Struggles Of Making Noise/ Hosting DIY Noise Shows

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Re: Struggles Of Making Noise/ Hosting DIY Noise Shows

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Spa? Like a bathhouse? >_> Out here, we ain't got none of that. All we ever had was the shitter in the local park that doubles as a little league/soccer field. And they eventually put a padlock on that. Now we do all our fishing in the drainage ditch next to the field.
WCN
Maniacs Only

Post by WCN »

It’s true volume is something you can’t skimp on at the end of the day, but DIY activities are all about finding solutions and alternate routes to do what you need to do, as independent from thr frameworks that don’t understand or value what you do as possible. Being able to avoid them 100% a rare luxury. It’s also about building something up and preserving it, so that often means being clever or compromising where doesn’t matter, in order to keep going and not have to compromise where is really matters. Trying to be a bootleg GG Allin isn’t gonna work out in the long run.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

WCN wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:24 pm Trying to be a bootleg GG Allin isn’t gonna work out in the long run.
For a MULTITUDE of reasons!! Diphtheria mostly!!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Now I actually wish I owned a car. Damn. That would make it so much easier to record vocals...
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 pm Now we do all our fishing in the drainage ditch next to the field.
I thought this would be a great title for a Genophobia Christmas themed album.

Holidays with intolerable junkies. Misery Forever!
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 pm Now we do all our fishing in the drainage ditch next to the field.
Man I love a little fishing every now and again, but please tell me this is catch and release.... you WILL die!!
n a a r a
Contact Mic

Post by n a a r a »

housepig wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:40 pm
Ineffable Slime wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:04 pm
4. Keep the show moving; don't space sets out by a half hour like a punk show. Have everyone set up and swap out with 5-10 minutes between artists. This prevents attrition and if the show is going to get cut early, lets you pack in as much as possible.
THIS ALL DAMN DAY.

The only reason for that much time in between sets is poor planning or poor show management.
a good idea is to have table plates (or pieces of thick plywood) for each artist to build their set on. Between the artists, you just unplug the outputs and the power of the previous set and swap the board plates. Of course this might not be possible with artists that have massive amounts of junk metal etc
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

I support the above idea if you're going to end the show early and not just pack like 15 acts on the bill..... I guess for me I'm there as much to socialize as I am to harsh out so you run the risk of people chilling outside and missing the sets.

Also will not solve the issue of people bringing insane amounts of gear and insane cable routing to a show and then needing to troubleshoot when they can't get sound out of their mixer....