Introduce yourself

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
dissidens
Sound Art

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by dissidens »

Greetings! I'm David, currently living in Portugal.
Noise/industrial/experimental/ambient lover.
Created and participated some projects over the years
sxxxxxe
Sound Art

Post by sxxxxxe »

Hello - I'm Joe. Few years away from 40. Living in northwest NJ, technically the Lehigh Valley, where punk/hardcore/grind/noise does not (no longer?) happen. There used to be decent hardcore shows at illegal venues and warehouses, but that was 15-20+ years ago. If it's still happening I'm very unaware. I think I need to start driving to Wilkes Barre and New Brunswick.

I try to keep up with what's happening on Instagram, but I'm disliking that spot more everyday. Happened to go on Facebook today after years of not using it and saw an old post for this forum. I was just (again) complaining to a friend about the lack of forums, and now here I am.

Been messing around with equipment for probably 10 years now, started trying to record and release things on my own around 7 years ago under my real name. May change that soon.

Thanks for starting this!
ThreadsOriginalSoundtrack
Sound Art

Post by ThreadsOriginalSoundtrack »

Hello everybody,

This is Paul in London, UK.

I'm now recording and performing as Threads Original Soundtrack. Previously as Dachise and The Digitariat.
James Thompson
C20

Post by James Thompson »

ThreadsOriginalSoundtrack wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:05 pm Hello everybody,

This is Paul in London, UK.

I'm now recording and performing as Threads Original Soundtrack. Previously as Dachise and The Digitariat.
just checking out some of your stuff, love it. i'm looking for more london noise musicians to discuss our horrible little hobby with - hopefully we'll run into each other sometime!
mouthsagape
Sound Art

Post by mouthsagape »

hello. i'm maggie in brooklyn. thrilled to be back on forums again. recording and occasionally playing as mouths agape. also write about noise and black metal sometimes. looking forward to being irresponsible in the classifieds here.
noisecactus
Contact Mic

Post by noisecactus »

Hey I'm Matt, from Vancouver originally, now living in Poland. I mostly listen more than make noise but I muck around here and there. No releases as yet, just a hobby.
insufficientdespair
Blank Tape

Post by insufficientdespair »

Hi, I'm Ryan aka Insufficient Despair. I'm based in Torrance, California. I don't have any formal releases yet. Been enjoying the ride going to and playing shows, sometimes booking one here or there.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

insufficientdespair wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:50 pm Hi, I'm Ryan aka Insufficient Despair. I'm based in Torrance, California. I don't have any formal releases yet. Been enjoying the ride going to and playing shows, sometimes booking one here or there.
You're not too far from me, all things considered. Post if you come do a show down here in San Diego!
D Allen
Sound Art

Post by D Allen »

Hello. I'm Dean.
I'm in Los Angeles, the Valley. been into Noise 9 years now.. listen mostly ; just started making my own noise.. Fun learning curve.
insufficientdespair
Blank Tape

Thanks for the warm welcome. Are you in a project, I don’t book very often but that might change. But likewise, if you play out in Los Angeles, lemme know. *Aside* anyone who books in San Diego, I’d love to play.

I’ve approached Stay Strange in the past but haven’t heard back from them recently. Nevertheless, I’ll post in Shows and reach out to you if/when I do!

cheers,
id
SS1535 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:10 pm You're not too far from me, all things considered. Post if you come do a show down here in San Diego!
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

insufficientdespair wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 am Thanks for the warm welcome. Are you in a project, I don’t book very often but that might change. But likewise, if you play out in Los Angeles, lemme know. *Aside* anyone who books in San Diego, I’d love to play.

I’ve approached Stay Strange in the past but haven’t heard back from them recently. Nevertheless, I’ll post in Shows and reach out to you if/when I do!

cheers,
id
SS1535 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:10 pm You're not too far from me, all things considered. Post if you come do a show down here in San Diego!
Yes, I am 1/2 of an industrial project called Mindcrawler---we are hoping to organize a debut show sometime later this year (probably in the San Diego area)!

Stay Strange is a great guy, but he seemingly goes from booking no shows to a nice handful all at once. Not sure when you reached out, but right now feels like a pretty slow time for him (he did a few nice events in the last few months, though).

Is there somewhere to hear your recordings?
HHP
Sound Art

Post by HHP »

Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Shaan aka HHP, 23, currently located in Mason OH. Been making free improv guitar-based noise since 2016 (back then it was The Human Hot Pocket). Started out with a noise collective called Noise Samurai/Static Swords, then did some tracks on my own and with local punk act Soy before becoming a full member, recently started my own post-rock/noise act Juicebox after our first practice was good enough to be an album, and am still making guitar based noise today. Got a double album out in a little under two weeks inspired by a recent watch of fist of the north star https://hhpnoise.bandcamp.com/album/south-star-pummeler, and currently compiling ideas for a fnaf based noise record. Big fan of basically all music, currently doing a deep dive into neil young rn.

Excited to discover new stuff and share my stuff with y'all here!
insufficientdespair
Blank Tape

I've got a a live recording of an earlier show last year at https://insufficientdespair.bandcamp.com

You can watch my most recent live set here (as well as the other great acts I shared the bill with).

http://screamandwrithe.com/forum/viewto ... 853#p10853
SS1535 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm Is there somewhere to hear your recordings?
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

insufficientdespair wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:46 pm I've got a a live recording of an earlier show last year at https://insufficientdespair.bandcamp.com

You can watch my most recent live set here (as well as the other great acts I shared the bill with).

http://screamandwrithe.com/forum/viewto ... 853#p10853
SS1535 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm Is there somewhere to hear your recordings?
Cool---I will check them out!
daniel1
Sound Art

Post by daniel1 »

Daniel / 29 / Denton, TX
i set up noise shows and play noise under my own name (Daniel Ryan), started the 6-piece noise unit Dealey Plaza with Nathan Golub, and have a few other projects here and there. mostly no input mixer/whatever kind of feedback. i don't release much but i've been setting up noise/experimental music shows in Denton for like 7 or 8 years.
erdgirl
Sound Art

Post by erdgirl »

Hi I'm Izzy, mid 20s trans gal from Ohio. Super involved in the noise rock and hardcore scene here in Columbus, but also quite interested in PE/HN stuff, plus wanna incorporate elements of harsher PE stuff into my next noise rock project. Been listening to HN/PE on and off since 16.
1000mL
Sound Art

Post by 1000mL »

Vancouver, BC, Canada

My name is Chris. I got bored of metal years ago and needed something harsher and less limited.
After being forced to listen to music at various jobs throughout my adult life, as well as in ads and public spaces, I need noise to stay sane.

I make music under the name MEANINGLESS.
https://meaninglessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/sophophobia

I hope you're having a good day, whatever that is.
papp diin
Blank Tape

Post by papp diin »

Howdy. Yet another finn, decided to start actually communicate with people about this thing i've been obsessed with since I was a teenager. I practise noise but am okay at best. I won't be doing a show anytime soon, but it's a little goal I do have in mind!! It's not until now that I've secured the means to record, play loud and maybe even buy more gear, so I decided I'm actually gonna go for it this time instead of just considering it for another ten years.
MinSen
Sound Art

Post by MinSen »

Hi all, I am Minimum Sentence, UK-based power electronics / experimental noise artist. Very happy to see that BB forum format is not (completely) dead.
Minimum Sentence - UK Disquieting Electronics:
Youtube - Soundcloud - Bandcamp - Instagram