Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
D345
Maniacs Only

Re: Now Playing

Post by D345 »

Umpio - Insektio
Savage Gospel/Incapacitants split
Lasse Marhaug - It's not the end of the world
Marcronympha - Grind
Tyhjä Pää - Prolonged Troubles In Concentration and Memory

about Tyhjä Pää, it's already a classic! fucking excellent
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
CONDEMN
Blank Tape

Post by CONDEMN »

I'm a huge Andrew Nolan fan and was more than excited to see that he contributed a remix on one of my favorite Hardcore projects, RETIREMENT
It's an Iron Lung Records release so don't expect moshing crap, just excellent blown out noisy hardcore. Andrew's work is so complimentary!
Attachments
PXL_20230310_220502847.jpg
PXL_20230310_220502847.jpg (40.29 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

D345 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:24 am Tyhjä Pää - Prolonged Troubles In Concentration and Memory

I checked this out on your recommendation. This one is a scorcher! Blown away. Need to place another order with SATATUHATTA and grab some things I've been sleeping on.
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

Ancient Methods - The Third Siren
Cut Hands - Festival of the Dead
Fever Ray - Radical Romantics
Prurient - Time's Arrow [EP]
Spiked Punch - Guinea Pig
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

NBDY - Woods & Wires
Great cut-up noise. BUT! I have the same issue with this that I had with Kazumoto Endo's Keiyo, there are too many silent gaps that are way too long. Silence can be a powerful tool and can be used like sound but 30 secs of silence in the middle of a track? Ruins it for me.

Residual - Forcing The End
A fantastic 20min blast of the most enjoyable harsh noise!

Merzbow - EXD
More archival goodies from mid '90s, I can't get enough of this stuff.

Mass Ejection - Molten Vasts
Mastering wizard Grant Richardson teams up with Themistoklis Altintzoglou (never heard of this guy before) for some DARK ambient. At times kind of factory/industrial vibes but no beats or anything like that, just an atmosphere of walking through a huge reverberating space. Some parts remind me of In Slaughter Natives but without rhythm and vocals. I really need to check out what Malignant Records has released in the last 10 years or so as I only have (heard) a few random releases here and there.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

The last few days for me have been the new L.White Records comp and various Solmania releases from a long time ago---one has to love those modified guitars!
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Hell Is Empty

Not Filled Nor Occupied

by anything more than chunkily pith-fisted proto-epileptic blurt occasionally blown wide open feeding freshly lacerated fields o steely drift n sway

L. Marhaug
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

moozz wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:36 am Residual - Forcing The End
A fantastic 20min blast of the most enjoyable harsh noise!
Thank you!
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Post by Happiness, forever »

Haven’t been listening to anything all day but the sounds of traffic from the freeway behind our house and the airplanes/jets from the 2x aeropuertos we live between.

Noise is Life, Life is Noise.
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Bastard Noise - RRRevenge (self-released) - The ol' RRR diss record. First time I heard it, I wrote it off as a middle of the road BN release. Revisiting it has catapulted it into at least the top 10 of their discography. So much psycho/weird experimentation going on here.

Max Julian Eastman - Zabriske/Manor (Satatuhatta) - Max played my neck of the woods last weekend, and we ended up trading a bunch of stuff. This disc is definitely the best thing I have heard this year so far. The grit of harsh junk on tape meeting chopped n screwed sensibilities is a match made in heaven for me.
Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
TYHJP
Contact Mic

Post by TYHJP »

D345 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:24 am Umpio - Insektio
Marcronympha - Grind

Tack ska du ha very much!
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

Kiran Arora – Wilderness Years CD (Fantasy Knife)

Brand new and exciting album from Kiran! This kind of came out of nowhere. Wormwood Scrubs is one of my favorite albums in 2020 and Formication is one of the best albums on Prose Nagge which sits alongside some heavy hitters.

Really well-developed dynamics and an extremely wide range of sounds on each track. Sounds move from minimal electro-acoustic and develop to outright harsh noise and back again. However, everything is balanced with an attentive and detailed methodology and never sitting in one pocket for too long. Everything is always evolving and quickly. There are modular synth sounds melded into the cacophony, more a subtle filigree to the other tones and sounds, never overbearing or too up-front.

All of this forms a very surreal, dream-like, and unique album. I love the label name Fantasy Knife and think it paints an accurate description of the sounds created by Kiran in his solo efforts as well as his other project Seepage. By the way, there is also a new double CD album and tape out by that project.

Easily an early contender for album of the year despite having been recorded in 2021. What else does he have tucked away in the vault?

Seepage – Tertium Quid 2CD (Fantasy Knife)

This one is freaky-deeky. Truly bizarre and out there harsh noise. It sounds like you took a mountain of pedals and synths and proceed them through a fax machine and then recorded that onto a VHS tape. I need more time to wrap my head around this one. There are moments that remind of me AOL and the old internet dial tones. The first couple tracks sound like broken down and brutalized sounds processed through old technology but somehow modern.

Album title makes perfect sense tertium quid is defined as "Something that cannot be classified into either of two groups considered exhaustive; an intermediate thing or factor."

The third is a kind-of cosmic drone that sounds filtered through the prisms of a diamond and the chimes of grandfather clocks. Completely weird fantasy dreamscape.

Fourth track kicks you back in with bizarro harshness out of 90s techno-wizardry. So fucking weird and perfect. 23 Minutes Into The Future is a great title. This one is harsh and shrill and moments of crunch all funneled through a cathode ray tube.

Final track is a brutal 37+ minute epic of the same quality of the previous tracks, but just on a grander scale.

Another contender for album of the year.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

TYHJP wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:31 pm
D345 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:24 am Umpio - Insektio
Marcronympha - Grind

Tack ska du ha very much!
eepä kuule mittää!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

Post by shrouded.in.antiquity »

Lactating Tardigrade wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:25 pm Kiran Arora – Wilderness Years CD (Fantasy Knife)

Brand new and exciting album from Kiran!
Thanks for sharing these here! Very excited to hear them both, especially that Seepage double CD. I've been listening to the CD on Phage Tapes quite often again lately. One of if not my favorite current harsh noise project.
shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

From today:
Macronympha - Baroque - Picked up this reissue on Industrial Recollections from New Forces recently. Just now hearing for the first time.

Form Hunter - Overripe - Fruits and vegetables ought to be used as a theme in noise more often.

John Wiese & Aaron Dilloway - Sniper Counter Sniper - I don't recall seeing a whole lot of people talk about this disc when it dropped but it quickly became one of my favorite collaborations. For some reason it is no longer on bandcamp, but the YouTube Rippers have made it streamable there. John Wiese's sonic manipulation wizardry pairs wonderfully with Dilloway's tape loops, and they are still very present throughout although in various states of mangling and processing.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

htp_systems wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:39 pm Form Hunter - Overripe - Fruits and vegetables ought to be used as a theme in noise more often.
And not just the amusingly shaped!
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:59 am
htp_systems wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:39 pm Form Hunter - Overripe - Fruits and vegetables ought to be used as a theme in noise more often.
And not just the amusingly shaped!
Well, he did say form... oh, nevermind.
shrouded.in.antiquity
Hard Panning

Short playlist from last night:

MO*TE - Kill The Sun CD on Dada Drumming
Dada Drumming's description really says everything you need to know about this disc. I'm a big fan of the CD in DVD case packaging, which allows for larger artwork and inserts, and this release has both and they look excellent. I can't say I'm well-versed on MO*TE's discography but this one really intrigued me so I picked it up. I'm glad I did, highly recommended. FFO dense exploratory synth driven noise with a great deal of tonal qualities yet still extremely harsh.

Amphibian - Hanging Nettles - Small Mercies
I was fortunate enough to pick this up in a trade. Two solid 10ish minute tracks of layered scrap metal abuse. Wide range of sounds throughout. Small Mercies packaging is some of my favorite out of currently operating labels, simple and effective. Hope to hear more from this project in the future.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

BT.HN - Her Serpent
Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Manifesto - Hive
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Merzbow - Pulse Demon.
5 weeks in bus. My plan is to checkout a lot of noise releases I've been planning to listen.

Pulse Demon has been bit problematic for me before being as loud as it is. Either my ears are more fucked nowadays or I've gotten myself a better devices to listen to music or at least better adjustment for the volume.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

black leather jesus - jesus is stoned
marcronympha - amplified humans
blod - abba
mutiilation - vampires of black imperial blood
einsturzende neubauten - zeichnungen des patienten OT
roxy music - s/t

and
Some people run
Some people crawl
Some people don't even move at all

good good time!

FrenziedDestruction
Contact Mic

Post by FrenziedDestruction »

Just listened to the savage gospel / incapacitants split - good stuff! incapacitants are one of my favorites, first time hearing savage gospel i think.
also:

"peace of a virtual reality grave" by green lawnmower blood which i mainly picked up a few months back due to the name and cool retro
3D computer art.

T.E.F. / Prurient / Richard Ramirez split.
love prurient, heard good things recently about T.E.F. but have not listened before, have not listened to a lot of RR either but enjoyed that part of the split as well

"Animal Liberation - Until Every Cage Is Empty" by merzbow
picked this up with some other releases on a whim a while back, enjoyed it.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

FrenziedDestruction wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:44 pm first time hearing savage gospel i think.
Heh. Is that, like, a dis?

That split is literally right at the top of the to-listen pile. As in the unopened buncha packages piles. But I'm sure it's in there. Better fucken be.
FrenziedDestruction
Contact Mic

Post by FrenziedDestruction »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:19 am
FrenziedDestruction wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:44 pm first time hearing savage gospel i think.

That split is literally right at the top of the to-listen pile. As in the unopened buncha packages piles. But I'm sure it's in there. Better fucken be.
no lol i just haven't heard any of their material before. i liked both sides of the release.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

FrenziedDestruction wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:34 am
Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:19 am

no lol i just haven't heard any of their material before. i liked both sides of the release.
Ah, that clears things up. I liked the first version better, though, with the I think. Gonna steal that, I think.