Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
AS.Pearson
Sound Art

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by AS.Pearson »

Hey, I'm Alex Pearson from Halifax - NS.

I've been making death industrial under D/A A/D for almost 20 years now, I also actively make noise as GRY SMK, and In Negatives.

I ran Snapped In Half Tapes for almost a decade.

I see a lot of familiar names here, which is nice!
apneicvoid
Contact Mic

Post by apneicvoid »

Hello -- my name is Daniel, and I run the label Apneic Void Sounds out of (currently) Portland, OR.
My current projects include Lapsed Baptist, no its becky, The Finsterwallies, and have recorded broken dark bedroom pop under the moniker troubled by insects for just over 15 years.

Grateful for the noise community; constantly inspired by the works of so many that are present here.
http://apneicvoid.com | tithe flesh. | Lapsed Baptist | no its becky | The Finsterwallies | troubled by insects
Parthenon_23
Contact Mic

Post by Parthenon_23 »

yullowteef wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:14 pm
Parthenon_23 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:51 pm Dan, 40, Edmonton, Alberta. I've been listening to noise since gestation. As a fully grown human person, I came to noise through the cutup/audio experiments of William Burroughs and Brion Gysin. I made some half-hearted attempts to make my own sounds around 2007-8 but only really began experimenting and recording in earnest late last year.
To me noise, apart from being a very real and valid response to the unconscious human project to "ephemeralize" our home: this planet, is a sort of evocation, a gathering of forces, to make my will manifest and put that out into the world with intent to alter it in some way.
I've got pals in Edmonton. Last time I was there was in 2018 for the Drew McDowall/Hiro Kone/Static Control/k.burwash gig at 99ten. Not sure if we know some of the same people or if you're active in the scene, but either way, looking forward to hearing what you record.
I only know KB (we aren't friends or anything) as I visit his shop a bit. I don't have much of a social life or know anyone here who even knows what noise is--Edmonton is like a big small town in many ways. I will have to look out for shows like the one you mention, as I'm starving for that kind of thing in some ways...thanks for the encouraging words...
Bcknsty
Contact Mic

Post by Bcknsty »

Jim from Pittsburgh, my current project is Slacking and I release some tapes on my label Behind Closed Doors
noisewidow
Sound Art

Post by noisewidow »

Hello my name is Kate I make Noise Widow zine I live in upstate New York. I'm here to keep an eye on things.
Eighth Pillar
Contact Mic

Post by Eighth Pillar »

/
Last edited by Eighth Pillar on Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

noisewidow wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm Hello my name is Kate I make Noise Widow zine I live in upstate New York. I'm here to keep an eye on things.
Careful, I might actually make you a mod.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Parthenon_23
Contact Mic

Post by Parthenon_23 »

baroness-elsa wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 am My name's Erin Altomare, from Vancouver, Canada. I do noise as 1/2 of Molena with my partner Jon, and solo noise just using my name (no solo releases yet, just live performances and a video for last year's online Edmonton noise fest)

I was obsessed with harsh noise for years before I actually started playing it. I just showed up to all the noise shows in Vancouver and took photos with my old 35mm point and shoot camera. Most of the photos are here https://www.flickr.com/photos/roseselavy/
I didn't even know Edmonton had a Noise Festival and I live here(!), so that was enlightening! I took a look for info on anything happening this year in that way and came up empty. I also try to avoid FaceBook, if I can help it (while hypocritically using Instagram), so that might be part of why, also I have no friends (and even less friends "who know what the noise is all about").
SafetyPropaganda
Contact Mic

Post by SafetyPropaganda »

I am Adam Lehrer, a writer, artist, editor of Safety Propaganda, host of System of Systems podcast, author of a book, etc..

I have not made music since my early 20s but I keep abreast of what's happening.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Hello all!

I head about this place through the Special Interests forum. I love noise - listening to it, making it, thinking about it. I am a huge fan of F&V and related projects/labels, and am currently enjoying digging through old Italian industrial releases.

I look forward to discussion!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

SafetyPropaganda wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:46 pm I am Adam Lehrer, a writer, artist, editor of Safety Propaganda, host of System of Systems podcast, author of a book, etc..

I have not made music since my early 20s but I keep abreast of what's happening.
Cool to see that you are posting here. I just found your blog a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Siikala.
SafetyPropaganda
Contact Mic

Post by SafetyPropaganda »

SS1535 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:42 pm
SafetyPropaganda wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:46 pm I am Adam Lehrer, a writer, artist, editor of Safety Propaganda, host of System of Systems podcast, author of a book, etc..

Cool to see that you are posting here. I just found your blog a few days ago and thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Siikala.
Thanks homie.
noisewidow
Sound Art

Post by noisewidow »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:03 pm
noisewidow wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm Hello my name is Kate I make Noise Widow zine I live in upstate New York. I'm here to keep an eye on things.
Careful, I might actually make you a mod.
You should absolutely do that. Although I'm not going to remember to look at the board, and I'm deeply biased and immature, and I like gossip and stupid beefs, whereas I think you're more Canadian on those fronts.
7dirtysounds
Sound Art

Post by 7dirtysounds »

Hi, I'm, David from Germany. I was a member washingmachine-core Noise-Band 900RPM. We released some stuff. Than we released some cooler stuff and played some live shows. Currently I have two solo projects called VERFÜHRERVERGELTER and Traumavore.
I'm intertested in collaborations, splits and live shows where ever possible.
diazepam
Blank Tape

Post by diazepam »

Hello, Mauro from Itay here.
I run Diazepam label and have several projects: Shiver, Deprivation, Spasmo, R/L, Saturnin Sektor....
cheers
fran.jdv
Blank Tape

Post by fran.jdv »

Francesco, Italy.
JoyDeVivre cassettes, Elisha Morningstar, Drug Age...
dertodesking
Contact Mic

Post by dertodesking »

Hey!

I'm Yannis from Montreal, Quebec. I've been producing PE as Come and See for a little over two years and started performing live last year. I'm happy to have found this place (thanks to White Centipede Podcast). Looking forward to discover/share/help/collaborate in any shape or form with everyone!

Cheers!
Lead Lozenges
Blank Tape

Post by Lead Lozenges »

(Karl) Michael Toepfer
40 yrs. old
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
(originally from Germany)
Noise/Sound Art: K.M. Toepfer; Potier.
Label: Lead Lozenges
harmsignals
Sound Art

Post by harmsignals »

Gabe. 30 years old. I'm from Iowa, but am moving to California soon. I've been making noise for about a year and a half now. Current projects are Harm Signals (harsh noise/drone) and Hoodrat Messiah (ambient). Thanks for making this forum!
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

harmsignals wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:54 pm Gabe. 30 years old. I'm from Iowa, but am moving to California soon. I've been making noise for about a year and a half now. Current projects are Harm Signals (harsh noise/drone) and Hoodrat Messiah (ambient). Thanks for making this forum!
Yo!
Boarnoise
Contact Mic

Post by Boarnoise »

33033 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:11 pm
harmsignals wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:54 pm Gabe. 30 years old. I'm from Iowa, but am moving to California soon. I've been making noise for about a year and a half now. Current projects are Harm Signals (harsh noise/drone) and Hoodrat Messiah (ambient). Thanks for making this forum!
When I read Iowa I instantly was like HUH!!!?? Then saw Harm Signals and was like AHH!!
:R4:
Sound Art

Post by :R4: »

Hi. I'm Barry from southwest Ohio, USA. I ran a label for a few years called Fusion Audio around the turn of the century. Recently I brought it back on a very small scale. Glad to find this forum.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

:R4: wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:21 pm Hi. I'm Barry from southwest Ohio, USA. I ran a label for a few years called Fusion Audio around the turn of the century. Recently I brought it back on a very small scale. Glad to find this forum.
Welcome to the forum!!! I moved to Cincy around then, but didn't find out about the local noise scene until 2003. Your label's name is vaguely familiar to me...
Pigswill
C20

Post by Pigswill »

Hey, I'm Pigswill. I'm from Minnesota. Ordering stuff from Scream & Writhe is one of my favorite financial activities.

Lately I've been putting my focus into a small netlabel called moon musiq that puts out compilations of avant garde experimental noise by people on ThisMachineKillsMusic's Discord server. The audio is always free, but we also open up pay-what-you-want on our Bandcamp page which goes directly to charity (which at the time of this writing has been Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), a group dedicated to fighting sex trafficking in the US)
I got Issue #5 and it was great. Looking forward to reading more
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

Pigswill wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:58 pm Hey, I'm Pigswill. I'm from Minnesota. Ordering stuff from Scream & Writhe is one of my favorite financial activities.

Lately I've been putting my focus into a small netlabel called moon musiq that puts out compilations of avant garde experimental noise by people on ThisMachineKillsMusic's Discord server. The audio is always free, but we also open up pay-what-you-want on our Bandcamp page which goes directly to charity (which at the time of this writing has been Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), a group dedicated to fighting sex trafficking in the US)
I got Issue #5 and it was great. Looking forward to reading more
You are the guy from the Sotos Discord, right?