RAP SHIT

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
drift
Thrashmaster

Re: RAP SHIT

Post by drift »

lol I remember listening to a Akira the don mix on resonance fm around 2004... "Akira the don people / diamonds are forever / everybody dies"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb2WSSaO7d8

yk, is that interesting? lol internet culture.
turn it up!
exobrain
Contact Mic

Post by exobrain »

Namahs wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 am Cypress Hill released a new album lately. Not bad at all thought couple spins in.
Have yet to check it out, but the preceding album "Elephants on Acid" was surprisingly good. The opening song after the intro really caught me off guard with the FLOWER TRAVELLIN' BAND sample, the hell...? Wow.

Talking about Cypress Hill, DJ Muggs has been on fire the past years, it seems. I haven't been following his output actively, but lately checking out quite a few of the albums he's produced, I've got to say that he's really nailed it. "Hell's Roof" w/ Eto, "Death & the Magician" w/ Rome Streetz etc, all cool stuff.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

exobrain wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:37 am
Namahs wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 am Cypress Hill released a new album lately. Not bad at all thought couple spins in.
Have yet to check it out, but the preceding album "Elephants on Acid" was surprisingly good. The opening song after the intro really caught me off guard with the FLOWER TRAVELLIN' BAND sample, the hell...? Wow.

Talking about Cypress Hill, DJ Muggs has been on fire the past years, it seems. I haven't been following his output actively, but lately checking out quite a few of the albums he's produced, I've got to say that he's really nailed it. "Hell's Roof" w/ Eto, "Death & the Magician" w/ Rome Streetz etc, all cool stuff.
Elephants On Acid is a good one also. Not the strongest album as whole but still very nice.
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

drift wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:51 am really enigmatic. did he shoot a kid in the head?
wasn't he just a rapist, not a killer?
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
APPLE
Contact Mic

Post by APPLE »

Recently:

Boldy James & Real Bad Man 'killing nothing'

Novelist '4 tha homiez'

Majik Mac 'grey clouds'

Retch 'administrative segregation'
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

Residual / RT wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 am
drift wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:51 am really enigmatic. did he shoot a kid in the head?
wasn't he just a rapist, not a killer?
he was found guilty of rape, not child murder, but the defence, that he bought a new gun, dropped it and it just randomly shot a kid, sounds flimsy at best.
On August 22, 1992, in Marin City, Shakur performed outdoors at a festival. For about an hour after the performance, he signed autographs and posed for photos. A conflict broke out and Shakur allegedly drew a legally carried Colt Mustang but dropped it on the ground. Shakur claimed that someone with him then picked it up when it accidentally discharged.[178][179]

About 100 yards (90 meters) away in a schoolyard, Qa'id Walker-Teal, a boy aged 6 on his bicycle, was fatally shot in the forehead. Police matched the bullet to a .38-caliber pistol registered to Shakur. His stepbrother Maurice Harding was arrested in suspicion of having fired the gun, but no charges were filed. Lack of witnesses stymied prosecution. In 1995, Qa'id's mother filed a wrongful death suit against Shakur, which was settled for about $300,000 to $500,000.[178][179]
turn it up!
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Reinvigorating my love of Grime these last few days, largely off the back of a radio set a few days ago featuring a return from one of the best to ever do it - Trim.

For the uninitiated, this guy probably takes the crown for being the most utterly vicious war MC in the entire scene and was around everything when it was at its peak. His wordplay, lyricism and flow was miles and miles above most of his peers and utterly unique to what was going on at the time. Really he deserved to have breakthrough success because he is something like the UK grime equivalent of MF Doom or something (he hates that comparison but fuck him because it's deserved) however he just always seemed to shoot himself in the foot when he had a chance to go further. While it feels a bit dark to celebrate his return to a style of music that is definitely connected to a personality trait he battles with, here he is pushing 40 and absolutely destroying this new Blay beat which is currently getting spat on by basically everyone. just 2 and a half mins of Trim assuring us that everyone but him is a fucking wasteman and he will not hesitate to injure them if necessary https://youtu.be/TmyPLa-Ywn0
APPLE
Contact Mic

Post by APPLE »

Always good to have more music from Trim. Soulfood v1-3 are all classics and 'The Bits' is one of my favourite songs ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nBpEP8_QtI

My top 5 grime freestyles:

Esco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXO4HeHYhZM

Big H - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6iGZ9L-ZE

Griminal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0FzIeHicxI

D Double E - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHq2lzt8L_A

Terminator - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Lm4YpUtMM
feedbacker
Contact Mic

Post by feedbacker »

not rap per se but

this video blew my mind
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

taking the liberty of self-moderating and plonking this here, just to declutter the nice best (and worst) of 2022 topic:
adult human wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:06 am
Whiteboard Maverick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm Billy Woods – Aethiopes (Backwoodz Studioz)
Some of the best lyrics I have ever heard.
I think he's like totally smoked the wise ol streetman William S Burroughs vibe with that dark sense of humor funny as fuck the preacher i call im as in like y'know like when Burroughs was asked to define "beat" and he took a total left turn on Kerouac and Ginsburg- where he's like beat meaning beat, down, in the gutter, with all the other scum, i may be adlibbing. That isn't quite Woods but he's def in something of the same wheelhouse.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:38 am taking the liberty of self-moderating and plonking this here, just to declutter the nice best (and worst) of 2022 topic:
adult human wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:06 am
Whiteboard Maverick wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:07 pm Billy Woods – Aethiopes (Backwoodz Studioz)
Some of the best lyrics I have ever heard.
I think he's like totally smoked the wise ol streetman William S Burroughs vibe with that dark sense of humor funny as fuck the preacher i call im as in like y'know like when Burroughs was asked to define "beat" and he took a total left turn on Kerouac and Ginsburg- where he's like beat meaning beat, down, in the gutter, with all the other scum, i may be adlibbing. That isn't quite Woods but he's def in something of the same wheelhouse.
Er, it occurred to me much too late that the above could be taken in a very wrong way. So let me clarify: scum as in, representing, me. Scumbags, and or scumbag electronics, as in representing where I feel the essence (of whatever) is to be found.

Woods, again, is not there, but is imo not far from there. Kind of an intellectual, right. Burroughs too, of course. These mofos were/are smart. Street smart, but also somehow representing and re-presenting the essential scumbuggery of the human condition. Put him in the pit and we watch the fuckin pendulum. Some class funny shit right there but. Take that interview where Woods professes an almost grudging respect of Rumsfeld a la Known Unknowns, he's like totally taken your ass along for the ride and you're like...is this hip hop?
APPLE
Contact Mic

Post by APPLE »

Danny Brown & JPEGMAFIA 'scaring the hoes' album will keep me occupied for a long time to come. Really wild, rough and disorienting production on this one.
Cementimental
Hard Panning

Post by Cementimental »

NEW VIPER ALBUM which astonishingly is actually a new album with new tracks, as opposed to random slowed down backwards material or unsolicited 4chan mashups !!!

You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack 3

(part 2 is out next year apparently. of course)

as a chaser, I just discovered that in 2010 he made an entire female-vocal R&B album as a practical joke for April fools day !??!?!

cementimental.bandcamp.com - harsh Noise, rough music and circuit bending since 2000ad
disgustingcathedral.bandcamp.com - Dungeon Noise
isntses.bandcamp.com - Intergalactic noise/music
isntses.etsy.com - Psychogeographic noise synths