Kovana
Tyhjä pää
Fricsvel
Laszlo Jamf X Kadonnut Manner

The venue is TUKIKOHTA, Sorvarintie 5 90530 OULU Finland
BYOB

More info soonish

https://youtu.be/ETaEItt-FGw
Last edited by TYHJP on Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
D345
Maniacs Only

Re: 11.-12.11. Oulu, FIN: Kammottava ääni, sähköinen ääni III

Post by D345 »

jes/yes!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
leuksi
Hard Panning

Post by leuksi »

D345 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:48 amjes/yes!
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Any festival updates?
leuksi
Hard Panning

Post by leuksi »

Spill the beans, Tyhjis!
TYHJP
Contact Mic

Post by TYHJP »

Some beans spilled
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Siiiiick lineup!
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Pretty solid Finnish menu with a Belgian twist. Like karjalanpaisti with fries and mayo.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

joo vittu/yeah fuck!
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

this was a blast, thanks to everyone involved!
All sets were amazing. Hazardikarhuko might have been just something but it still was something! Hopefully all shoulders are still in place. Maybe I'll write more about this, now I can't think straight or crooked. If you have any videos/photos of the sets, I would be happy to see them!

moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

This youtube channel has several (short) videos from both days of the fest:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp0Oq9 ... SQQ/videos
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

I started to write a review of the shows right after the event, but never finished it. Now it's been years since this fest and it's too late to finish it. Or it's just an excuse to be lazy. My mind doesn't stretch enough at the moment. Or at the past. But I need to add that The New Boyfriends must have been an event I'll cherish for the rest of my life. And the dislocation of Amek Majs shoulder during his set. It was a blast. Umpio reigns supreme. Hazardikarhuko haunts me to the grave. "IKEA bag noise" of Zherbin was the biggest surprise, excellent set. Laszlo Jamf X Kadonnut Manner had maybe the greatest visuals I have seen. Simple, but it worked perfectly at that hungover/first drinks moment of saturday. Sorry to every thing I forgot to mention. No bad/boring sets. On my part it was just night of the vampire. Lovely weekend, still thanks to everyone involved!

Here's the words from november:

Was the best part of the festival really the soundcheck of Tyhjä Pää? Not really, although mr moozzhead ranked it to the top experiences of the weekend. Can’t argue! That was the first we heard of the PA system of Tukikohta and oh it was something! Tyhjä Pää, who was also one the persons in charge of this fest, opened the weekend with the best Tyhjä Pää gig that I had seen. It was very good despite the thing that he probably had about one minute to get into the mood to play harsh noise! Lovely problems of the persons who organize gigs.

Neandertaal was next, probably first or one of the first gigs of this project? Can’t remember if I asked about that. Very fucking loud! Amazing oppressivity.

Bryskt! Also the best gig that had seen by any of Kenneths projects. The big enough PA system explains that only partly, I believe that everyone was really giving their best performances, because the lineup was so good and everyone wanted to show what they got. I don’t know how to properly translate “skenen kokoontumisajot”. And there was a lot “olalle taputtelu” and giving letters and packages to each other when people met. But more of shoulder tapping later. Not that anyone was underage and couldn’t buy their alcohol but in literal sense.

Raato! Raato and Neandertaal are part of new wave of Turku noise. Sorry about that. Also the first or one of the first gigs? I enjoyed the set a lot, although it could have been longer, since it was kinda minimal and oppressive, what I like to call death ridden electronics. One of the few performances of the weekend to include vocals (not shouted without mic or to a bucket full of junk for example.)

Bucket full of junk, Vincent Dallas! I haven’t seen a lot of performers that I associate to Emil Beaulieau but here was the same kind of showmanship. Maybe I just haven’t seen enough noise gigs. But less dada, more hardcore. I think the riot of shouting from the audience started at Vincent Dallas show and it went through the weekend. Harsh noise blast fun.

I was under the impression that Friscvel is space something cosmic noise, haven’t listened to the project enough but if it were some sort of space noise it was deep space and colours of black hole. Very grim, excellent dark atmosphere. Yet again mental oppression was the overall mood. Light and sound and vision!

I hope I'm wiser now