Ralf Edvin Klimp "Text​-​Sound Compositions Vol​.​I"

Dedicated reviews section. All writers welcome.
casparsonnet
Sound Art

Ralf Edvin Klimp "Text​-​Sound Compositions Vol​.​I"

Post by casparsonnet »

With Gustafsson's latest release as Ralf Edvin Klimp, one will find themselves venturing into poetic tomes and meditative concrète fare with "Text​-​Sound Compositions Vol​.​I". Each track containing elements of minimal tape loops and spoken word vaguely tumbling into the gears. One can hear beautifully learning divergent wails and calm, poetic mantras among creaks and low drones beside a leaky pipe, and creaking door; Appalachian wood, snarling and tumbling unto a forward thrush of bark. I found it extremely difficult to choose a track that stands out from the others due to the high caliber of intention that's been wrestled into these. My personal favorite is "That's what GOD means to me". The verbal doldrums of the aging man’s voice reflection of life and mortality, while staggering loops contend to find common ground through their trips and folly. Very stimulating and trance-like. I was also very entertained by The Last Piano Piece due to its intensely repetitive, verbal tribulation and piano redundancy while the conclusion is grim, leaving you with a dripping faucet emulating its master's agonizing ethos. Truly groundbreaking work. Nothing like it. I find Mattias’s work a direct, profound extension of the great analog sound masters.
December Man
C20

Re: Ralf Edvin Klimp "Text​-​Sound Compositions Vol​.​I"

Post by December Man »

Is anyone in North America (or elsewhere) stocking this?
gdu
Contact Mic

Post by gdu »

this one fucked with my head big time
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

gdu wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:36 pm this one fucked with my head big time
Don't tell anyone this, but rumor has it at some point the chap was seventeen.
Reachingneedles
Contact Mic

Post by Reachingneedles »

just want to thank you guys for taking the time to write about this. Its been on constant rotation since I read about it here.
static and textures from Ottawa Canada
Mattias Gustafsson
Contact Mic

Post by Mattias Gustafsson »

December Man wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:52 pm Is anyone in North America (or elsewhere) stocking this?
I made more copies of this. Just a regular tape edition, not the prints etc. Also other altar of flies, Tapeworks, Barstool Mountain etc. Send me an email if you are interested. sinkorswim 61 @ hotmail . com

And thanks for the great review!