is one my favourite albums of all time, very weird and experimental. "You know you shouldn't talk, it makes you look so much older"

Psychward - Abuse & Terror
don't know if my walkman is broken or running out of batterys. Part of the thrill! Excellent tape. Skull on cover always works.

Scathing – Tunneling Flesh Mound
more screech! B-side soothes in a different way. Lovely.

Putrid Fist - Brink of Insanity
project which was described to me as "project by brother of Janne from Kovana." I'm sold! I think this is what finnish noise/PE sounds like. Good debut tape. Though I'm not fan of Ritualistic Sacrilege track, the sound of the delay vocals(?) doesn't work on me here. Small faults.
B-side is great jam. Tape edition of 16, this deserves a bigger edition but I have this so why should I care, heh.
https://youtu.be/qd5bs8cuUPA

Hellhammer - Death Fiend
Hellhammer - Triumph of Death
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

D345 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:04 am Throbbing Gristle - Part II: The Endless Not
background muzak. Love this album. Though it's hard to tolerate Genesis after reading Coseys book.
No defense for GPO but for art, with small and/or capital a, which must, necessarily, tolerate no compromise.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Jonathan Briley - Wheels Of Agony

Just randomly popped into the earholes, just now, track from box set, and the hypnotic oomphness just grows grow grows till I am no longer able to resist the urge to acknowledge, out loud, that this is some shit. Some singular shit. Pervect pervection of pervect-ness. Agony, but what sweet.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Been listening to a lot lately, due to the weather keeping me inside. This week is supposed to be more of the same, so another one of these huge lists might come soon... haha

Professor A - Soon This Will All Be Over (Saw him a week ago with COMPACTOR. Excellent power electronics set!!!)
Various Viruses - A History of Diseases (a project that Professor A is a part of)
Werewolf Jerusalem - The Flies Of Our Tragic Dear
Moral Order - 2017 / 2020
Andrew Elaban & Pete Fosco - 5.4.22
Alec Empire vs. Merzbow - Live CBGB's NYC 1998
Teeth Engraved With the Names of the Dead - Starving the Fires (Part I)
Teeth Engraved With the Names of the Dead - Kosmische Death Worship III: Empires of Empty Space
Teeth Engraved With the Names of the Dead - Kosmiche Death Worship
Growing - Archive
BEDTIMEMAGIC - Between The Sheets
Napalm Death - Resentment is Always Seismic - A Final Throw of Throes
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Crime of Passing - s/t
Champion Leader - Chat Room Days
mewithoutYou - [A→B] Life
ACCESSTOGOD - 𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊
Sal Paradise (Australia) - discography
Starflyer 59 - Vanity
EnGrave - Polaris (finally available on bandcamp, along with other releases from Velvet Empire Music!!!!)
Jordan Darby (of Dry-Rot, Uranium Orchard, Cosmic Sand Dollars, etc) - Days Are Meaningless
Circle of Dust - s/t (95 reissue??)
Michael Knott - Rocket And A Bomb
Michael Knott - Screaming Brittle Siren
Ronnie Martin (of Joy Electric) - From The Womb Of The Morning, The Dew of Your Youth Will Be Yours
Black Flag - Damaged
Primitive Man - Insurmountable
White Walls (Cincinnati) - discography
Vulture - Ghastly Waves & Battered Graves
Satan (UK) - Earth Infernal
Nukkehammer - discography
Misery - a good chunk of their discography
Totalitar - Wallbreaker II (95-07)
From Ashes Rise - see above
G.I.S.M. - Detestation
Iron Maiden - Brave New World (and a few other albums of theirs)
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

Striations - i'll Buckle Up - when Bundy dies (it's the law) Tape
Listen to older Tapes These days and this one is a nice one from Miker Death. Could Not find IT on discogs , but must be an older one. Bought IT when i picked Up Striations/Bagman Split. Very Shirt , but a real smasher for ne . . .
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

. . . Ah , Came later on Unseen Forces AS Stalking Chamäleon. This one came out on Feral Fang Media. Excuses ! ...
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Mothra - Doom Engine (Three Plugs, 2005)
Amazing noise/industrial band featuring Masahiko Okubo of Linekraft. Heavy Neubaten vibes. Cool to hear the songs go from junk metal abuse to someone sparsely picking a bass guitar over feedback. Lots of diversity in sound and songwriting.

Brighter Death Now - Innerwar (Release Entertainment, 1996)
A masterclass in atmosphere. I'm on my second full listen of the day. Might be one of his best.
dust
Contact Mic

Post by dust »

texas tornados - hangin on by a thread
acetone - york blvd
longmont potion castle - 13
jj cale - 2 meter sessie
speed, glue & shinki - eve
zz top - eliminator
gun club - fire of love
ineffable slime - live recordings 2019-2022
max julian eastman - lamb lays down in georgia
max julian eastman - boys of summer #32 / when doves cry #17
sforza gramsci – mirror of simple souls
KRB
Blank Tape

Post by KRB »

AxDxFxOxA - A Fail Association/Deadly Orifice s/t collab (Dada Drumming)
Maranata - Dry Lungs (New Forces)
Vincent Dallas - Manische Hyperaktiviteit (Satatuhatta)
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

Evil Moisture - Gak (following last WCN episode)
UNREST
Contact Mic

Post by UNREST »

Aprodite's Child - 666

Demis Roussos pre kaftan lard arse period on bass and angelic vocals flanked by Vangelis pushing things in a weirder direction. Excellent choice of theme on what I interpret as a protest against the then military dictatorship in Greece.

Apocalyptic themes fitting for this day and age too.
Aldous
Contact Mic

Post by Aldous »

UNREST wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:23 am Aprodite's Child - 666

Demis Roussos pre kaftan lard arse period on bass and angelic vocals flanked by Vangelis pushing things in a weirder direction. Excellent choice of theme on what I interpret as a protest against the then military dictatorship in Greece.

Apocalyptic themes fitting for this day and age too.
It's a great and bold record! Curiously I've been listening to it in the past few days at work.

Currently on these:

Burnt Firedman & João Pais Filipe "Automatic Music Vol 1"
https://burntfriedmanjoopais.bandcamp.c ... of-waving

Andreas Archives Vol. 3 compilation
https://sphmusic.bandcamp.com/album/and ... ves-vol-3
and the classic
Anenzephalia "Transmits From St. Petersbourgh"
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Been digging on Evil Moisture a fair bit since the excellent WCN podcast episode with Andy Bolus. Had a lovely tune in to Yerm Flowers on the bus to work today which was a beautiful thing to distract from the rail strike inflicted crowding en route (no worries, up the workers every time). All that classic Bolus snapshot editing and pace is there and, as he says, still up there with the best shit he's ever done. However this time round I gained a newfound appreciation of some of the processing, intentional or otherwise, surrounding his source materials. Engaging bits of reverb, phase effect and hyper distortion step in and out of obviousness as the thing plays out and definitely effect the pace. I started listening to the Evil Moisture & Hanatarash Fatanarchy on Airtube collab but didn't get through much of it before I had to start working. So instead I moved on to Hanatarash 2 and got probably the most enjoyable listen I've ever had out of it. What an absolute perfect classic. Reminds me of everything that was exciting to me about discovering weird music and how critical exposure to Boredoms/Hanatarash was to those early stages. For some reason I often forget and need reminding each year. To that end I'm jamming CD 2 of the UK bootleg version of We Are Hardcore! which is a long live recording. Kinda restrained junk bashing with (failed) attempts and a bit of musicality before melting into a really blissful cosmic burn out with drums and god knows what else totally overwhelming the tape recorder. Hope to get through another disc at least tonight but may have to reach for that Fatanarchy...now I'm back among my stuff....
UNREST
Contact Mic

Post by UNREST »

Aldous wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:44 pm
and the classic
Anenzephalia "Transmits From St. Petersbourgh"
That and Noehaem are my two Anenzephalia favourites. Total stone cold top ten genre fucking classic!
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Hand & Knee - Cait Sith (Detachment, 2022)
Mallard Theory & Lackthrow (Detachment, 2022)
Big City Orchestra - Carnival Of Monsters (TEC, 1989)
zzz
Sound Art

Post by zzz »

Legion VK - Promo CS
Perhaps this hasn’t received enough attention?

Side A is slower moving, mechanic-inaction (the long and grinding halt) with enough foreground activity to keep from becoming hypnotic.
Side B picks up quickly. Our Swords almost feels like a collage of various sections, very dense. Wachtfeuer a funeral observance that merges into something more potent and generative—the tail of the bull as sheaves of grain. Points of references could be Dagda Mor - Agent Provocateur, perhaps Lille Roger in the most primitive moments.

The accompanying Oskoreinassance tape is also excellent; distant, longing, almost “melted” at times.
“The division here is so thin that it leaks through somehow”.

Looking forward to receiving the Golden Purifier tape.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

zzz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:07 pm Legion VK - Promo CS

Side A is slower moving, mechanic-inaction (the long and grinding halt) with enough foreground activity to keep from becoming hypnotic.
Side B picks up quickly. Our Swords almost feels like a collage of various sections, very dense. Wachtfeuer a funeral observance that merges into something more potent and generative—the tail of the bull as sheaves of grain. Points of references could be Dagda Mor - Agent Provocateur, perhaps Lille Roger in the most primitive moments.
Any place to hear this? I liked their contribution to the Breathing Wounds comp.
NihilBaxter
C20

Post by NihilBaxter »

zzz wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:07 pm Legion VK - Promo CS

While being aware of the release, i somehow forgot to check/buy it when it came out... But was lucky enough to grab a copy from Sentimental Youth the other day, finally. Great tape indeed! Need to check out Golden Purifier as well!

NP: Mattias Gustafsson – Frusen Musik

Probably my favorite MG release (far from knowing all his stuff) and it just felt like the right soundtrack for brain-melting 36 degrees.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Down with the sickness so I'm just listening to tapes in a haze the past few daze....

SBTDOH - Personalization (Tribe Tapes)
Great stuff, bit of an "underrated" project imo, but for me...rated. Strange and grinding noise, lots of abrupt cuts, a handful of irrelated samples, lofi and nasty. Perfect length at 27 mins.

Sforza Gramsci - Mirror of Simple Souls (Tribe Tapes)
A real banger, something close to pure "dungeon noise", with traces of dark ambient. Droning tones, whipping winds, clanking, shrieks, BALEFUL is the word. Great concept and execution.

Carlos Pozo - Dystopian Gates (Dada Drumming)
Slow and monumental dark ambient. Great usage of piano and silence, the whole thing reminds me of "The Mist" (the film/story) - just vague intimiations of a form, but never fully visible

Total Sweetheart - Early to Bed (Dada Drumming)
Pure tape saturated filth. Really a lovely release, you have this saturated static element threading the whole thing together, but bits and pieces of vocals, effects, and god knows what else join into the main piece giving it a very dynamic and "live" energy.

Reinhaudt - ST (Puppy Tapes)
Six tracks of hardcore techno with some excellent industrial atmosphere. Def brings a bit more grittier and moody than most American folks these days, which is much appreciated.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Ineffable Slime wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:11 pm Total Sweetheart - Early to Bed (Dada Drumming)
Pure tape saturated filth. Really a lovely release, you have this saturated static element threading the whole thing together, but bits and pieces of vocals, effects, and god knows what else join into the main piece giving it a very dynamic and "live" energy.
This is a pretty impressive tape given its length and the fact that it is one take/no edits. Good stuff.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Gen Ken - Beyond My Ken (1989, Esplendor)
Moth - Gray Star Rising (1996, FDR Tapes)
Merzan/Zanmerz - Hellcity (1991, Tonspur)
NKVD - Lovers Of Libra (1989, Audiofile)
AKTI
Contact Mic

Post by AKTI »

Now playing:
Aaron Dilloway, Jeph Jerman - Casual Collisions CD
Steaming Coils - Never Creak LP
Grouper - Grid Of Points LP
totalblack
Hard Panning

Post by totalblack »

1st of July playlist so far:

Bryan Adams
Celine Dion
Jean Leloup
Sloan
Len
Blasphemy
April Wine
D.O.A.
The Rita
Dayglo Abortions

bound to get more absurd as the day progresses. Happy Canada Day buds
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

Listening to Socker - Jerry (Forever United ) , August Leven's Socker is underated . Jerry tells a Story about a middle aged life in decline .
The Sounds are awesome and floating around.
Original releases for the Röset Fest/Seesen , too Bad - less then 30 copies , but findable ...
KRB
Blank Tape

Post by KRB »

Been pretty obsessed with this band lately.

Pisse - Lambada
Pisse - Kohlrübenwinter (1 & 2)
Pisse – Mit Schinken Durch Die Menopause
Pisse – Praktikum In Der Karibik
Pisse – Pisse