where does the time go?

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
drift
Thrashmaster

where does the time go?

Post by drift »

I was looking at discogs, and noticed I've been releasing noise for a few years less than I remember. Let's reminisce: write out a timeline of what happened, up to now, in your noise life? Here's mine

2003 start listening to the radio constantly, mainstream radio, not noise (I was super depressed at this point)
2004 start listening to an arts station, resonance fm
2005 I joined RYM
2006 start focusing on listening (rating ha) noise
2008 buy this fuck off heavy multi FX pedal and run some laptop feedback through it
2009 someone tells me to get into eurorack
2010 start time-stretching my noise
2011 first release, with JLIAT, on social drift
2013 try to stop time stretching noise, and sent out a couple of copies of "last stretches" with a circa 20 page explanation of why, then release "short noise wall" with RRRon's help
2013-2022 keep releasing DIY Cdr's and lathes with friendly noise artists I like, usually splits, to few sales and gradually listening to less music.

I was b1981.

edit maybe delete this, who gives a fuck haha
turn it up!
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Re: where does the time go?

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Time seems to compress as we get older because we are perpetually changing. Our old selves die and we become someone else entirely. Multiple perspectives compressed into a single consciousness distorts our sense of time. Where did they go with all that damn time?! That's what I wanna know. Who are these strangers I used to be? Did they ever really exist, or were they all just stages in the life cycle of a mushroom with over-developed cognition?

Leaning towards mushroom...
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

Where did they go with all that damn time?!
I like this. does it matter if we never opened that door and didn't walk down that passage, spent all our time uselessly incapacitated. the guy that quit university isn't the guy who graduated or the guy who regrets leaving. homage to the selves we've lost and those we never were.

IDK. a non instrumental attitude to change haha.
turn it up!
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

I still think it's fucking hilarious that Nickelback received a ppp loan from the US Government under the Trump presidency in 2020 despite being from Canada.

"Loan". Any of these gen-x rockstars actually have to pay back those loans?

Great the hear the IRS is now going after servers tip money!

Funny how economic oppression just increases as you work your life away and wonder; Where Does The Time Go?
chryptusrecords
Hard Panning

Post by chryptusrecords »

oZiris wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:45 pm Funny how economic oppression just increases as you work your life away and wonder; Where Does The Time Go?
yeah, it's almost as if there's a tendency for the rate of profit to fall or something
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

Yeah, Yae, Yea, Ye

Believe whatever you want; but a little bird told me that "hail satan" was just modern day short hand for "hail Steve Bannon & the Alt-Right"

I appreciate the rock n roll legends of soul selling & what not. But to remove the veneer of lore; in the case of Robert Johnson isn't it more likely that at a cross roads he met a wealthy plantation owner; and was offered material success in return for appeasing a marginalized & oppressed section of the American population?

Christian fundamentalists discreetly finance the boogey men their politicians rally against in a decades long culture war.