Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Re: Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Same error (on the 2 day link)

To clarify: The links work, but when trying to submit after adding registration info is when the error appears.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm Same error (on the 2 day link)

To clarify: The links work, but when trying to submit after adding registration info is when the error appears.
I see, let me talk to Soup and hopefully sort it out, sorry about that
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Okay. It's at least somewhat of a relief to know it's not purely on my end after I tried on a couple of different devices and browsers with the same result.

I wonder if it's some kind of regional connectivity issue (making up terms here. I'm not tech-savvy).
Kenny wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:56 pm
Scream & Writhe wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm Same error (on the 2 day link)

I see, let me talk to Soup and hopefully sort it out, sorry about that
We all really appreciate the help, Kenny. Sorry for the trouble on your behalf.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

I had a friend in Japan try and it worked.
searchofexit
Contact Mic

Post by searchofexit »

The BOOKING SUMMARY section just keeps loading not displaying any information. When I clicked the button on bottom I also received the same error notification
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

IDK if they fixed it, but I was just able to secure a reservation using a VPN service.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:15 pm IDK if they fixed it, but I was just able to secure a reservation using a VPN service.
Still not working here, so it must be region-specfic/geo-locked.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Yeah really not sure why, pretty bad with computers myself,
we are trying to get it fixed.

In the meantime, send me a PM here with your name/number and type of ticket/email address/phone number and I will put you on the list this end.
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

The links should be all fixed now..
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Kenny wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:13 am The links should be all fixed now..
Still no dice
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:38 am
Kenny wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:13 am The links should be all fixed now..
Still no dice
Seem to be getting varying results, we are trying to sort the issue, but yeah, anyone having trouble should just PM me or get in touch with Adam if that is easier, and we will sort it this end
Sorry about that.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

If anyone having trouble getting the site to work on their end has access to a VPN, I recommend giving it a shot.
mouthofinfinity
Contact Mic

Post by mouthofinfinity »

Flight and room booked! Anyone else staying at Air Osaka?
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

We're a bit further away in the Ikuno ward. It'll be closer to an hour via transit for us to get to the venue and back each day, but we're spending 8 days in Osaka so two days of extra transit time isn't a big deal for us.
searchofexit
Contact Mic

Post by searchofexit »

I'm staying in Namba district so not too far but a short bus ride after the show
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

searchofexit wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:33 pm I'm staying in Namba district so not too far but a short bus ride after the show
I'll be in Namba as well. I was told it's maybe a 30-45 min. trip to the venue from there. Not too bad.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

The venue is (appropriately?) in an industrial part of Osaka, so I don't think you can get much closer than a ~20-30 minute train ride away.
tunesfromthetomb
Sound Art

Re: Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka

Post by tunesfromthetomb »

junkyardshaman wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:31 pm
Ineffable Slime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 pm I am all booked up, pumped to catch Beherit and Genocide Organ above all but the whole lineup is killer. Planning on being at Machine Parts as well, which is like half my "bucket list" artists. Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3 too. Suppression are touring around... truly wild situation shaping up.

Splitting my time btwn tokyo/osaka/kyoto.
Vomir will also play Environment 0g in Osaka, 4th of April.
Would you happen to have any information such as how to purchase tickets friend? Information online is scarce and Environment 0g do not seem to keep their online presence up to date. Moenos hinted on a NWN post that there will potentially a noise/industrial gig on the 4th which I'm wondering will include Vomir or if it is a separate event. To date nothing has been announced.

Also this being my first post on this forum, I am unfamiliar with proper etiquette. Hello all.
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

tunesfromthetomb wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:48 pm
Ineffable Slime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 pm I am all booked up, pumped to catch Beherit and Genocide Organ above all but the whole lineup is killer. Planning on being at Machine Parts as well, which is like half my "bucket list" artists. Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3 too. Suppression are touring around... truly wild situation shaping up.

Splitting my time btwn tokyo/osaka/kyoto.
Would you happen to have any information such as how to purchase tickets friend? Information online is scarce and Environment 0g do not seem to keep their online presence up to date. Moenos hinted on a NWN post that there will potentially a noise/industrial gig on the 4th which I'm wondering will include Vomir or if it is a separate event. To date nothing has been announced.

Also this being my first post on this forum, I am unfamiliar with proper etiquette. Hello all.
I am putting this up with Moenos, so it is the same event and not a secret, but we will probably announce it properly later.. Tickets can be bought only from the door, but they will be as cheap as possible and there will be plenty of space so no need to stress about it too much.
tunesfromthetomb
Sound Art

Post by tunesfromthetomb »

junkyardshaman wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:52 am
tunesfromthetomb wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:48 pm

I am putting this up with Moenos, so it is the same event and not a secret, but we will probably announce it properly later.. Tickets can be bought only from the door, but they will be as cheap as possible and there will be plenty of space so no need to stress about it too much.
OK wonderful thank you I greatly look forward to it! Keen to see the full lineup when announced ;)

EDIT: Hope to see you do a set as well.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Hoping to ask a couple of questions about Ochiai Soup since we're talking about it (kind of).

I'm gonna be there with a disabled person who deals with limited mobility. Nothing that will stop us getting there and negotiating some stairs but still a thing that'll mark how we travel and that we need to consider. From what I can see the space is just a big square room - are there ever any chairs or stools kicking around somewhere she could sit on throughout the night if we ask in advance or is this something we should try to arrange for ourselves? It would be uncomfortable for her to stand all night and sitting on the floor isn't viable for her. I'll 100% just bring a chair from our hotel if necessary, but it's great to be able to ask in advance.

Also, from my over excited google map street view scouting I can't exactly figure out where the entrance might be?! Only so much I can see from the images though. By the time I'm looking at a yellow fronted awning (billed as Ochiai orthopedic clinic on the map) am I basically there? Next to a chinese restaurant?

Appreciate any tips on this and general stuff it's useful to know for a first time visitor.
fenian
C20

Post by fenian »

adult human wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:40 am Hoping to ask a couple of questions about Ochiai Soup since we're talking about it (kind of).

I'm gonna be there with a disabled person who deals with limited mobility. Nothing that will stop us getting there and negotiating some stairs but still a thing that'll mark how we travel and that we need to consider. From what I can see the space is just a big square room - are there ever any chairs or stools kicking around somewhere she could sit on throughout the night if we ask in advance or is this something we should try to arrange for ourselves? It would be uncomfortable for her to stand all night and sitting on the floor isn't viable for her. I'll 100% just bring a chair from our hotel if necessary, but it's great to be able to ask in advance.

Also, from my over excited google map street view scouting I can't exactly figure out where the entrance might be?! Only so much I can see from the images though. By the time I'm looking at a yellow fronted awning (billed as Ochiai orthopedic clinic on the map) am I basically there? Next to a chinese restaurant?

Appreciate any tips on this and general stuff it's useful to know for a first time visitor.
Entrance down an alley on the left as you approach from the street, should be a few folks milling about and yes next to a Chinese restaurant would be about right.

Some stools at the venue for sure, but might limited sight lines with large crowd and there’s a long staircase down to the club from the alleyway entrance to consider. But staff are all friendly and accommodating, it’ll be grand.

Also concerning limited mobility within train/subway stations considerations allow plenty of time for locating lifts which aren’t always obvious amongst the mass of people.
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

adult human wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:40 am Hoping to ask a couple of questions about Ochiai Soup since we're talking about it (kind of).

Sorry for the late reply,

Yeah as Matt said above Soup is in a basement below a Laundromat and a public bath, next to a Chinese restaurant and down some stairs, will post some updated photos here nearer the time to make sure it`s clear.

we can definitely make sure your friend has a stool to sit on during the event. Have you already reserved your tickets? If not I can do it for you and add a note about your friend.