Time

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
-NRRRRK-
Hard Panning

Re: Time

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Accepting the fact that one will not be able to listen to everything out there comes first. So how to pick what to listen to? Happens spontaneous and in a non dogmatic way. Not limited to only new projects or only classics, but a mix of both. If a release or a project "speaks" to me, I'll give it a try. Youtube and/or bandcamp are (mostly) only used as a quick check if the sound fits, but physical medium is what gets played to really listen to.

Somehow the season of the year has a huge influence on what I listen to. Autumn and winter is the domain of 90ies death- and black-metal was well as noise and pe. During spring and summer it shifts more towards stoner/psych and kraut. Not exclusively, but most of the time. Just feels right that way.

Listening to music is mostly done after work.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Re: Time

Post by holy ghost »

I have been noticing that I go through intense listening binges for certain things that last for a week or two and then move on to something else - I find it's best to try and cram in all the essentials before I move on. Yesterday it was "black noise" like Wold, Emit, Abruptum, early Vomit Orchestra and today I'm onto catching up with my Government Alpha tapes I have accumulated recently. Last week it was The Misfits and tomorrow it'll be Venom or something.