Misery Engine/Associated Projects.

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Walpurgisnacht
Contact Mic

Misery Engine/Associated Projects.

Post by Walpurgisnacht »

Been obsessed with Matt's output over the last year or so. The Phoenix tape is one of the most genuinely compelling manifestations of violent electronics I've heard this year - a jewel in an unfortunately dreck infested post-Deathkey landscape.

The dude also churns out material like crazy. I think I have the Phoenix tape, the tape on Deathbed, and the split with God is War. I have a bunch to get my hands on, and by the writing of this post - he's probably put out 3 more tapes. Keep meaning to get in touch with him to snag anything I'm missing, but unfortunately time and school induced spending limits make it somewhat prohibitive to me at the moment.

Eagerly await what he does both in the near and far future.
Crimesofthecrown777
Contact Mic

Re: Misery Engine/Associated Projects.

Post by Crimesofthecrown777 »

Matt is hands down one of the best contemporary acts out. Dude is a monster with learning gear and a true student of the game. Blazing a new path with his style of heavy electronics.
MiseryEngine
C20

Post by MiseryEngine »

HUGELY honored! Seriously it means a lot. I put a ton of research and work into everything I put out and while it may seem like an avalanche of releases all at once to be perfectly frank I think the lead/lag times from labels and shipping issues, etc. helped lend to things kind of all hitting the release dates in a condensed time frame.
I said “yes” to way too much at the end of 2021 so I have a lot of things cooking currently and I hope you enjoy listening as much as I’ve enjoyed making them. Also expect more Peace Doctrine stuff this year for sure!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

The material for the upcoming split with Andrew Nolan on Absurd Exposition is superb. Crushing heavy electronics and the first track is violently harsh.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
thevomitarsonist
Contact Mic

Post by thevomitarsonist »

Matt is of the best of the new guard for certain. Infectious enthusiasm, too.
thevomitarsonist.bandcamp.com
danversstate.storenvy.com
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Just relistened to his side of the God is War split on my way to work this morning. Yeah, good stuff.
Also, been really enjoying the more rhythmic jams he has been posting on Instagram,

Very much looking forward to his split with Andrew Nolan
violentgrief
Contact Mic

Post by violentgrief »

Matt's a really nice guy and has given me loads of great advice over the past year. Everything he's put out so far is killer too.
searchofexit
Contact Mic

Post by searchofexit »

Found Matt somehow on ig and been talking to him for a while now. Always good to talk to about noise and electrical-work related topics! Have a few Misery Engine releases. Looking forward to all the new splits he says he committed to for 2022
Straight.Panic
Contact Mic

Post by Straight.Panic »

As soon as I get the funding secured, there's a collab project Matt and I have called I.E.D. that'll be out on pro-cs via Jouissance du Rien. Art by Shea Hardacre, plus a couple remixes, 100 copies.
To remain quiet like a dead gull at low tide.