Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
tyhjiø
Sound Art

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by tyhjiø »

Petri from Finland here. Still marginally closer to 40 than 50, 40 is the new 30 anyway. Been into noise and such since the 90's, making sounds on my own since the early 2000's, more actively and with intent since 2015 under the name tyhjiø. I run a (mostly) metal record store/label called The Other Records in Helsinki and also have a DIY micro label called Bitter Insect Recordings. I also play in a bunch of loud bands, music = life. Looking to network / collaborate with other noisemakers and labels so feel free to check out the links on my signature and hit me up, contrary to popular belief I'm a relatively friendly human being. :)
puritanwaste
Hard Panning

Post by puritanwaste »

Hi there.

Stoked to see the new forum. I'm Joel S. I'm an obsessive noise and black metal fan, but most of my musical output of the last decade has been in the electronic/ambient/techno realm. Finally starting to release noise works at age 38, lol.

I live in Portland, OR. Lately my hobbies include listening to a ton of media in my dungeon, hanging out with my cat Mr Socks, and working on music when the inspiration hits. Great to be here with y'all.
PTM Jim
Sound Art

Post by PTM Jim »

Jim. Deterge and Laureate. Runs Fusty Cunt.
I'll probably read most of this, but wont post much because no one actually gives a fuck what I have to say.
PrayerRope
Sound Art

Post by PrayerRope »

Lexi, originally from London, England, now living in Ithaca, New York

best known as Prayer Rope and And the Maiden. One half of Homocidal, a member of The Lethal Temple as Tears of Morning, and a couple other things.
Novisitors
Contact Mic

Post by Novisitors »

Matt Turner here...from Austin, Texas. I run the label Rural Isolation Project. I've been releasing noise under the name No Visitors. I also play guitar in a band called ST 37. Nice to meet you.
Tuomas
Sound Art

Post by Tuomas »

Hi im Tuomas from Finland and have been doing noise just couple years. Have been focusing now more noise recordings, but I also have noisecore/experimental/noise project Lawnmower and Im member of couple grindcore bands Tunkio and Hävitys. Actual noise scene is pretty new thing for me and looking forward do meet new people and projects from this forum.
BIOFILMI/Lawnmower
Tinnitustimulus
C20

Post by Tinnitustimulus »

Tomas. 35. Providence RI USA. Been under tinnitustimulus moniker since 2004 because I dont know better. Posting on noise boards since 2005. Lived in Western New York and Philadelphia before hand.
NoGuard
Blank Tape

Post by NoGuard »

Tom

I’m from Melbourne, Australia. Been making music under the name No Guard for the last couple of years. Fairly new to it all so excited to be in a forum with some people I really admire.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Ryan - 37 years ancient - Ineffable Slime (solo noise); Big Wrench (duo); Fournier's Gangrene (idiot noisecore); Royal Drug (powerviolence) - FREE AGENT (but 1 love to WATERPOWER & Fusty). I help to distro Rumour Rest titles in the US. Currently enslaved by OMICRON but much in the works...

Located in scenic Albuquerque NM - hit me up if you're ever looking to play in NM. We got good food, good beer, an enthusiastic crowd, legal weed and kinda legal mushrooms.

Requisite bandcamp links:
https://ineffableslime.bandcamp.com
https://bigwrench.bandcamp.com/
https://royaldrug.bandcamp.com/
killhippies
Contact Mic

Post by killhippies »

I'm Tony, from Conditioned and Reaper. I currently live in San Diego, but I really got into noise while I was living in Chicago a while back. I haven't been too active the last year or so but I'm working on some new stuff. Excited to see what everyone here has been doing
mostlymayo
Blank Tape

Post by mostlymayo »

Pleasure to be here! My name is Bruce, I'm in my 30s. Can't remember when I first started getting into noise, but I first started experimenting with it in 2010. My main project is Puddle Man (which sounds like whatever the heck I'm in the mood to sound like since I started the project in 2015). I also release much more of my work under different aliases. I also operate the anti-profit noise/experimental/beyond label Mostly Mayonnaise Musicalities, which I've been doing since 2018. Really excited to be a part of this forum!
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Aaron here. I recently moved to Montreal from the Canadian prairies. Been into noise since 2008 going to shows and performing live under various names, though now going forward under the moniker Catholic Stare.
Last edited by Brian O'Blivion on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Artsy_Records
C20

Post by Artsy_Records »

Arttu Partinen from Finland here. Booked tons of shows as part of Mental Alaska since 1999, been involved in the groups Avarus, The Anaksimandros, Maniacs Dream, Munuaissymposium 1960, Hockey Night and Hetero Skeleton. Recorded and performed as Amon Düde for several years, recently mostly under my own name. Started Artsy Records in 2021, originally as an archival outlet for my own stuff, but it has grown and gained momentum pretty fast, loads of goodies lined up for this year already.
Super happy to stumble upon this forum, seems promising!
Zalhietzli
Hard Panning

Post by Zalhietzli »

Hi, I'm Jb, 33, from France. I've been making noise since 2011, mostly with my solo project Zalhietzli. I also briefly ran a label called Zugzwang Productions, even more briefly resurected as Zugzwang Press. Nowadays I make noise instruments as Zugzwang Instruments (gotta keep the brand).
PVT
Sound Art

Post by PVT »

Hi !
My name is Paul van Trigt from Victoria,BC
My noise project is MOT and IDLER
I also do collage /xerox art for noise releases
https://motttt.bandcamp.com/
truetildeaf
Contact Mic

Post by truetildeaf »

I thought I made a post but I don’t see it, sorry if I am doubling up. I’m Roman, 37, from Cleveland, OH, USA. I primarily record and perform as Plague Mother and Slit Throats. I did the Harsh Truths Podcast from 2016-2020. I don’t take myself very seriously but it seems like dudes get emotional whenever I speak so let’s see how being on an Internet forum goes…
skn
Sound Art

Post by skn »

Lars K.
from Germany 44 years old and active in making mostly Black Metal music since 1991 found to noise in the mid 90ies and love it since then.
BrachliegenTapes
C20

Post by BrachliegenTapes »

Greetings!
Given name is Dom, and I operate Brachliegen Tapes with my mate George Rayner-Law out of Deal/London, UK. Feel free to send us any demos:
https://brachliegentapes.bandcamp.com/
Noise output as Vinegar Tom. Hope to be a regular lurker.
Exclusionzonedayton
C20

Post by Exclusionzonedayton »

Hello, I’m Rusty from Dayton, Ohio. I’m a few weeks away from 50. Got into industrial/noise in the mid 80’s, discovered harsh noise around 94. Started recording around 97. I perform as Exclusion Zone (2020) and Noisteria Emission (2003). I was a hermit from the late 90’s until 2017. It’s been great the last few years meeting new people and catching up on what has happened during my hermit years.
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Hey, I'm Kenny, a 48 year old English ex-pat living in Tokyo, Japan for the last 25 years or so.
Started making noise under the name Facialmess in 96-97, was also a member of the noisecore band Nikudorei.
Currently recording more rhythmic stuff as Like Weeds and working with Adam Jennings (Winters In Osaka etc.) as Our Wrongs.
Atearlessglitter
Sound Art

Post by Atearlessglitter »

Colin. 7.5 inches. Uncut. DTF. Prefer femme boys/twinks/traps. Chems; Vomir; Peter Bagge comics; The Smiths; cooking; frottage; animal rights.
I don't make noise but if I did my first release would be called, Salvidor Dali Sells Hotdogs in Heaven. ACAB.
Buried_slag_debris
C20

Post by Buried_slag_debris »

Hi - I'm Chris,
I am the other co-editor of Untitled Zine, and I run a small label called Buried in slag and debris.

Raised in Sydney, NS, and I have been residing in Halifax for for an equal amount of time. Sometimes I go under the name rhoda. Worked at a record store for about a decade … in the early 00s, and would carry noise releases there. Make occasional noise when I can, but focus more on releasing.

Thank you to Taylor for starting this forum!

https://buriedinslaganddebris.bandcamp.com

https://buriedinslaganddebris.bigcartel.com

https://www.instagram.com/untitledzine
https://www.instagram.com/chrisgibson
Last edited by Buried_slag_debris on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE RITA HN
Sound Art

Post by THE RITA HN »

Name: Sam McKinlay
DOB: 1973
Projects: THE RITA, BT. HN.
Label: LAKE SHARK HN
Last edited by THE RITA HN on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYHJP
Contact Mic

Post by TYHJP »

Räkis from Oulu, Finland. Been doing noise as Tyhjä pää since 2014. Also playing in some bands and stuff.
New Forces
Hard Panning

Post by New Forces »

Stefan
New York City
Run a label called New Forces
Perform solo as Kjostad and Breaking The Will
In the groups Form Hunter and Cryocene
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad