Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Who's all going to the Hospital fest in Osaka? What are you looking forward to (either at the fests or Japan in general)?

A convenient bookend to the trip will be the Machine Parts fest in Tokyo the following weekend.

NWN started a Q & A post on their Instragram about things to do in Japan surrounding the fest, but if anyone has insights or suggestions on things to do or places to see please feel free to drop them here.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Re: Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka

Post by SS1535 »

I wish I was...
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Gonna be in Japan at the time of the fest but...not going. Ridiculous eh? Not looking forward to attempting to do record shopping with the rest of you fiends in town.
fenian
C20

Post by fenian »

adult human wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:47 pm Gonna be in Japan at the time of the fest but...not going. Ridiculous eh? Not looking forward to attempting to do record shopping with the rest of you fiends in town.
I have at least two or three record stores in Osaka that are off the usual beaten path for you.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

fenian wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:37 pm
adult human wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:47 pm Gonna be in Japan at the time of the fest but...not going. Ridiculous eh? Not looking forward to attempting to do record shopping with the rest of you fiends in town.
I have at least two or three record stores in Osaka that are off the usual beaten path for you.
My man. You've def given me one in the past which is recorded in a txt document! I'll be hitting you for the others nearer to April.
fenian
C20

Post by fenian »

Sent a few more to you just now
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

I am all booked up, pumped to catch Beherit and Genocide Organ above all but the whole lineup is killer. Planning on being at Machine Parts as well, which is like half my "bucket list" artists. Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3 too. Suppression are touring around... truly wild situation shaping up.

Splitting my time btwn tokyo/osaka/kyoto.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Ineffable Slime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 pm Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3.
Do you have any links or further details about this? I’ll definitely try to make it.
WCN
Maniacs Only

Post by WCN »

I was planning on going, but the cold hard facts of life got in the way, and sadly I have to back out. I have 2 tickets I'd love to get rid of if anyone is in need. €185 each - original price paid. Write me at whitecentipedenoise@gmail.com.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Post by Happiness, forever »

For people that enjoy the beer/biere, this looks like a cool spot:
https://www.perfectbeer.info/newshop

Edit: my bad, this place is in Tokyo. I missed that. Srry.
Last edited by Happiness, forever on Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Not noise, but this is happening too:
junkyardshaman
Hard Panning

Post by junkyardshaman »

Ineffable Slime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 pm I am all booked up, pumped to catch Beherit and Genocide Organ above all but the whole lineup is killer. Planning on being at Machine Parts as well, which is like half my "bucket list" artists. Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3 too. Suppression are touring around... truly wild situation shaping up.

Splitting my time btwn tokyo/osaka/kyoto.
Vomir will also play Environment 0g in Osaka, 4th of April.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

adult human wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:13 am
Ineffable Slime wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 pm Vomir and Government Alpha are playing Ochiai Soup on April 3.
Do you have any links or further details about this? I’ll definitely try to make it.
https://www.last.fm/event/4734970+Gover ... +%2F+Vomir

Not much detail yet but I am sure it will be posted to the soup's site soon
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Damn. Would be great to see GA but won't be in the cards for me. I'll be at the big weekend in Osaka, then linking up with The Nausea for some of her tour dates leading up to and including the Machine Parts fest, but otherwise will be trying to take in as much of Japan as possible. All of the shows will be great regardless, on account of seeing and meeting international friends all there for a good time - and that is what I'm most looking forward to honestly.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I honestly expect to stay in my hotel much of the time in Osaka. I don't travel very much. This is going to be the first time I've even left North America. I will surely need a day or two to decompress in a quiet room! I'm just leaving my friend with whom I'm to be sharing a room in Tokyo ahead of the Machine Parts festival to make up our itinerary. Definitely going to hit up some record stores, though. Will be looking for interesting field recording opportunities as well. We will probably bar hop a bit, go to some arcades or bookstores or adult shops or something. I am honestly not that interested in making plans outside the gigs, so I'm easy... Just tagging along and seeing what's there to find without any particular expectations.

Hopefully I can make that April 5th gig... 3 gigs in two weeks! Unfortunately, I can't catch the April 3rd show, which is a shame. It's the same day I fly out from here, and I won't make it until after the show.
mouthofinfinity
Contact Mic

Re: Hospital/NWN Fest in Osaka / Machine Parts in Tokyo

Post by mouthofinfinity »

Still haven’t booked anything, but I’ll be there. Absolutely dreading the flight from New York.
searchofexit
Contact Mic

Post by searchofexit »

I'm going with my wife as for our honeymoon trip for a nice extended stay in Japan. I will probably hit up Government Alpha but will definitely be at the fest and day one of Machine Parts. Does anyone have the flyer for GA? I heard it is at Ochai Soup. Straight up going to be the trip of a lifetime. Almost done booking the last of my hotels. Anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Tokyo for mid-April?
Also, since prices of the Shinkansen went up, has anyone bought a pass? I haven't because I don't think it'll be worth it for the routes we are taking but curious to know how it is beneficial for someone
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Hey, just a post to let you know if any of you have questions about Machine Parts post them here and I will get back to you.

At the moment, we are just waiting for Soup to open up the pre-reservations, It`s run as a volunteer co-op, so sometimes things take a while, and we just had a big 3 dayer to mark the 10th Anniversary of Kelly Chuko`s passing who was instrumental in setting up that venue as the "go-to noise place" in Tokyo.

Anyway, in case you missed it in the "Upcoming gigs" section, it will be 4,000 yen a day or 7,000 yen for the weekend.
We are also doing a pre-fest party at El-Puente in Yokohama on the Friday before Chrysalis, Deterge, Nikudorei, The Nausea, Sektor8, Anti Itch Cream,

Thanks to all who are into coming, it is going to be a fun weekend.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

What is the timing like for each day?
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Ineffable Slime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm What is the timing like for each day?
Haven`t 100% sorted it out yet, but will be something like 16-17:00 open /start to 23:00 on both days
Thomas_B
Contact Mic

Post by Thomas_B »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:10 pm I honestly expect to stay in my hotel much of the time in Osaka. I don't travel very much. This is going to be the first time I've even left North America. I will surely need a day or two to decompress in a quiet room! .
This won’t be the first time I left the continent, but it will be the first time I have travelled overseas solo. Other than the Hospital/NWN and Machine Parts 2 + pre-party, I’m looking forward to just wandering Osaka and Tokyo on foot, checking out food markets, record stores, etc.

If people in the know could please drop record store suggestions here, both common and off the beaten path, it would be much appreciated.
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Here are the links for the Machine Parts ticket reservations

【Day 1】1DAY-TICKET: 4,000yen
https://ochiaisoup.com/?event=2024-04-1 ... day-ticket

【Day 2】1DAY-TICKET: 4,000yen
https://ochiaisoup.com/?event=2024-04-1 ... day-ticket

【Day 1 & Day 2】Two-days ticket: 7,000yen
https://ochiaisoup.com/?event=2024-04-1 ... t%e3%80%91

The site is in Japanese but should be relatively easy to navigate

席数 - Number of Tickets
名前 - Name
電話 - Phone Number
メールアドレス - Email address
コメント - Comment (if needed)

Let me know if you have any trouble
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

Kenny wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:55 pm Let me know if you have any trouble
There was an unexpected network error, please try again or contact a site administrator.
Looks like an issue with the page right now, unfortunately, but I'll keep trying it.
Thanks a lot for the update, though.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the single day ticket pages are working properly? I don't mind eating the extra 1,000 yen if that's how I have to do it, but I'm a little anxious to try them seperately.
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:21 pm
Kenny wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:55 pm Let me know if you have any trouble
There was an unexpected network error, please try again or contact a site administrator.
Looks like an issue with the page right now, unfortunately, but I'll keep trying it.
Thanks a lot for the update, though.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the single day ticket pages are working properly? I don't mind eating the extra 1,000 yen if that's how I have to do it, but I'm a little anxious to try them seperately.
um not sure what the problem is, working for me..
Maybe try going through the Soup website itself.
https://ochiaisoup.com/

Let me know if the problem continues.
Also, it`s just a reservation list, so even if you only reserve the first day, you can pay for both on the door.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

I am getting the same error myself, both two day and single day.