Punk/Hardcore

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Re: Punk/Hardcore

Post by Scream & Writhe »

Happiness, forever wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:50 pm CDs I wish existed:
Infest - anything, please, please
It's kind of crazy to think that there hasn't been an Infest discography CD yet. Shouldn't be too hard to make happen. Wasn't a discography (2LP?) on one of the perpetual "coming soon" lists Deep Six had going?
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Post by Happiness, forever »

Very little of the works of the folks behind those bands is on CD it wld seem, most of it being 7” and 12” (not LP… 12” ha!). Fucking purists ha!
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

My band is hitting the road in a few weeks, come say hi. We got shirts cds patches and poppers and a flat of shoplifted elf bars. S/o MRR comparing us to Capt Three Leg and Spazz

Royal Drug 2023 Summer Jam
August 19 - Longhair Records - Abq NM
August 20 - Rubber Gloves (w. A Fail Association, Dealey Plaza and a ton of other rippers) - denton TX
August 21 - 89th st - okc OK
August 22 - the whiskey ring - st louis MO
August 23 - [venue tba, think its a house thing] - chicago IL
August 24 - [see above] - kansas city
August 26 - D3 (w. Spine, Gag, Portrayal of Guilt, Cloakroom, The Consequence and more) - Denver CO
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:01 pm
It's kind of crazy to think that there hasn't been an Infest discography CD yet. Shouldn't be too hard to make happen. Wasn't a discography (2LP?) on one of the perpetual "coming soon" lists Deep Six had going?
Vinny had done a great discography on his blog - http://bloggedquartered.blogspot.com/20 ... tered.html - like everything from that age the links expired. This was such a good blog!
sinkhole
Contact Mic

Post by sinkhole »

pulled out this one the other day and was blown away once again. nisses nötter cover to finish it off as well. members went on to play in equally great bands like herätys, infernöh, profoss among others.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

holy ghost wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:54 pm
Scream & Writhe wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:01 pm
Vinny had done a great discography on his blog - http://bloggedquartered.blogspot.com/20 ... tered.html - like everything from that age the links expired. This was such a good blog!
A-ha - and right there it says, circa January 2010:
I think this is going on year 10 that Deep Six Records has had the Infest discography on it's "coming soon" list
So we're now at about year 23. The Neandethal discography was on that Deep Six "coming soon" list for an eternity and we finally got it in 2017, so I'd say there's still hope.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:31 amSo we're now at about year 23. The Neandethal discography was on that Deep Six "coming soon" list for an eternity and we finally got it in 2017, so I'd say there's still hope.
I really never thought that Neanderthal discography would ever exist either. I also foolishly sold my Totalitar stuff in the early 2000's and I'm glad that's been making its way back into circulation.

It's shocking some of the bands that have never had stuff reissued. Assuck I get because SH won't allow it, but HHiG LPs being totally out of print? Crossed Out? Septic Death?

At one point I thought what would be amazing was a MASSKONTROLL discography DLP, I even contacted Kelly who said it would be an insane amount of work to transfer those tapes etc and some were not accessible. I don't know if I could have afforded to do an album of that scope, but that would be my dream project to undertake if I didn't have money to worry about.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

holy ghost wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:46 pm It's shocking some of the bands that have never had stuff reissued. Assuck I get because SH won't allow it, but HHiG LPs being totally out of print?
Prank used to be great at keeping things in print.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Scream & Writhe wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:00 pm
holy ghost wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:46 pm It's shocking some of the bands that have never had stuff reissued. Assuck I get because SH won't allow it, but HHiG LPs being totally out of print?
Prank used to be great at keeping things in print.
I didn't even realize that was a thing until I saw a copy of 15 Counts of Arson in shop recently for $80
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Cassettes have replaced the CDs in the hardcore world, vinyl still king.
Why wont Steve Heritage let the Assuck material back in print?
I was friendly for a period with Paul, the drummer for Septic Death, he had told me that the rest of the band absolutely hates that their material isn’t easily available, to the point of them being highly obscure.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

It's crazy to me that anyone would pay collector's prices for "mystery meat" vinyl.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Happiness, forever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pm Why wont Steve Heritage let the Assuck material back in print?
I don't know the specifics but he has refused to let it be reissued, and doesn't like to even talk about it?

I still remember the first time I heard Anticapital, I was very young and bought it because it looked really cool, it was like the most insane thing I'd ever heard after that intro....
Happiness, forever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pmI was friendly for a period with Paul, the drummer for Septic Death, he had told me that the rest of the band absolutely hates that their material isn’t easily available, to the point of them being highly obscure.
Is this a Pushead thing or other factors at work?
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

holy ghost wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:04 pm
Happiness, forever wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pmI was friendly for a period with Paul, the drummer for Septic Death, he had told me that the rest of the band absolutely hates that their material isn’t easily available, to the point of them being highly obscure.
Is this a Pushead thing or other factors at work?
Oh srry, i realize i didnt make that very clear. Yes, it is COMPLETELY a Pushead thing. He is the massive factor. Prank was supposed to release the SD discography buuuut once they finally did it was stupidly limited numbers and only available at a Pushead event, Hyperstoic something something 2018. I see a copy sold on discogs for over $1500…! So Very Punk!!!
I feel like Pushead treats SD like they were an art project only meant for wealthy collectors. 🤷🏻
And that sucks cuz they are an amazing band, so very very unique. No one sounds like them to this day, that i know of and if you know a band that is like them send me their way.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Happiness, forever wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:05 amYes, it is COMPLETELY a Pushead thing.
Wow this sucks. I really loved Septic Death in my teens and was fortunate to be able to pick up the LP and the Kichigai 7" for dirt cheap (plus I have the Desperate for Attention 7" with no FLEX zine somehow) as well as the Cleanse The Bacteria LP and I started buying those Bacteria Sour releases but had to curb that because it seems like a very expensive hobby. Septic Death were a very unique group and you're right, they sound like no one else.

Favourite Pushead covers: SD "Kichigai 7", Damad "Rewind/Manmade" 7", Wasted Youth LP, Hirax "Raging Violence" LP and the RATTUS LPs. Oh and the Doctor Octagon LP.....
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

It was 1987, I was 16, and someone dumped a huge stock of Pusmort Records (& related) on a local head shop a few blocks from where I lived. I scooped em all up. Septic Death (og 12” and the expanded repress LP), Thrash Till Death comp (GAUZE!!), Inferno, Inferno/Execute split, Cleanse The Bacteria (Siege!!!), Attitude Adjustment, Christ On Parade, and some others like a cpl 7”s that were “hidden” in with the Lps. What a glorious moment that was!

My favorite Pushead cover is the s/t LP by Haymaker
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Happiness, forever wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:09 am “hidden” in with the Lps.
When I was much younger I paid like $20 for a cool Pusmort flexi with Outo, Ghoul & SOB - I thought it was some super obscure thing (no discogs in the 90's) but it turns out it's the bonus flexi of the Pusmort Sampler 7" so now I have a very incomplete sampler - I really someday want to find one that's cheap but of course it's always like $50 for a 7" I don't really need.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

I got those, part of the haul I described, both 7”s together inside one of the LPs, i forget which.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Also I LOVE the hell outta that Haymaker LP/CD… i wish there was a collection CD of all their 7”s
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Somehow thru all these years I missed Gouka, only recently finding out abt them thru Dropdead…. Wtf?! is wrong with me and my life, Jeez, you’d think there was like a bazillion bands out there … 🤷🏻🫠
This band is gawdamb INTENSE AF! The amount of energy this band exhudes…! Reminds me of Gauze, not the sound but the intense energy, but where Gauze has some melodic sensibilities makes it fun…. Gouka has an unhinged singer and the band is solidly in the unrelenting Discharge to Japan school of HC. Good fughhin stuff!! 👍

*why how i post video? It no work for me….
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Speaking of Dropdead, I picked up the Exploding Corpse Action LP on Armageddon recently, featuring Devon from Monster X and damn that shit was GREAT. Like seriously great, raw with some serious riffs. Went through the Monster X 7" and those fucking ruled too.
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Love the name….
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

RIP Sakevi
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

Wait!! What???! For real?!
Happiness, forever
Thrashmaster

RIP Sakevi
Legend!
ChicagoAnimal
Hard Panning

Post by ChicagoAnimal »

I have been diving into a lot old Finnish hardcore lately.

Anyone a fan?