Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
murmur
Hard Panning

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by murmur »

Hi all, my name is Ross. Living in Ottawa, Canada, originally from Halifax. I do noise under Murmur, and have performed as a part of Angelsnare. Thanks for setting this up Taylor!
DeathOrgone
Contact Mic

Post by DeathOrgone »

Frederick Maheux. Montreal. My main sonic output is under Un Regard Froid. Also half of CRPS with B. (Hyena Hive, Maussade)
Death Orgone is the outlet for my films, glitch art, experimental video games and analogic collages.
chadkelsey
Sound Art

Post by chadkelsey »

Chad Kelsey aka Nopey Nope.

Mainly an old psych guy who also likes 80s hardcore and most avant- garde jazz/Jandek/American Tapes shit etc.
fowl
Sound Art

Post by fowl »

Ben, 25, Montreal, QC.
Been listening to noise the past few years, but have Chris from buried in slag and debris, as well as screamandwrithe to thank for really getting me into this mess. Played live in the past as Angelsnare with my good friend Ross. Solo noise in the works. Stoked to be here!
alskn
Sound Art

Post by alskn »

Alex, pushing 30, Edinburgh, Scotland. Occasional listener, mostly of Japanese stuff. came to noise mostly from post-rock/field recordings side. Excited to watch this space!
rctr
Sound Art

Post by rctr »

Clemens, 30, German living in Sweden.
I have been primarily been into industrial/pe, and more into noise only in the last 3 years.
I do music sometimes but mostly a listener.
Matthias
Contact Mic

Post by Matthias »

Matthias, midlife crisis in Gothenburg, Sweden. Currently doing music as Arv & Miljö and in Enhet För Fri Musik, part-time member of Heinz Hopf. Involved in too many labels, mainly I Dischi Del Barone and Fördämning Arkiv + I co-run Discreet Music (also a record shop) and Förlag För Fri Musik. Haven't been following the noise scene that closely the last 5 years or so as my taste kinda got bananafish'ed and/or lame at one point, but the passion is still there,
SemiGoodLookin666
Sound Art

Post by SemiGoodLookin666 »

Seany, NYC
No projects, just a fan.
Jackson-Pratt
Felicia Gaggins
Sound Art

Post by Felicia Gaggins »

Hey guys, Felicia Gaggins here in Seattle. Masturbatory Dysfunction is my solo project, started in 2009. Also one half Furniture Worship and one half Pent Up Release. I like to collage and write smut.
Straight.Panic
Contact Mic

Post by Straight.Panic »

Hey y'all. If the handle isn't a dead giveaway:

Thomas, 35, USA
Currently operating out of Providence, RI after stints in New Orleans, Minneapolis, and Anchorage.
STRAIGHT PANIC (PE/Post-Industrial)
SECRET HISTORIAN (Harsh Noise)
T. BOETTNER (Improv/Experimental)
Over the years I've operated the BTNR and Fuck Mtn. Ltd. Release labels. Currently manning Jouissance du Rien.

Used to review for HEATHEN HARVEST and NO FRIENDS
Past projects include: Fire Island Alaska (SC/AK/MN), GASP. (MN), Family Planning (MN/LA), Meth Predator (MN)
To remain quiet like a dead gull at low tide.
baroness-elsa
Sound Art

Post by baroness-elsa »

My name's Erin Altomare, from Vancouver, Canada. I do noise as 1/2 of Molena with my partner Jon, and solo noise just using my name (no solo releases yet, just live performances and a video for last year's online Edmonton noise fest)

I was obsessed with harsh noise for years before I actually started playing it. I just showed up to all the noise shows in Vancouver and took photos with my old 35mm point and shoot camera. Most of the photos are here https://www.flickr.com/photos/roseselavy/
jkv
Sound Art

Post by jkv »

Jaakko V. from Finland here. Noise, experimental, electronic etc. activities since the mid '90s. Active under my own name and as Secret Apex. Currently also a member of the duo-projects Scrap Furnace and Häkki. Looking forward to the discussion here!
thatonekidatshows
C20

Post by thatonekidatshows »

Hey, all! My name is Devin. I am eighteen years-old (a baby, I am told), and I'm based in a small, boring town that is roughly a thirty-minute drive away from Boston. I only personally know a single person who is into noise music, so I'm stoked to get to know all of you.

As for my interests, I'm mainly into industrial and power electronics, but I also dig some harsh noise. I have recently started experimenting with recording my own power electronics tracks, so we'll see how that goes.
GENITAL STIGMATA
Blank Tape

Post by GENITAL STIGMATA »

MATT LØBERG / AZ, USA / 30 / STARTED IN 2007
TOTAL SPECTRAL PULVERIZATION
http://genitalstigmata.bandcamp.com
ASN
Contact Mic

Post by ASN »

Andrew Nolan.
Same age as Kenny and Sam.
Mostly noise adjacent for the past 20 years but not fully retired.
Infrequent poster.
Satatuhatta
Contact Mic

Post by Satatuhatta »

Hi! Vilho from Finland.
Aprapat, The New Boyfriends and Satatuhatta label.
puffy
Blank Tape

Post by puffy »

Hello, i am Magnus from sweden, 44, not doing any noise or music myself but from time to time put together the fanzine Puffy that always feature some noise interviews.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

30 years in noise and yet to fake an orgasm.
Touch Starved
C20

Post by Touch Starved »

Juuso from Finland, I make noise as Touch Starved, relatively new to making noise though I’ve been listening to noise/pe for a very long time. I also play in numerous punk / metal bands in Finland, to name a few; Kuvotus, Instant, Petturi, Claire Voyancé. Really excited to chat with all of you 🙌
Earlyswans
Sound Art

Post by Earlyswans »

Matthew reis. Dayton ohio. 43. I am developer, was teeth collection, have been in a bunch of groups, duos and trios as well. Ran epicene / ESR, and factotum tapes, currantly running bizzaro warrior. Been making noise since the 90s. Active in the scene since early 2000s. Also in a bunch of bands (living room, grackler, bullshit market, disposal unit, ego dealer, and repetitionist. )
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Hey, good to see you, Matt!!!
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Hello!
Tero from Lahti/Finland.

Fairly fresh ears in the game. Been listening to different types of noise for few years now and getting more and more into making noise.

Couple projects in the making but havent released anything yet.

Cheers!
T.D.
Contact Mic

Post by T.D. »

Tom, 34, Philadelphia. Longtime fan of all manner of strange/difficult/stupid sounds, of which Noise obviously figures. Used to run an infrequent label/distro called Crisis of Taste. Currently record solo (T.D.), collaborations with Skinner (many of which end up on his The Gift of Music label or our joint thing We Are One), and as Melkings (junky tape/improv/nonsense with Jim Strong + friends). Have also written about weird music and related for various outlets over the years (most recently Free Form Freakout) and am knee-deep in a long term writing project that is noise-adjacent. As an old friend would say, Avaunt!
Straight.Panic
Contact Mic

Post by Straight.Panic »

thatonekidatshows wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:44 amI'm based in a small, boring town that is roughly a thirty-minute drive away from Boston. I only personally know a single person who is into noise music
Welcome to the party!
If you haven't run across this compilation yet, I think you might find it very enticing/interesting—all New England projects! I helped co-curate/assemble this back in Fall/Winter of 2020 and its really a great snapshot of the potential of New England.

https://watchtowerimprint.com/products/ ... and-2xc120
To remain quiet like a dead gull at low tide.
Parthenon_23
Contact Mic

Post by Parthenon_23 »

Dan, 41, from Edmonton, Alberta. I've been listening to noise since in the womb.
Outside of that, I came to noise through the cutup/audio experiments of William Burroughs and Brion Gysin, Fluxus, Cage and then Wolf Eyes...and there was no looking back...

I made some attempts to make my own sounds in the 2000s, but only really began experimenting, rehearsing and recording regularly last year. Prepared a video for Edmonton Noise Fest in Aug. 2022 as cop/out.
Last edited by Parthenon_23 on Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.