Genocide Organ

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Genocide Organ

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Pretty sure I'll never be able to collect all their vinyl releases I want. Shipping is at least better for me thanks to Tesco-USA, but given how many acts I'm already following, the high prices and forced scarcity often put it out of my budget. I just want to listen to them, not make an investment. At least it's virtually all available digitally, though. Which unless it's on vinyl, is how I listen to most music these days.

Anyhow, Obituary of the Americas is awesome.
-NRRRRK-
Hard Panning

Re: Genocide Organ

Post by -NRRRRK- »

Bought a couple of their CDs last year, due to the insane prices of the vinyl editions. At least the CD editions are very well done as well, beautiful packaging.

Great project, loved all I've heard of them so far.
totalblack
Hard Panning

Post by totalblack »

I’m not sure if “forced scarcity” is a term that I think is applicable- there are a couple thousand copies of most of the full lengths. This is more than nearly any other noise / industrial act manufactures. Sure there are ridiculously expensive and hard to get variations and editions, but nowadays most of the essential material is available for a reasonable price- aside from a few exceptions. If you wanted to try and get a copy of anything 15 years ago you were basically shit out of luck.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

totalblack wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:23 am I’m not sure if “forced scarcity” is a term that I think is applicable- there are a couple thousand copies of most of the full lengths. This is more than nearly any other noise / industrial act manufactures. Sure there are ridiculously expensive and hard to get variations and editions, but nowadays most of the essential material is available for a reasonable price- aside from a few exceptions. If you wanted to try and get a copy of anything 15 years ago you were basically shit out of luck.
You're right, I just did a google search and found a number of their albums for sale on vinyl at reasonable prices. Wow.
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Material like GO is stuff I’d much rather hear on a digital format to be honest. I’m not going to turn down an lp copy of Lechenlinie if it comes my way but still, overall I’d prefer a cd of their stuff.
violentgrief
Contact Mic

Post by violentgrief »

Genocide Organ are a fairly new discovery to me. I knew the name but only just started paying attention.

I can't find much information about them. Apparently they only did one interview in Descent magazine which of course isn't online anywhere.
Chris
Contact Mic

Post by Chris »

violentgrief wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:25 pm I can't find much information about them. Apparently they only did one interview in Descent magazine which of course isn't online anywhere.
That interview is available via the Internet Archive here: https://archive.org/details/DescentV199 ... 5/mode/2up
violentgrief
Contact Mic

Post by violentgrief »

That interview is available via the Internet Archive here: https://archive.org/details/DescentV199 ... 5/mode/2up
Nice! Thanks
violentgrief
Contact Mic

Post by violentgrief »

And with that I have somehow managed to find a more readable version here: https://selfishfew.blogspot.com/2018/01 ... pedic.html
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

虐殺機関 is probably all I will ever need from Genocide Organ. With the addition of the bonus tracks on my cd, it manages to encompass everything I like about the project.