Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
thatonekidatshows
C20

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by thatonekidatshows »

Straight.Panic wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:06 pm Welcome to the party!
If you haven't run across this compilation yet, I think you might find it very enticing/interesting—all New England projects! I helped co-curate/assemble this back in Fall/Winter of 2020 and its really a great snapshot of the potential of New England.

https://watchtowerimprint.com/products/ ... and-2xc120
Woah! Thank you very much for the recommendation. I didn't think there was very much noise around here, so this makes me much more optimistic.

Also, it's cool to see that you're on here. I really dig your work. :)
moron
Sound Art

Post by moron »

Moron, Victoria, BC. Old as dirt but too dumb to quit. Up until 2019 my wife and I were doing house gigs under the Lot 8 banner. We have also done festivals with the most recent being "Dry Sockets" in 2019. Post covid we have been running the odd live stream under #noiseyyj on Twitch. If you are in the area and interested in playing the island get in touch.
nfowleri
Sound Art

Post by nfowleri »

Matthew Stinis, from Montreal. I have a few projects that I work under (Naegleria, U.E., MS, Pelvic Floor, and a couple others.). You can check those out over here ->https://naegleria.bandcamp.com/!
Last edited by nfowleri on Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parasitenurse
C20

Post by parasitenurse »

Samantha, 31, NYC. Been dabbling in making noise on and off since 2008 though just recently started getting more serious with it in the past couple years. I do a cut up project called Parasite Nurse thats slowly turning into a mix of ambient and cut up. I also play guitar in a hardcore band called Cut Short.
ZebraBlood
Sound Art

Post by ZebraBlood »

Ben, 32 , Ohio. Been making noise on and off since 2015ish but been into it since around 2006. Rosebud (industrial noise/PE) is my solo effort which ive been active with for almost 7 years and I also am in Violent Pleasures (americanoise worship) with another individual.
https://rosebud666.bandcamp.com/
elektrik winds
Blank Tape

Post by elektrik winds »

J from Finland. I got into noise more or less 5 years ago. I'm in Disco Pervitin, solo stuff coming out later rather than sooner. Synths & raw punk & beer.
Chris
Contact Mic

Post by Chris »

Chris, 27, Washington, DC. I book noise gigs in the city and mess around with pedals and tapes when I have time.
urall
Blank Tape

Post by urall »

Hi i'm Jim from Belgium. Been playing in grind/hc/.. bands and doing small labels/distro's since i was a teenager.
Most recently i was doing the mailorder Momentumless Identity and since a couple of years i make music by myself as Urall.
Residual / RT
Thrashmaster

Post by Residual / RT »

Lare from Helsinki, Finland. Projects include Residual, VU and Mongrel Tactics. Tapes on out Satatuhatta and Brownhill Mafia. Also play bass in noise-rock band Throat.
RESIDUAL / VU / MONGREL TACTICS / THROAT
electric knife
Contact Mic

Post by electric knife »

Hello there. Happy to be on a Forum again. Hopefully things go well and smoothly here.

I used to run Electric Knife Record Shop in London from 2013 until end of 2016. Now, living in Plymouth and run it as a mailorder only. Used to have a label as well (The 7.17 from West Wittering...) which was/is on hiatus but i guess it is well dead and buried.

ps: I also do the Oblique Tapestry fanzine
electric knife records
noise - experimental - avantgarde
oblique tapestry
a zine for noises, fragmented images and the landscape of social space

https://electrickniferecords.co.uk
Andreas
Blank Tape

Post by Andreas »

Andreas, Kirseberg Malmö Sweden, mid 30's.

Not a super active noisician these days, more a consumer than producer, but am trying to record a new ARKHE album. Also had BACKASVINET and PESTDEMON some years ago.

More active as longhaired rock n roller (bass), in the bands Catachrest and Escumergament. Most recent project is GRAUVÄER. Keeping busy at least.
NihilBaxter
C20

Post by NihilBaxter »

electric knife wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:47 am Hello there. Happy to be on a Forum again. Hopefully things go well and smoothly here.

I used to run Electric Knife Record Shop in London from 2013 until end of 2016.
Oh wow, I've been to that store around 2014 while on vacation, I was just getting into (harsh) noise around that time. That place was so hidden, good thing someone on pure stench forum recommended it.
And I'll never forget asking for recommendations "that are not 100% harsh noise", since I was quite new to that kind of sound, and you (or whoever worked there that day) was like "hmmmmm.. That's a hard one...." haha. Anyways, found some cool stuff there in the end, great store and good memories overall!
PeterJWoods
Blank Tape

Post by PeterJWoods »

Heyo! As you may have guessed from the screen name, I'm Peter. Homebase is Milwaukee, WI.

Mostly release noise under my own name, but also have a number of collaborations with other folks as Phoned Nil Trio, Bridges of Konigsberg, Bachelorette Party, Normal Rituals, and xALLxFORxTHISx.
I also run the FTAM Productions label.

I write about noise a lot too. I had a monthly column called "Awful Sounds and Shitty Jokes" on Bad Copy for a while that I'm hoping to start up again soon. I also do a lot of academic publishing on noise, including a whole dissertation about the Milwaukee noise scene and two concert/workshop series I ran. If you come across any journal articles I've written but don't want to pay $20 for a pdf (please, never pay for academic articles. The authors don't see any of that money), hit me up and I can get you a copy.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Hey Noisedad, what's up!!!!
eternalscorekeeper
Sound Art

Post by eternalscorekeeper »

Dakota, Washington, DC. I’ve been recording under Eternal Scorekeeper onto tape.
Rzortachi
Blank Tape

Post by Rzortachi »

Milwaukee. 39.
Started getting into noise maybe 2007. Started seriously trying to create in 2020. Buying gear, experimenting. I enjoy that noise is utterly a free for all. Working on getting this project (User name) and theme off the ground this year. So far I’ve played one show and want to get more involved. Getting involved isn’t historically my strong suit.
Last edited by Rzortachi on Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electric knife
Contact Mic

Post by electric knife »

NihilBaxter wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am
Oh wow, I've been to that store around 2014 while on vacation, I was just getting into (harsh) noise around that time. That place was so hidden, good thing someone on pure stench forum recommended it.
And I'll never forget asking for recommendations "that are not 100% harsh noise", since I was quite new to that kind of sound, and you (or whoever worked there that day) was like "hmmmmm.. That's a hard one...." haha. Anyways, found some cool stuff there in the end, great store and good memories overall!
haha, at least you found some stuff at the end!!!
electric knife records
oblique tapestry

UNREST
Contact Mic

Post by UNREST »

Hi Ilkka!

Martin. I run Unrest Productions and make music as SHIFT. Spent 20 years in the UK where I ran the label and organised gigs and a festival. Split from the program a couple of years ago and relocated to the forests of southern Sweden where me and my wife are building our compound and make our own rules.
Vivian
C20

Post by Vivian »

Hello.
Vivian, 32, living in the rural east of France (Bresse area. capital of chicken, corn and fog).
Running the label Underground Pollution Records.
making noise as ECOUTE LA MERDE (solo) and BARNUM (duo with Kevin from Fougère label).
sometimes organising noise concerts too, mainly in institutions for mentally disabled people.

Happy to chat with you.
brutalist
Blank Tape

Post by brutalist »

My name is Julius, I'm 30 and from Denmark. Been a noise maniac since I first bought CD's by Atrax Morgue, Whitehouse, MSBR, SPK, Throbbing Gristle, Masonna and the like. I also like metal and operate a label called Brutalist Tapes. Glad to be here!
NihilBaxter
C20

Post by NihilBaxter »

electric knife wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:28 am
NihilBaxter wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:23 am
haha, at least you found some stuff at the end!!!
Not to get that wrong, that friendly employee recommended me some good stuff! ;)
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Welcome, Martin! Glad to have you here.
electric knife
Contact Mic

Post by electric knife »

NihilBaxter wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am
Not to get that wrong, that friendly employee recommended me some good stuff! ;)
No i didn't, not to worry :)

And that guy it must have been me since i couldn't afford to have an extra person working there (which only happened for one weekend when a friend opened the shop for me)

Glad you were happy with what you bough!!!!
electric knife records
oblique tapestry

noisehangover
Contact Mic

Post by noisehangover »

Hello.

I have been listening to industrial and noise for almost 20 years, but only started doing it myself in 2019 as Noise Hangover.
Last edited by noisehangover on Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

electric knife wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:01 am
NihilBaxter wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:35 am
No i didn't, not to worry :)

And that guy it must have been me since i couldn't afford to have an extra person working there (which only happened for one weekend when a friend opened the shop for me)

Glad you were happy with what you bough!!!!
I tell this story all the time but when I first went to Electric Knife the friendly employee was watching cricket for about 5-10 mins before a look of sudden realisation came across his face and he hurriedly put a harsh noise album on. Customer care at its very finest!