Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
DIODE SNORTER
C20

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by DIODE SNORTER »

Greetings, everyone!
I'm Chris Reierson aka FAP aka My Lovely Figment.
You may or may not remember me as the guy who ran Dictafawn, a short-lived label specialized in releases on microcassette.
I'm currently more focused on building custom pedals and circuit bent devices—I'm sure you'll be seeing a few examples of them as time goes on—though I'll occasionally put out new material either under my own name or as DIODE SNORTER.
duckworship
C20

Post by duckworship »

I dont use FB at all, but it's great to see you on here!
DIODE SNORTER wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:13 pm Greetings, everyone!
I'm Chris Reierson aka FAP aka My Lovely Figment.
You may or may not remember me as the guy who ran Dictafawn, a short-lived label specialized in releases on microcassette.
I'm currently more focused on building custom pedals and circuit bent devices—I'm sure you'll be seeing a few examples of them as time goes on—though I'll occasionally put out new material either under my own name or as DIODE SNORTER.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Yeaaahhh FAP in the house! *shakes fists triumphantly*
(It's just me, Jon/"Ray". Don't get too excited).

Would be good to see more old acquaintances being active on the new wave of noise forums.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:41 am Yeaaahhh FAP in the house! *shakes fists triumphantly*

Would be good to see more old acquaintances being active on the new wave of noise forums.
Share the link and pass the good word ;)
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Namahs wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:34 pm
Bubble-Congeries wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:41 am Yeaaahhh FAP in the house! *shakes fists triumphantly*

Share the link and pass the good word ;)
Sadly, I think everyone who isn't already aware and just not that interested is walled off inside various social media accounts, which I can't be fucked with anymore.
I.I.S.
Sound Art

Post by I.I.S. »

Hey everyone,

I'm J. Weilburg, I'm based out of Nashville, TN. I've been messing around with noise since the mid 2000's but never released anything until around 2019 with my current project Images In Silence around that time I also started the label/collective TRANCE//FURNACE with a good friend. As a collective we are focused on Industrial Culture, Transgressive Art, and Occulture, so not everything we release or work on is noise but it tends to be at least noise adjacent.

look forward to connecting with more people through here, and finding new noise!
Confounder.JDE
Sound Art

Post by Confounder.JDE »

Hi everyone, I’m Josh/JD, 31, Currently based in Philadelphia. I started doing noise in 2020. I’ve decided it’s a good time to come out of my shell a bit and be more engaged so here we go! I do a solo project called “Confounder” and a collaborative project called “Master Grave Services” with K. Geiger. Forums like this and WCN/NOISEXTRA podcast have been huge in my new noise journey. I appreciate it and look forward to what’s next!
J.D. Evans
Confounder
Master Grave Services
Old Hag Howls at Moon
Sound Art

Post by Old Hag Howls at Moon »

Hi, my name is Íris.
I make harsh noise and harsh noise accessories.

I have a background in black metal and ritual dark ambient. First time I messed around with noise was on Myspace back in the day but had no idea there was a bigger scene or audience into that sort of thing so I quickly moved on. In my late 20's I drop out of the local BM scene and start properly experimenting with sound.

A certain master of The Crafts once told me that a true musician should strive to visualize their sound and then build their own set of instruments. I took that to heart. There's a short circuit bending period (toys, keyboards, etc.) before I trip into the modular synth rabbit hole and start making my own modules, contact mics and other bastardized electronics. I stay in my little corner of noise for a couple of years or so until I finally meet a very important figure in my life an we dive headfirst into the wonderful world of noise.

Currently I go by the name of Old Hag Howls at Moon.
For those interested my first ever solo performance can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXaN3EOkmY

I'm glad to finally be amongst kindred spirits. Cheers!
Certified lunatic and tech-troglodyte
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Welcome to all new members!
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Old Hag Howls at Moon wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:16 am Hi, my name is Íris.
I make harsh noise and harsh noise accessories.

I have a background in black metal and ritual dark ambient. First time I messed around with noise was on Myspace back in the day but had no idea there was a bigger scene or audience into that sort of thing so I quickly moved on. In my late 20's I drop out of the local BM scene and start properly experimenting with sound.

A certain master of The Crafts once told me that a true musician should strive to visualize their sound and then build their own set of instruments. I took that to heart. There's a short circuit bending period (toys, keyboards, etc.) before I trip into the modular synth rabbit hole and start making my own modules, contact mics and other bastardized electronics. I stay in my little corner of noise for a couple of years or so until I finally meet a very important figure in my life an we dive headfirst into the wonderful world of noise.

I'm glad to finally be amongst kindred spirits. Cheers!
welcome and loved your noise!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
DIODE SNORTER
C20

Post by DIODE SNORTER »

Old Hag Howls at Moon wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:16 am Currently I go by the name of Old Hag Howls at Moon.
This is a weird question, but I'm honestly curious: was this name meant to be a pun on the "old man yells at cloud" meme from The Simpsons?
Old Hag Howls at Moon
Sound Art

Post by Old Hag Howls at Moon »

DIODE SNORTER wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:38 pm
Old Hag Howls at Moon wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:16 am Currently I go by the name of Old Hag Howls at Moon.
This is a weird question, but I'm honestly curious: was this name meant to be a pun on the "old man yells at cloud" meme from The Simpsons?
Well spotted!
Certified lunatic and tech-troglodyte
Victimesderegime
Sound Art

Post by Victimesderegime »

Jeremy 46, living in Tennessee, been doing noise for a while now mostly with Victimes De Regime
Empathic Window
Sound Art

Post by Empathic Window »

Hey, I’m Fay. I’m from Philadelphia and currently based there, I’ve formerly been around Denver and Buffalo as well. I perform and (periodically) record noise as Empathic Window (hence the name), and formerly as Training Montage. Used to operate Value Exchange for my own works as well as a few comps.

Trying to get back into actually making music more often again. Life’s been rough! Hope all is well with everyone though!
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Hello to everyone new here!
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

Post by prolapsedlielack »

my name is seth. i'm 18 and i've been making noise since i was 12 after listening to deathpile for the first time. only recently began putting it out which you can find at lifeiseasy.bandcamp.com

i also recently made an album with a close friend which you can find here: https://loganthreedouble.bandcamp.com/album/11-11

my main influences are atrax morgue, premature ejaculation, whitehouse, deathpile and TAINT

saw this place mentioned on reddit so i decided i'd join
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Ha... I actually once suggested the name "Prolapsed Catholics" to an online friend as a bit of a joke for if we started a band.

It's a good name.
Atrophist
Thrashmaster

Post by Atrophist »

Old Hag Howls at Moon wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:16 am

Heh, my favourites were the parts where you could tell if it was the electronics, or the screams. Nice!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:28 am saw this place mentioned on reddit so i decided i'd join
Can you share the link to this thread/mention?
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

Scream & Writhe wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:23 pm
prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:28 am saw this place mentioned on reddit so i decided i'd join
https://www.reddit.com/r/noisemusic/com ... &context=3

here you go!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:28 am my name is seth. i'm 18 and i've been making noise since i was 12 after listening to deathpile for the first time. only recently began putting it out which you can find at lifeiseasy.bandcamp.com

i also recently made an album with a close friend which you can find here: https://loganthreedouble.bandcamp.com/album/11-11

my main influences are atrax morgue, premature ejaculation, whitehouse, deathpile and TAINT

Hails fellow SoCal noise freak!
prolapsedlielack
Contact Mic

SS1535 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:50 pm
prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:28 am my name is seth. i'm 18 and i've been making noise since i was 12 after listening to deathpile for the first time. only recently began putting it out which you can find at lifeiseasy.bandcamp.com

hails! socal noise reigns supreme!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:26 am
SS1535 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:50 pm

hails! socal noise reigns supreme!
I just wish there was more of it! Based on your Bandcamp location, at least, it feels like there is much more stuff up where you are than further south.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

outdoorhorseshrine wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:28 pm Hello, all. Joe Wang here from Cincinnati, OH. I'm in my early thirties and regret to say that I arrived late to the noise community. I'd like to think that I'm living my experimental "teen" years now. Just beginning to generate noise and played live at Skeleton Dust this past weekend. Very glad to be here!

Fellow Cincinnati noise artist here. Welcome to the board and the local noise community!!!
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

prolapsedlielack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:26 pm
Scream & Writhe wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:23 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/noisemusic/com ... &context=3

here you go!
What noise discord are they talking about?