Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
NihilBaxter
C20

Re: Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Post by NihilBaxter »

Mind-blowing trip overall! Personal highlights (beside all the amazing food!): Linekraft & saying "hi" to Taylor in person. :---)
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

papp diin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 am What is Dom's role in Departure Chandelier? Listening to the albums I just naturally assumed he did vocals, but watching the videos clearly prove otherwise.
He plays guitar. I don't know how many members of the live line-up appear on the recordings but in Osaka he was playing guitar, the only one wearing a cap on stage that night? :)
papp diin
Blank Tape

Post by papp diin »

moozz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:32 pm
papp diin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 am What is Dom's role in Departure Chandelier? Listening to the albums I just naturally assumed he did vocals, but watching the videos clearly prove otherwise.
He plays guitar. I don't know how many members of the live line-up appear on the recordings but in Osaka he was playing guitar, the only one wearing a cap on stage that night? :)
Heh, he has some chops!
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Japan is amazing. That's almost the complete long and short review. What more can be said?

Major props to Kenny and Adam for getting Machine Parts together. Both nights were great, but that first night... Meeting Fumiyuki Nagura and seeing him perform as Mo*Te was the absolute highlight of the trip for me. I think it's made clear by comments from other people just how special that performance was. We witnessed a rare and moving moment.

I've shared some more scattered thoughts about the fests, shows, and the country in general in the latest episode of WCN TV, but the moral is that everyone needs to visit Japan, absolutely.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I hope I can visit again in the next year or two. Too much ground to cover in only 11-12 days. Barely got to scratch the surface.
papp diin
Blank Tape

Post by papp diin »

The Noisextra recap was a very enjoyable listen - The enthusiasm from the gang borders on emotional and puts in perspective to how huge this was. I was obviously not there but despite of that I'm kind of beaming with happiness knowing that this actually happened. I've tried to formulate this to outsiders but I'm not sure if it's possible. I guess if you know you know.
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

I am very happy to see everyone this happy, still! Everyone in Osaka is still glowing with sheer happiness of all of it. Just today I talked with Higashiseto at Forever Records and he told me it was nice to see people so interested in the noise tapes and all those things, and eventhough it got busy with over 20 people in the small shop everybody was really nice, hah.

Personally it felt like the victory of the Osaka underground scene in total as this was a completely DIY operation. All the kitchen staff, people at the doors, stage crew and sound personel, roadies, every single person besides the Gorilla hall staff was just Osaka underground musicians and such doing this together. And it ran smoothly and beautifully and I have no doubt that if there is any interest to do this again, Osaka will deliver with the same exact love and power in the future too!

Besides seeing all the great bands and artists rip through their sets, my highlight was working with the stage crew. Really loved every second of it and those people ruled and made sure that the schedule was not only on time, but at best almost a full hour ahead, which is something I have never seen in any festival of this size, hah.

Too Long, Didn't Read; was really fun for all of us in Osaka, would do again! So if it happens again, please come because it is totally 10000% worth it.
tunesfromthetomb
Blank Tape

Post by tunesfromthetomb »

junkyardshaman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am I am very happy to see everyone this happy, still! Everyone in Osaka is still glowing with sheer happiness of all of it. Ju

Thanks again for the hand you played in organizing the event at Environment 0g. I also attended the NWN!/Hospital fest and have to say it was one of the greatest few days of my life. A real pivotal moment for the underground. If anyone is interested, I created a vlog of sorts that highlights the events (unfortunately I could not attend Machine Parts).

https://youtu.be/a3c__Bf2jF4?si=xIErIhwTIQvtp6i0
moozz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:23 am sex shop visits (found a Hitomi Tanaka DVD box set with 23 hours of censored greatness)
Very jealous of this, what an awesome find!
confuzzled
C20

Post by confuzzled »

That was great. Thank you!
drinkmaaan
Sound Art

Post by drinkmaaan »

tunesfromthetomb wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 pm Thanks again for the hand you played in organizing the event at Environment 0g. I also attended the NWN!/Hospital fest and have to say it was one of the greatest few days of my life. A real pivotal moment for the underground. If anyone is interested, I created a vlog of sorts that highlights the events (unfortunately I could not attend Machine Parts).

https://youtu.be/a3c__Bf2jF4?si=xIErIhwTIQvtp6i0
Excited to watch!