Sept 15, 2023 - Bob Marinelli/Star/Alberich/Skin Crime

No mosh but the noise mosh.
bobMarinelli
C20

Sept 15, 2023 - Bob Marinelli/Star/Alberich/Skin Crime

Post by bobMarinelli »

hey guys!

I have a show . . . in the NYC!

and Skin Crime is going to be there! As well as Star, Alberich, Half Mortal . . . well, I'm sure you can read the flyer. 6pm start time = day drinking on a Friday in my book, which is the sign of a good life. If you're in the neighborhood, come on out and we'll be noisey. If you're not, travel in to see Skin Crime. How can that be anything other than time well spent??

searchofexit
Contact Mic

Re: Sept 15, 2023 - Bob Marinelli/Star/Alberich/Skin Crime

Post by searchofexit »

Flying in for the whole stacked lineup
bobMarinelli
C20

Post by bobMarinelli »

that's fantastic! looking forward to seeing you there, I'll buy you a beer!
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

Is this still going on? It's Kingland in Greenpoint Brooklyn? I didn't see anything listed on their calendar.
bobMarinelli
C20

Post by bobMarinelli »

It went off. I think, and I’m guessing so you can probably find a better answer from someone who is actually in the know, that the space was rented for the show by International Misanthropy and Fringe. And so it didn’t get loaded into the venue’s marketing machine. So not on their postings, announcements, whatever.

But yeah, it went down. I hadn’t done a show since before the turn of the century, and this was considerably more focused and powerful stuff on stage. I’m down with circuit bent explorations and similar fun, but this was a handful of coordinated attacks on the senses that were genuine and powerful, with some ominous episodes thrown in. I quite enjoyed myself!

I hope you took a flyer and made it out for it! I personally spoke to folks from LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Upstate NY, Vermont, and locals. Of course I didn’t ask everyone where they were from, but it certainly had the feel of a gathering of the passionate.
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

bobMarinelli wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:29 pm It went off. I think, and I’m guessing so you can probably find a better answer from someone who is actually in the know, that the space was rented for the show by International Misanthropy and Fringe. And so it didn’t get loaded into the venue’s marketing machine. So not on their postings, announcements, whatever.

But yeah, it went down. I hadn’t done a show since before the turn of the century, and this was considerably more focused and powerful stuff on stage. I’m down with circuit bent explorations and similar fun, but this was a handful of coordinated attacks on the senses that were genuine and powerful, with some ominous episodes thrown in. I quite enjoyed myself!

I hope you took a flyer and made it out for it! I personally spoke to folks from LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Upstate NY, Vermont, and locals. Of course I didn’t ask everyone where they were from, but it certainly had the feel of a gathering of the passionate.
Yeah I didn't make it. I couldn't get through to anyone in time at the venue or a response here so I opted to not to travel an hour and forty minutes from SI in the event that it didn't go down. I didn't see it posted on Noise NYC either. Know of anyone that took video?
bobMarinelli
C20

Post by bobMarinelli »

Hadn’t heard of Noise NYC before, I’ll have to check it out. I do know that there wasn’t a coordinated effort to get video or audio. It smelled like the task of getting the artists and venue all together in time and on the same page required enough effort by itself.

I DID get audio of all the sets (I think). I’m off on adventure at the moment, I only listened to my set before takeoff. It was pretty much a stereo Room Mic. So basically just like the reverb track in a drum mix. Missing all the presence of the up close mics, so by itself, it’s “meh”. Coupled with say, a board tape, it could be useful.

I also got video of all the sets but mine, but my cameras were cheap and I am Sure they performed poorly in low light. The current gen iPhone stuff I saw was considerably better. My files would be good for B roll stuff at best.

I guess that’s a long winded way of saying No. efforts were made, but mine fell flat.

The other thing to address is how to make sure anyone within reach who has interest is kept up to date on shows. I know for you a quick post here of “don’t forget this is going off tonight!” may have been the answer. What about others in other cities? (Hint: this is a good time to share “I make sure I post it <insert location>/email list alert/take out an ad/whatever).
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

bobMarinelli wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:44 am Hadn’t heard of Noise NYC before, I’ll have to check it out. I do know that there wasn’t a coordinated effort to get video or audio. It smelled like the task of getting the artists and venue all together in time and on the same page required enough effort by itself.

I DID get audio of all the sets (I think). I’m off on adventure at the moment, I only listened to my set before takeoff. It was pretty much a stereo Room Mic. So basically just like the reverb track in a drum mix. Missing all the presence of the up close mics, so by itself, it’s “meh”. Coupled with say, a board tape, it could be useful.

I also got video of all the sets but mine, but my cameras were cheap and I am Sure they performed poorly in low light. The current gen iPhone stuff I saw was considerably better. My files would be good for B roll stuff at best.

I guess that’s a long winded way of saying No. efforts were made, but mine fell flat.

The other thing to address is how to make sure anyone within reach who has interest is kept up to date on shows. I know for you a quick post here of “don’t forget this is going off tonight!” may have been the answer. What about others in other cities? (Hint: this is a good time to share “I make sure I post it <insert location>/email list alert/take out an ad/whatever).
Yeah, had I received a response I would have been there. The shit part about where I a is traversing the BQE at anytime to get to that part of Brooklyn and public is even worse. If you're going to play in NY again I'll gladly come. Hell if you're going to be in NY I'll invite you and yours over for a BBQ!

BTW, you are the 2nd Bob Marinelli I know. My Bob is referred to as "Bob Sauce."
bobMarinelli
C20

Post by bobMarinelli »

now that the whole "fear of the unknown" thing is out of the way, I'm down for playing NYC again. If it happens I'll make sure you know about it, that's for sure. and the BBQ - don't threaten me with a good time! I can help man the grill, or make the cocktails. I have, uh, experience in these things, lol.

I'm the second Bob Marinelli in my hometown. in college the (future) wife sent me flowers to Bob Marinelli on 4th street. it went to Bob "Tullio" Marinelli's business on 4th street by accident. his wife was PISSED! it was a big thing, he came to my house with the flowers, AND his wife. hahahaha.

Bob Sauce? Wings? Ribs? Pasta? Beef 'n chili for burgers 'n dawgs?
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

bobMarinelli wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:13 pm now that the whole "fear of the unknown" thing is out of the way, I'm down for playing NYC again. If it happens I'll make sure you know about it, that's for sure. and the BBQ - don't threaten me with a good time! I can help man the grill, or make the cocktails. I have, uh, experience in these things, lol.

I'm the second Bob Marinelli in my hometown. in college the (future) wife sent me flowers to Bob Marinelli on 4th street. it went to Bob "Tullio" Marinelli's business on 4th street by accident. his wife was PISSED! it was a big thing, he came to my house with the flowers, AND his wife. hahahaha.

Bob Sauce? Wings? Ribs? Pasta? Beef 'n chili for burgers 'n dawgs?
Bob sauce because he's italian and one of our dopey friend morphed marinelli into marinara into "sauce" which he has embraced for years.