Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
keraunograph
C20

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by keraunograph »

Hello.
JH, Montreal.
The Keraunograph Organisation/Ensemble, Nebris, Preterite and various old forgotten relics.
________________________________________________________________________________
https://keraunograph.org
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Osku of Moozzhead here. Finnish but located in Brussels, Belgium. Started a long time ago, stopped, recently started again and loving it more than ever.
MuhSteve
Hard Panning

Post by MuhSteve »

Steve of MuhMur Radio & Dieter Müh here.
Originally from Lincoln but now living in Devon (UK).
Atrophist
Thrashmaster

Post by Atrophist »

D345 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 am Santeri, living in finland since 1994
Got into noise shit maybe around 2011. I'm in Circle of Shit, Junta, Lusters, The Aprils, Disco Pervitin at least. I run small tape label Rupu Tapes.
Hello everyone!

I was linked to this forum by the above member.

Location Helsinki Finland, age over 40. Atrophist is my only project, it's been active for about 5 years or so. Currently trying to find a vocalist for a second, more straightforward power electronics project.

I also organise live events in the Helsinki area, with varying levels of success. The early years were hit and miss, lately it's been going much better, if I say so myself. I like to think of each live event as a part of a series, the current ones I have going are Noise Space (eight so far) and Audible Wounds (two so far).

If you're interested in performing live or collaborating, feel free to DM me.
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

Hi ! Michael from Hamburg/Germany , doing
" Der Bluteimer ".
Almost dead meat (60+) and still love the noise...
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

V from finland (funny to see a lot of us here, lol)
i'm one of the two people running the tape label what's the point records.
i'm addicted to starting bands and play in a lot of projects, primarily death basket and virhe. i also make noise (and collages etc visual art) with the alias raato.
other than that i do some diy show arranging stuff, pet my cats and drink beer. pleasure to meet y'all here
no gods no masters no gender no music
what's the point records kadotus records art
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Ken, 25, from New Jersey. I have been active since about 2016, working primarily under my initials, KPG. Other projects include Remember a Day, Screwicide and Last Day with my Garbage. Also do vocals in the grindcore band Blemish. Sometimes run the label Music Ends Here. Obsessive fan of noise and many of the people commenting in this thread. Happy to be here.
Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
hyena
Sound Art

Post by hyena »

giona vinti, almost 45, northern italy.
been performing and producing stuff for the last about 20 years under various names, my oldest project still ongoing is hyena. started as a solo breakcore act, evolved into a bit more open ended industrial breakbeat meet noise and dark ambient project. i have some records out on various labels, my latest being a 12" on the super cool Cathartic Noize Experience swiss label last summer. i'm one of the founding members of the italian collective\label Rexistenz (RXSTNZ) which i left some months ago to start a micro label on my own (Black Rag Productions).
i played with a couple of bands, Scum from the Sun (industrial, i played the mpc for drums, samples and textures) and Hollow Bone (slow doomy experimental trio, i played an eurorack rig for soundscapes, textures, keys, noise and resampling drum and guitar live).
i put out some stuff with the Fekete moniker (digital folk for lack of better descriptions) and now i also use my real name. i have some records out with it too, a tape on old bycicle records (experimental stuff i dug out of a forgotten hard disk) and two digital releases on Elli Records, the first of them i'm really really fond of because it was an experiment in bringing out a new type of noise music, not droning at all but extremely dynamic, spatialized and full of movement. if you want you can check it out here:
https://ellirecords.bandcamp.com/album/orc

my setup is mainly eurorack but i also have an mpc, akai s950, guitars, amp and pedals, a trogotronic Valkyrie which i just acquired and i'm totally in love with, some effects, some diy stuff, an 8 track reel to reel (fostex r8), some cassette recorders (in particular a marantz pmd 221 i modified to be able to change pitch while recording too, so it can work also as cassette tape echo) but most of all the center of it all is an allen & heath gs3, 24 tracks 8 busses out studio mixer i got for peanuts some years ago. its a beast, takes up too much space but i cannot live without it. i also have an old trusty soundcraft spirit folio sx (now it has about 25 years of service :D ) which i use for livesets.
very nice to be here with fellow noisemakers.

some links:
https://hyena666.bandcamp.com/
https://blackrag.noblogs.org/
https://blackragproductions.bandcamp.com
https://rexistenz.bandcamp.com/
anotherjoin
Sound Art

Post by anotherjoin »

Hi everyone - I'm John, 36, based in the UK. No projects to mention but I'm an on-off enjoyer of noise and experimental sounds. I occasionally post under a similar username on that other noise forum that shall not be named ;)
dominiccoppola
Sound Art

Post by dominiccoppola »

Hello everyone,

I'm Dominic Coppola, 29 years old and based in Pinckney, Michigan. I record primarily under my own name, but am also involved in various different side projects.
pumpensumpf
Blank Tape

Post by pumpensumpf »

Felix, 43, Germany. Currently not any active projects to speak of, at the moment I just like to listen to the sounds.
maaaa
Sound Art

Post by maaaa »

Hello everyone, here is Sergei. Born in Karelia, living in Warsaw since 2009.
My main project MAAAA was started in 2003 and my label Triangle.records in 2005. I'm not very active in field of noise activities last 2 years or so, but I'm not dead either.
Good to see nice new place!
marciume
Contact Mic

Post by marciume »

Hey there!
Here's Attila from Switzerland. I've been playing noise with MeVdA since 2007 and with Mulo Muto since 2013. I also play in Insomnia Isterica (grindcore) and run L'è Tütt Folklor Records.
I haven't been very (re)active on forums since years but I welcome the birth of this new one.
Tarkamt
Contact Mic

Post by Tarkamt »

Cherif from Cairo, Egypt, currently based in Siwa. My main project nowadays is Tarkamt.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Tarkamt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:15 pm Cherif from Cairo, Egypt, currently based in Siwa. My main project nowadays is Tarkamt.
Invisible Hands! \m/
Tarkamt
Contact Mic

Post by Tarkamt »

adult human wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:20 pm
Tarkamt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:15 pm Cherif from Cairo, Egypt, currently based in Siwa. My main project nowadays is Tarkamt.
Invisible Hands! \m/
YUP!
KRB
Blank Tape

Post by KRB »

Kenny. Scathing, Architeuthis Dux (with Tony Duran), Pet Sounds (with Kiran Arora). Austin, TX.
W.K.
C20

Post by W.K. »

Hello. I'm Walter.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

I had no idea there was noise in Egypt. You have my interest...
Tarkamt
Contact Mic

Post by Tarkamt »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:42 pm
You'd think there would be more as it's the 3rd largest city in Africa. Unfortunately, nowadays it's predominately a regressive (and fascistic) monoculture that has no room for taboo smashing / disruptive art of any kind... But there are a handful of mutants lurking around making all sorts of crazy shit, and have been for years. Hell, Halim El-Dabh was making killer abstract electronic / tape music in the 40's.

You could also say noise is a bit superfluous here, at least in Cairo, 2nd loudest City in the world. It's almost continuously at 90 dBs of insanity, 24/7.
raato
Hard Panning

Post by raato »

Tarkamt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:58 pm
You'd think there would be more as it's the 3rd largest city in Africa. Unfortunately, nowadays it's predominately a regressive (and fascistic) monoculture that has no room for taboo smashing / disruptive art of any kind... But there are a handful of mutants lurking around making all sorts of crazy shit, and have been for years. Hell, Halim El-Dabh was making killer abstract electronic / tape music in the 40's.

You could also say noise is a bit superfluous here, at least in Cairo, 2nd loudest City in the world. It's almost continuously at 90 dBs of insanity, 24/7.
i'd love to read more about the noise/experimental music scene in egypt (as well other places unnoticed by the western musical canon, but i'm not expecting you to know it all haha). if you were to make a thread on the subject i'd subscribe to it as fast as humanly possible.
no gods no masters no gender no music
what's the point records kadotus records art
CMSFoundation
Sound Art

Post by CMSFoundation »

Hi, I'm Chris Sienko. I write about stuff when my brain is behaving.

No, there's not going to be an issue 2.

Very glad this board is here, though!
M3nTl_Re5trnt_
Sound Art

Post by M3nTl_Re5trnt_ »

Oi,

Zach Moffat. Milwaukee. I do stuff occasionally when I think they aren't watching me.
Hoping to be able to bug this very calm and unbias community about projects I'm working on soon.

Excited about a refreshing new forum to loiter on!

Cheers
Tarkamt
Contact Mic

Post by Tarkamt »

raato wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:25 pm
Tarkamt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:58 pm

i'd love to read more about the noise/experimental music scene in egypt (as well other places unnoticed by the western musical canon, but i'm not expecting you to know it all haha). if you were to make a thread on the subject i'd subscribe to it as fast as humanly possible.
Not sure I'd call it a scene per se, at least not anymore. Most of the community has immigrated to Europe (*cough*Berlin), or in the process of leaving... But I'll see what I can do.
Whiteboard Maverick
Contact Mic

Post by Whiteboard Maverick »

Mark (1976) from Melbourne, Australia. Noise dilettante.
I run the Index Clean label.
Current: All Ords, Red Wine and Sugar, Voice Imitator
Past: Absoluten Calfeutrail, Absurd Cosmos Late Nite, Arum Lilies, Dead Boomers, Von Einem etc.