Religious noise, industrial, and related genres

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Re: Religious noise, industrial, and related genres

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Black Leather Jesus - First You Destroy Their Faith
https://richardramirez.bandcamp.com/alb ... heir-faith
Helvitis
Hard Panning

Post by Helvitis »

Treriksröset? I don't know how religiously themed the project is but he is a christian and has qn album titled Kristen Musik Från Rågsved so it bleeds into his art at least somewhat.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Helvitis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:35 am Treriksröset? I don't know how religiously themed the project is but he is a christian and has qn album titled Kristen Musik Från Rågsved so it bleeds into his art at least somewhat.
Never even heard of him before, but now I'm interested...
Helvitis
Hard Panning

Post by Helvitis »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 am
Helvitis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:35 am Treriksröset? I don't know how religiously themed the project is but he is a christian and has qn album titled Kristen Musik Från Rågsved so it bleeds into his art at least somewhat.
Highly recommend his work!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Helvitis wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 pm
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:14 am
Highly recommend his work!
Does he have an official website? I couldn't seem to find one...

I did find some of his music, though. And I like it.
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Post by MuhSteve »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

I forgot that Treriksröset is on the Total Slitting of Throats collab CD, which I have. And is very impressive.
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Post by MuhSteve »

The new Blod LP on Discreet Music sounds interesting ...

Pilgrimssånger is the first of two new Blod albums deeply inspired by the Swedish Christian parish culture. The songs deals with human connection and solitude in a life built upon faith. The lyrics depicts exposure and anxiety but also joy and belief among free church members, the complexity of the relationships in the community with its leaders and priests and - ultimately - God. The songs are mainly influenced by Swedish folk music, psalms and choral music.

While being an heavy album, Gustafs' intention has still been to fill the listener with hope and light rather than the opposite. As usual with Blod, the approach has been to highlight the beautiful things in generally ugly contexts, something that has probably never been as evident as on Pilgrimssånger.
John Eden
Contact Mic

Post by John Eden »

Coltrane - Ascension
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Post by MuhSteve »

[quote=xIncorruptibleCorpse777x post_id=4725 time=1653224642 user_id=206]
This?
https://discreetmusicgbg.bandcamp.com/a ... rimss-nger
[/quote]

Yup.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

NihilBaxter wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:04 pm https://fanaticism.bandcamp.com/
Thank you, I've never heard of this project!!!
Victimesderegime
Sound Art

Post by Victimesderegime »

https://comearmageddon.bandcamp.com/alb ... the-church

Free comp I put out sometime ago.

Kind of been out of the noise scene for a while been busy being a pastor. Started working on newer stuff and I plan on putting out something new.

https://m.soundcloud.com/victimes-de-regime/tracks

I’ll have to dig around and find all the contacts of different Christian noise musicians it’s late and I can’t think right now. Lol
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Oh, hey! I remember you! I'm Treebeard!
consumer
C20

Post by consumer »

Is Blessed Sacrifist religious noise?
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

Are you (xIncorruptibleCorpse777x) thinking of creating praise noise? Noise that transports or inspires a state of grace? Or calling out organized religion to do better?
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

luciferjonez wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:22 am Are you (xIncorruptibleCorpse777x) thinking of creating praise noise? Noise that transports or inspires a state of grace? Or calling out organized religion to do better?
Neither of those were thoughts that ran through my head at the time I posted this. I could probably make the former, though. One of the things I source are Gregorian chants and choirs. The theme on one of my releases might be considered connecting with God and experiencing bliss, but it was like eight or nine years ago that I made it and can't remember. That said, my themes vary depending on what project I'm doing. My harsh noise is typically about mental health and its intersection with government policy. But sometimes nature. The drone electronics/dark ambient material of mine is varied... the topics go from that of incorruptible corpses to natural phenomena that fascinate me (google "Darvaz" for an example). The last of those I think I lost the file to and never uploaded it. :( The one drone metal thing I did was improvised. No idea what I was going for. It was the first live musical performance in my life. The reverb was natural - came from it being performed in a former brewery in a man-made cave. A death industrial piece I did, which was one of the best things I've ever done, ended up sounding like an accident on a space shuttle and someone on it being sucked out into space. Most of what I make is dedicated to God, but I wouldn't call any of it worship music, except possibly the Third Heaven track/demo that came out sounding, according to a friend, like a lo-fi version of heaven, lol

I've had a couple short-lived bands, one totally improvised powerviolence with a bass player who's way into the Grateful Dead and jam bands. It has no actual meaning. Another one I had was hardcore punk railing against religious extremism (which my area is a hotbed of) - the one song written and recorded was specifically about a local cult. That band never performed live, but did have one song on myspace. A French crust band who played here covered it at a show that the drummer and I were at. It was one of the most incredible moments of our lives. Not sure if I still have the file of the song, but it didn't have drums... :\
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

luciferjonez wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:22 am Noise that transports or inspires a state of grace?
This is of course entirely possible outside of a religious context as well. Transcendent states, out of body experiences, etc. created by total immersion in the work (and/or loudness of a live experience). Drew McDowall references it as the key concept behind Coil's Time Machines in his recent interview on Noisextra, and highlights Pachelbel's Chaconne in F Minor as a piece that removes him from time. Kali Malone's organ work is incredibly efficient in creating these states as well.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:58 pm
luciferjonez wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:22 am Noise that transports or inspires a state of grace?
This is of course entirely possible outside of a religious context as well. Transcendent states, out of body experiences, etc. created by total immersion in the work (and/or loudness of a live experience). Drew McDowall references it as the key concept behind Coil's Time Machines in his recent interview on Noisextra, and highlights Pachelbel's Chaconne in F Minor as a piece that removes him from time. Kali Malone's organ work is incredibly efficient in creating these states as well.
That was an interesting 2 part interview. what was the LP they were all orgasming over? Horse revelation? I couldn't make out the entire title. Never really listened to coil, gristle, psychic TV and being a New Yorker who ran into her often enough Gen was a douchebag.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Thinking about it now as I listen to the "Live in Finland" tape (through Youtube sadly...), I am reminded that Zyklon SS actually has quite a bit of religious references, samples. and general thematics in his work. It's just that certain other thematic interests tend to overshadow them... Still, I think considering it further might reveal some wider dimensions and greater depth to the project than might first meet the eye.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

This is ridiculously long (all but two tracks are 45-60 mins long), but I got five hours into and enjoyed it. It's on a Russian label, so so much for buying it currently, but I guess you can stream it three times?

https://reasonartrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hesychasm
Haare
C20

Post by Haare »

I was massively disappointed that the Blod on Discreet was not THE Blod, as in the one on Segerhuva etc.

This might be of interest too, using field recordings from a religious camp/party on a Finnish island:
https://lauriainala.bandcamp.com/album/ ... t-saarella
consumer
C20

Post by consumer »

luciferjonez wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:59 am what was the LP they were all orgasming over? Horse revelation? I couldn't make out the entire title.
Horse Rotorvator.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

consumer wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:56 pm
luciferjonez wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:59 am what was the LP they were all orgasming over? Horse revelation? I couldn't make out the entire title.
Horse Rotorvator.
Thank you!