Extreme metal (death/black/etc)

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
moozz
Hard Panning

Re: Extreme metal (death/black/etc)

Post by moozz »

holy ghost wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:17 pm New Tomb Mold FUCKS hard. Reminiscent of "Human" era Death with some Atheist touches. Wow. Yes. Really solid and the bass playing fucking slaps.

New Blood Incantation single also fucking rips! One DM tune and one synth piece. Gotta get that 12"!!!!!!
I liked the earlier Tomb Mold stuff but in my book "reminiscent of Human era death with some Atheist touches" would mean it is too technical in the wrong way. I liked Death up to Spiritual Healing and Atheist was always too technical. But I gotta give it a chance, maybe my brain will pick up different details than yours and it is nothing like Death/Atheist to me :)

That synth ambient 12" (or did it count as a full length?) Blood Incantation released was pretty ok but nothing stellar. But like with that new Tomb Mold, definitely need to give this a listen!
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

I am curious to hear what other people think of the new Tomb Mold. I have always liked them but this has so many interesting elements to it, I've been jamming it in my car non stop all week. Lots of shimmery guitars and really twisty riffs happening. For me it's my favourite thing they've done hands down.

I really love the super hyper tech shit like Decrepit Birth and Thaetas but this seems to have more of a groove to it as well which keeps it from falling into that hyper-technichal-progressive-death-metal category. Chef's kiss!!
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

holy ghost wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:17 pm New Blood Incantation single also fucking rips! One DM tune and one synth piece. Gotta get that 12"!!!!!!
Band is on another level which I highly appreciate.

New USHANGVAGUSH is wild. Only really delving into their work as of late. That "Mntu" album is just so on the ball for me.
https://ushangavash.bandcamp.com/album/pestmoqon-3
Walpurgisnacht
Contact Mic

Post by Walpurgisnacht »

holy ghost wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:54 am I am curious to hear what other people think of the new Tomb Mold. I have always liked them but this has so many interesting elements to it, I've been jamming it in my car non stop all week. Lots of shimmery guitars and really twisty riffs happening. For me it's my favourite thing they've done hands down.

I really love the super hyper tech shit like Decrepit Birth and Thaetas but this seems to have more of a groove to it as well which keeps it from falling into that hyper-technichal-progressive-death-metal category. Chef's kiss!!
Genuinely surprised as how polarizing it seems to be. While it definitely pulls in a lot more elements that influenced Derrick in Dream Unending, some people (on the more juvenile end of the spectrum - not those simply content to say they don't like it and move on) are acting like they've never heard Atheist or Nocturnus before.

I hate jangly bullshit in my death metal probably more than anyone, but the record is such an enrapturing listen for me and they've all channeled their talents well over the years.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Been listening to Perverted Ceremony (BE) lately and this kinda black metal is for me.

On another forum someone said: "They sound like Beherit thats bit too stoned!" and thats exactly what it sounds like haha!
Lo-fi, bit all over the place, repetative, weird and what not.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Namahs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 am Been listening to Perverted Ceremony (BE) lately and this kinda black metal is for me.

On another forum someone said: "They sound like Beherit thats bit too stoned!" and thats exactly what it sounds like haha!
Lo-fi, bit all over the place, repetative, weird and what not.
I love this band - I particularly enjoyed the 12" with the goat with the giant balls on the cover. I didn't get that last 7" from them but I'd like to very much one day.
SafetyPropaganda
Contact Mic

Post by SafetyPropaganda »

Tomb Mold is very corny.

Some recent records of these genres I liked:

Khanate - to be Cruel (mindblowingly good, honestly not sure how they pulled this thing out after so long away, could be the best Khanate ever and miles ahead of anything the band's various members have done, doom metal taken to its absolute abstract limits)
Auld Ridge - Folklore from Further Out (extremely talented black metal artist, doesn't betray the genre while absolutely bringing some needed originality to it, the way he does folk and metal tracks on the same record you'd think would be contrived but it flows beautifully and every single album is essential and complete)
Akitsa - Devenir la Diable (Pierre still great)
Profanatica - Crux Simplex (Ledney is a god)
Trha - Lhum’ad’sejja (one man band by Damian Ojeda)
Hostol -Lange Leven Doden (SHining's vocalist Niklas and some other vets get back to satanic basics, so to speak)
Blut aus Nord (despite having been a Pitchforkified Brandon Stosuy esque blogosphere darling, this motherfucker just keeps getting better, this new record is incredible, as surreal and bleak as anthing he's ever made)
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

SafetyPropaganda wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:14 pm Tomb Mold is very corny.

Some recent records of these genres I liked:

Khanate - to be Cruel (mindblowingly good, honestly not sure how they pulled this thing out after so long away, could be the best Khanate ever and miles ahead of anything the band's various members have done, doom metal taken to its absolute abstract limits)
Auld Ridge - Folklore from Further Out (extremely talented black metal artist, doesn't betray the genre while absolutely bringing some needed originality to it, the way he does folk and metal tracks on the same record you'd think would be contrived but it flows beautifully and every single album is essential and complete)
Akitsa - Devenir la Diable (Pierre still great)
Profanatica - Crux Simplex (Ledney is a god)
Trha - Lhum’ad’sejja (one man band by Damian Ojeda)
Hostol -Lange Leven Doden (SHining's vocalist Niklas and some other vets get back to satanic basics, so to speak)
Blut aus Nord (despite having been a Pitchforkified Brandon Stosuy esque blogosphere darling, this motherfucker just keeps getting better, this new record is incredible, as surreal and bleak as anthing he's ever made)
Totally missed that Profanatica album---awesome stuff!
MND
C20

Post by MND »

New releases out now at Keepers of the Flame

Pseudotsuga - Wolfish Rehearsal '23 CASSETTE

After their excellent debut demo "Forest Magick", the canadian Black Metal duo Pseudotsuga is finally back with a short but powerful demo, Wolfish Rehearsal '23 is an ode to the mother nature, a spell casted from the coldest depths of the forest.

Professionally duplicated solid pale purple cassette with sticker on the shell, professionally printed single j card, comes in a single clear case. Limited to 50 copies.

Buy here
Sample here

Starcave Nebula - "Boastful Black Metal" Demo XIII CASSETTE

New demo release by Starcave Nebula after this year excellent splits with bands such as Trhä, Absolute Key and Mars Creation, "Boastful Black Metal" is another psychedelic journey of Raw Black Metal improvisation, it could be a travel in this vast universe or futuristic hallucination. Listen at night for a better experience.

Professionally duplicated transparent dark blue cassette with sticker on the shell, professionally printed double sided j card, comes in a single clear case. Limited to 50 copies.

Buy here
Sample here
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

MND wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:42 pm New releases out now at Keepers of the Flame

Pseudotsuga - Wolfish Rehearsal '23 CASSETTE

After their excellent debut demo "Forest Magick", the canadian Black Metal duo Pseudotsuga is finally back with a short but powerful demo, Wolfish Rehearsal '23 is an ode to the mother nature, a spell casted from the coldest depths of the forest.

Professionally duplicated solid pale purple cassette with sticker on the shell, professionally printed single j card, comes in a single clear case. Limited to 50 copies.

Buy here
Sample here

Starcave Nebula - "Boastful Black Metal" Demo XIII CASSETTE

New demo release by Starcave Nebula after this year excellent splits with bands such as Trhä, Absolute Key and Mars Creation, "Boastful Black Metal" is another psychedelic journey of Raw Black Metal improvisation, it could be a travel in this vast universe or futuristic hallucination. Listen at night for a better experience.

Professionally duplicated transparent dark blue cassette with sticker on the shell, professionally printed double sided j card, comes in a single clear case. Limited to 50 copies.

Buy here
Sample here
Raven killing it.