Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
LeoClarke
Sound Art

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by LeoClarke »

Hi all, I'm new here from New York, my name is Leo Clarke, very happy to be a part of this forum. Good luck and have fun.
outdoorhorseshrine
Contact Mic

Post by outdoorhorseshrine »

Hello, all. Joe Wang here from Cincinnati, OH. I'm in my early thirties and regret to say that I arrived late to the noise community. I'd like to think that I'm living my experimental "teen" years now. Just beginning to generate noise and played live at Skeleton Dust this past weekend. Very glad to be here!
Outdoor Horse Shrine is an experimental electronic and noise project based in Cincinnati, OH, USA | @outdoorhorseshrine
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Nice to have you here!
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

Hey all! I'm from the suburbs of NYC. Love noise. Just listened to the noise extra podcast yesterday regarding the Dave Gilden box set coming out and thought "I need to get onto a noise forum and meet some like minded individuals."
KevinBloodTies
Sound Art

Post by KevinBloodTies »

Kevin Blodgett of Bulk Carrier, Sallow Statue and I Discern. Blood Ties is my label out of Amsterdam NY.
kneck
Sound Art

Post by kneck »

My name is Jason and I go by the name Kneck. I am from Knoxville, TN and have been into noise for a few years now. I have a few releases on my bandcamp (kneck.bandcamp.com)
PetiteSoles
Hard Panning

Post by PetiteSoles »

Hello everyone.
My name is Scott, 41. Originally from the SF Bay Area (Concord) but currently living in Monroeville, PA (near Pittsburgh)
I guess if you know any of my projects they would be She Walks Crooked, Unusual Affairs and more recently as a member of Black Leather Jesus. Or my label, Petite Soles, which I’ve been running for a little over a decade now.
Glad to see a new forum pop up and hope to remember to check in often.
JuntaCadre
Hard Panning

Post by JuntaCadre »

KevinBloodTies wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:33 pm Kevin Blodgett of Bulk Carrier, Sallow Statue and I Discern. Blood Ties is my label out of Amsterdam NY.
PetiteSoles wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:42 am Hello everyone.
My name is Scott, 41. Originally from the SF Bay Area (Concord) but currently living in Monroeville, PA (near Pittsburgh)
I guess if you know any of my projects they would be She Walks Crooked, Unusual Affairs and more recently as a member of Black Leather Jesus. Or my label, Petite Soles, which I’ve been running for a little over a decade now.
Glad to see a new forum pop up and hope to remember to check in often.
Good to see you two here!
What Abraham found easiest, I would have found hard, namely to be joyful again with Isaac

Herukrat, Junta Cadre, Commuter.

https://juntacadre.bandcamp.com/
https://newforces.bandcamp.com/album/no-longer-penitent
Masonhn
Blank Tape

Post by Masonhn »

I'm Abe, 43, been into noise since about 2001, I started the harshnoise project Thirteen Fingers about 2003 and retired it in 2016. I've been doing a cut-up project under Mason since then in fits and starts.
I'm really happy that this forum is getting more active. Social media is useless for anything but doom scrolling.
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Masonhn wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:19 pm I'm Abe, 43, been into noise since about 2001, I started the harshnoise project Thirteen Fingers about 2003 and retired it in 2016. I've been doing a cut-up project under Mason since then in fits and starts.
I'm really happy that this forum is getting more active. Social media is useless for anything but doom scrolling.
Void was a great release! Good to have you here!
Masonhn
Blank Tape

Post by Masonhn »

Wow thanks, that was the super short lived wall era of Thirteen Fingers. 2 cds and a split with Four Flies. After that I'd done all I could with HNW.
RandomInsults
Blank Tape

Post by RandomInsults »

Hi there. Kai from Puerto Rico here. After a hiatus of 15 years back. Main projects: Random Insults (Industrial, Metal, Noise), Die Rote Form (Death Industrial, PE). Just trying to reconnect with some people and see what is still out there. Things have changed.
saturator
Sound Art

Post by saturator »

Hello, my name is Saturator (alias, obviously) and I'm an 18 y/o who's been doing music production since I was about 11. I first got into music production via friends who'd make speedcore, breakcore and happy hardcore on their laptops, and I started making noise music around the age of 15. I make breakbeat, jungle, speedcore, jazz and footwork on top of noise (and try to incorporate noise into those genres as well). Hoping to find a community of people who are like me in terms of musicality and the sort.
JohnCollinsMcCormick
Sound Art

Post by JohnCollinsMcCormick »

Hello -
I’m John Collins McCormick. I use my full name for all my art projects. I have formerly used the name “sky thing” for releases.
I’m 40 years old and live in Michigan.
I’m interested in use of non musical equipment, sometimes referred to as “junk” or “hardware noise.” - digital manipulation on the data level - musique concrete - feedback…
I work with these methods as well as very low frequencies moving a collection of readymades in subwoofers.
- John
Sound - Noise - Silence
https://johncollinsmccormick.com/
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Nice to see new people here!
thelastdaysofdisco
Sound Art

Post by thelastdaysofdisco »

hey all, grady here, student so i split time between college and richmond, va. i make noise as the last days of disco and also dj at wprb, with a solid bit of noise but also a lot of shoegaze, slowcore, ambient, tape music, free jazz.
ChicagoAnimal
Hard Panning

Post by ChicagoAnimal »

thelastdaysofdisco wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:26 pm hey all, grady here, student so i split time between college and richmond, va. i make noise as the last days of disco and also dj at wprb, with a solid bit of noise but also a lot of shoegaze, slowcore, ambient, tape music, free jazz.
I hope your username/project name is a reference to the film that stars the goddess Chloe Sevigny.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Post by Happiness, forever »

Masonhn wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:19 pm I'm Abe, 43, been into noise since about 2001, I started the harshnoise project Thirteen Fingers about 2003 and retired it in 2016. I've been doing a cut-up project under Mason since then in fits and starts.
Are you the MASON with a cassette release on Pressortape?
https://www.discogs.com/release/2343581 ... -Landscape
That cassette is awesome!
Masonhn
Blank Tape

Post by Masonhn »

Happiness, forever wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:41 pm
Masonhn wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Are you the MASON with a cassette release on Pressortape?
https://www.discogs.com/release/2343581 ... -Landscape
That cassette is awesome!
Yeah that's me. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I have one out on Pressor Tapes, another one on Cruel Symphonies, and a split with PMNT that I put out myself. I'm trying to get some recording in but this year has kicked my ass. Hopefully new stuff will be out soon.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Welcome to all new members!
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
horseblood
Sound Art

Post by horseblood »

Heya folks, finally joining here after lurking for a while. Used to perform noise/drone stuff in the early 2000’s here in Dublin using circuitbent radios and chant machines. Have been into performing noise on and off over the past few years under various projects but hoping to get back out doing something this year.
onebloodypony
Sound Art

Post by onebloodypony »

Hey, I'm representing the noise collective called One Bloody Pony. We were mostly active from about 2006 till about 2011. We made around 20 albums.
Played some very destructive shows in Western North Carolina, but most of the members weren't able to travel for mainly psychological reasons. It was mainly a "studio band," I guess.

Every song is about horse meat in some way.

I'm still maintaining the archive as best I can. We made a lot of experimental music videos that are already on youtube, and some old ones that got taken down that I'm reposting every once in a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrQ-j7z ... e=youtu.be

The music was made with old samplers, drum machines, as some mixer work, and instruments that band members built themselves.
It isn't out of the question that more is recorded in the future. The members have just scattered.

There is also a documentary about some of the members, and how they made noise in the rural south in the US. Their work is usually funny, but also painful and psychologically disturbing:
https://thefortunetellers.vhx.tv/
EXPUE
Sound Art

Post by EXPUE »

Hello,

I am new to the noise community. Have been building my own instruments for years and have decided to use them to finally make my noise project a reality. Currently slow releasing an album as I complete the songs. Check it out if you'd like.

https://expue.bandcamp.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClwURM ... STnzR3xK3g

Thanks all
MÁVAR
Blank Tape

Post by MÁVAR »

My name is Jóhann

Just rediscovered the noise and dark ambient scenes this year after fucking about with it a bit in the early 2000's and recently started making some of my own after having a hard time making music for the past decade or so, it has been very freeing and has got all of my creative fluids pumping again.
I stumbled on to this forum today by accident and it has been fascinating to read through it and see that there is a somewhat active forum around the noise genre and I am eager to keep lurking and see what you all have to say.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Nice to see some new members here again!