General release questions/Collector scum circle jerk

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

General release questions/Collector scum circle jerk

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I didn't see any threads for general discussion/questions about physical editions, variants, etc.

I am curious about something in particular, though:
Does anyone know if the original edition of Merzbow's Psychorazer came with an obi strip? I know it included a folded insert, but I've not seen a copy with an obi, although I know some KT releases did have them.

Thanks.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Re: General release questions/Collector scum circle jerk

Post by holy ghost »

This is not noise related but I just found out the Heresy/Concrete Sox LP comes with an insert and mine doesn't and I've had it for 25 years without this knowledge and now I apparently want to buy a second copy with an insert. What a dumb hobby!!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

holy ghost wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:35 pm This is not noise related but I just found out the Heresy/Concrete Sox LP comes with an insert and mine doesn't and I've had it for 25 years without this knowledge and now I apparently want to buy a second copy with an insert. What a dumb hobby!!
Over a decade ago when I was hurting for cash I sold off a handful things from my collection that were missing inserts or had writing on the covers/labels, etc., intending to just re-buy better/complete copies down the road. The collector market being as it is, I don't think I've found affordable copies of anything that I had let go of and quite regret the move.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I traded in my minty fresh CD EP of CC's Hammer Smashed Face for store credit at the local shop ages ago... Now every copy for sale is listed at 50+ USD. Fuck all this shit! I want my goofy cover of Zero the Hero back!
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:44 pmThe collector market being as it is
I sold my Totalitar records in the early 00's and watched prices go nuts! I was only able to buy the reissues back a couple years ago.

It's made it easier to part with stuff I don't need and I've become real patient for the things I'm after.

One has to wonder, is there going to be a point where the vinyl market just goes bust? New vinyl is just at astounding prices, seems like every new record I see is locally is 40-50-60 CAD and nothing fancy!