Royce Icon

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
RandomInsults
Blank Tape

Royce Icon

Post by RandomInsults »

Hi - I am trying to get in touch with Royce Icon (e-mail account got deleted in the last 15 years) and no one seems to know. Last he was in Canada and his e-mail was faceless idiot or something. Anyone know anything about him? Die Rote Form would like to get in touch.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Re: Royce Icon

Post by luciferjonez »

From last.fm:

Royce Icon is a prolific electronic/ experimental musician based out of Portland, OR. Royce got her start in late 2003 under the F.U.S. (Fucked Up Stupid) moniker and released half a dozen records under this name until she dropped it in early 2006, opting to use her name instead. Since then, she has released around 20 solo albums of various styles, from harsh noise and industrial to trip-hop and house for labels around the world, mostly focusing on the Netlabel/ DIY cdr scene.

Royce has also been involved in many bands and collaborations with other artists - local and around the world- including the bands TVkill, Quim, Tactilvision, Wendy Is Staring At me, Violent Messiah, Starvation Ritual and newer projects Gentle Beast and Dracula Biscuits, as well as collaborations with artists such as PixieGuts and Siegmar Fricke.

In addition to being a musician, Royce is also an artist, filmmaker and writer.

Version 4, edited by royceicon on 5 August 2012, 4:37am · View version historyEDIT THIS WIKI
RandomInsults
Blank Tape

Post by RandomInsults »

Thank you - yes, I know this entry - but then the trace starts fading (around 2012/13) and I can't get in touch. I asked some people like Novosak etc. - but they also lost track. Royce Icon is indeed very talented and that is why I try to get in touch. Also because I want to know she is ok. We were Die Rote Form - a PE/Death Industrial collaboration.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

RandomInsults wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:57 pm Thank you - yes, I know this entry - but then the trace starts fading (around 2012/13) and I can't get in touch. I asked some people like Novosak etc. - but they also lost track. Royce Icon is indeed very talented and that is why I try to get in touch. Also because I want to know she is ok. We were Die Rote Form - a PE/Death Industrial collaboration.
I love a good mystery! Do you think she lost interest and became burnt out by the noise scene or something nefarious happened?