New Wave of Canadian Noise

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
redhotchilipeppers
Sound Art

Re: New Wave of Canadian Noise

Post by redhotchilipeppers »

Capers wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:10 am the duo he had with his friend Luke, Dogs In The Moonlight
Not to "WELL ACTUALLY" you, but it's worth mentioning that the other half of Dogs was Chris Garant, who was behind Horrible Mess and the Urine Soaked Rag label years ago. Not sure how active he is these days, but he had a tape in 2020 under the alias Pale Red Circle - great soupy industrial-leaning HN, seems pretty available still too.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

redhotchilipeppers wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:07 pm
Capers wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:10 am the duo he had with his friend Luke, Dogs In The Moonlight
Not to "WELL ACTUALLY" you, but it's worth mentioning that the other half of Dogs was Chris Garant, who was behind Horrible Mess and the Urine Soaked Rag label years ago. Not sure how active he is these days, but he had a tape in 2020 under the alias Pale Red Circle - great soupy industrial-leaning HN, seems pretty available still too.
Yes! Chris Garant, whom I've met and know a bit, saw my post (he a lurker?) and corrected me. No Luke involved. My bad!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Capers wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:52 am
redhotchilipeppers wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:07 pm
Yes! Chris Garant, whom I've met and know a bit, saw my post (he a lurker?) and corrected me. No Luke involved. My bad!
Liam cult eternal tho. All the Freedom Club stuff is so great. Only saw him play live once when he was in Montreal, under the guise of Lindow Man. It was a show with Taskmaster (I've since forgotten the rest of the lineup) and both of their sets later appeared on an edition-of-4 friends-only tape.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
the_mule
Sound Art

Post by the_mule »

Just got the Deep Grey CDR & tape. This should be collected & coveted Canadian Noise.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

the_mule wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:32 pm Just got the Deep Grey CDR & tape. This should be collected & coveted Canadian Noise.
Definitely. I haven't wrapped my head around them as much as I'd like to yet but it's very good stuff. Brutish in ways that bely the bizarre presentation. On a related note, even better in my opinion is the Arthur Canterbury material on CNC. Pure destroyed sound generated through open reel abuse. I think it's just the one tape 'Rubber Baby Buggy Bullets' but I'd love to hear more.
minimal.impact
Contact Mic

Post by minimal.impact »

murmur wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:51 pm B.P.’s output is super interesting and varied.
Anything in particular you'd recommend? I haven't listened to much of Bret's output post-2017 or so.
murmur
Hard Panning

Post by murmur »

minimal.impact wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:10 am
murmur wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:51 pm B.P.’s output is super interesting and varied.
Anything in particular you'd recommend? I haven't listened to much of Bret's output post-2017 or so.
Zhiishiibi-Zhiibiing on Absurd Exposition is great. I really like the newest one too, Excerpts from Manitoba.
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Splinter Assembly is young blood in Montreal making harsh noise. I think Scream & Writhe still has copies of the split tape with SA and Paxillus Succubus.