Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
New Forces
Hard Panning

Re: Now Playing

Post by New Forces »

Green Tea - Children of the Wisteria (Satatuhatta) CD
Fantastic second effort from Green Tea. Pursues a somewhat more overt new age vibe amidst the psychedelic harsh noise than the first CD I released on New Forces earlier this year. Particularly on the last track you can hear echoes of mid-2000s groups like Emeralds, The Skaters, Marble Sky, Arbor, Young Tapes, that whole vibe... but that's just one reference among many, the thrashing CCCC-evoking noise remains, and this continues to be one of the more interesting and unique new projects (albeit from an accomplished "old head"). When the first two Green Tea demos showed up in my mailbox from Nick I knew he had something special, and we'll be doing the follow-up to the "Snowblower" CD on New Forces in 2024. Check out Green Tea, you will not be disappointed.
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene
New Forces
Hard Panning

Post by New Forces »

Now viewing / now playing: 2 video poems by Katy Mongeau with soundtrack from Shredded Nerve's new full length Third Sign. Awesome work with an awesome sonic accompaniment; indeed, the best Shredded Nerve in my entirely biased opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77cYcxc-fM4

Check out Katy's writing here: https://www.spdbooks.org/Products/97809 ... stasy.aspx
New Forces
https://newforces.bigcartel.com

Kjostad
Breaking The Will
Form Hunter
Cryocene
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Taking the energy of Hospital’s International Misanthropy showcase into today…

Prurient - Sexual Magic (Hospital)
It’s finally mine… out of all the shorter Prurient tapes in discography, this one has been my white whale. Dom is so powerful in shorter run times, and this one proves it. Tells a wonderful story through just sound alone. The vocals are indecipherable, in terms of what he’s actually saying, but hit so hard. An undisputed classic.

Wounded Son - A Cold Light of Day (Hospital)
Very minimal industrial music, bordering on minimal techno. Yes, it has its fair share of beats on it. It still fits into that noise vein for me though, as it feels like these are the sounds you’ll hear when you’re one of the last few people around in a nuclear fallout scenario.

Deterge - Anoint (Fusty)
Jim is in full force here. This is long form, exploratory power electronics with a heavy religious theme going for it. Despite its runtime of 62 minutes, there’s never a dull moment for me. Synth sweeps, rusty metal clashing, echoed vocals; it’s all here. Excellent release.

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

New Forces wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:51 pm Green Tea - Children of the Wisteria (Satatuhatta) CD
Fantastic second effort from Green Tea. Pursues a somewhat more overt new age vibe amidst the psychedelic harsh noise than the first CD I released on New Forces earlier this year. Particularly on the last track you can hear echoes of mid-2000s groups like Emeralds, The Skaters, Marble Sky, Arbor, Young Tapes, that whole vibe... but that's just one reference among many, the thrashing CCCC-evoking noise remains, and this continues to be one of the more interesting and unique new projects (albeit from an accomplished "old head"). When the first two Green Tea demos showed up in my mailbox from Nick I knew he had something special, and we'll be doing the follow-up to the "Snowblower" CD on New Forces in 2024. Check out Green Tea, you will not be disappointed.
Did the Green Tea CDs back to back again this afternoon. The expansive nature and wide sound palate are notable on both albums, and everything is very colourful and free flowing without betraying a harsh core. The psychedelia and ambient undertones are turned up even further on Children of the Wisteria, but these ears continue to favour Snowblower.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

New Forces wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:51 pm Green Tea - Children of the Wisteria (Satatuhatta) CD
Im late as usual but god damn this new Green Tea is good!
murmur
Hard Panning

Post by murmur »

Umpio - Sin Memoria CD (Absurd Exposition)

this is such a good album. I’ve returned to it several times already, and listened to it twice this morning. Super inventive and detailed, but maintaining a lightheartedness and sense of fun throughout.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

since everyone is talking about Children of Wisteria, I'm giving it a spin (from bandcamp???)

Laya seems to enjoy it as much as I do. This is not new wave hippie noise, it's aphex twin!
Attachments
IMG_20230922_141404.jpg
IMG_20230922_141404.jpg (31.56 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Rotmans – 490/504
Burnt fur, amplified. Fuck, is the whole tape like this? Unscheduled orgasm imminent!
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:36 pm Rotmans – 490/504
Fuck, is the whole tape like this?
Answer: no, it turns out. But not that far removed. I mean. A b-side less burnt more flatulent still overdriven to bludgeoned extremities and lovin it in the best fast flooded disposition. Think walls in a continuous state of crumble, as walls ought, or might ought, had they thought about what ought to have ought (of course such (walls) would have nought (I mean, not) and all, being (as they were) walls and all and shall we say (and) less than sentient (being walls, right, thus sentience precluded) but I mean if we (or someone) were to say er... where was I?).

Suffice it to say. Shit rips. At least in principle.
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Pusdrainer - Humiliation Mask (Dead Gods)
A short but concentrated effort from Pusdrainer. It’s an angry & harsh tape that contains a lot more maturity than the projects early material. It’s a fitting end for this project, as moments do venture more into “Shredded Nerve makes a one off PE tape” rather than a proper Pusdrainer release

New Grasping Machina - Live Cleaning (Mechanical Presence Records)
Hyper-limited CDr with special packaging that Luk made for a live set of theirs from this past summer. This is probably the best time I’ve ever seen the project live, and this disc shows a clear amount of maturity in composition for the project. Look forward to what comes next.

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Now with a functioning tape deck I have continued my journey through the tapes I have bought in the last 1.5 years or so but haven't heard before. Today it was:

Sunk Cost - Wave Of Mutilation (Dada Drumming)
Absolutely fantastic tape! It is criminal that this is limited to 80 copies. One hour of rumbling varied harsh noise that gets into japanoise territory at a few points. If this had come out this year it would already be one of the best noise releases of the year if not the best.

A.x.D.x.F.x.O.x.A - Soddy Is King (Dada Drumming)
A Fail Association and Deadly Orifice combining forces to serve 60 minutes of harsh noise that just keeps beating you silly. No ambient interludes or drones, just HARSH NOISE.

Macronympha - Unreleased Material 92-93 (Advaita Records)
Not bone-breaking crunch but actually kind of soothing C.C.C.C.-esque psychedelic noise.
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Daniel Ryan - Terror in the Mail [2xCD-R, self released]

Two CDs, each 41 minutes. CD 1 is a longform track of glitchy metallic sounds, very hypnotic, kind of has the "electroacoustic" feel of Joe Colley. Sparse, but always moving. CD 2 is 99 tracks in 41 minutes; heavy rapid fire stereofield cut up in the vein of TEF. Great material.

Wolf Eyes - In Splattered Time [CD-R, self released
A fantastic accompaniment/sister album to their LP released this year. Dystopian percussion and horns, great Nate Young vocal performance, free form tracks ranging from noise rippers to rhythmic dubs....very very good, I may like it more than the LP.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Atm:
Beherit - Morbid Rehearsal
Earlier:
Scrap Furnace - Super Instincts '21
C.C.C.C. - Flash For Rotten Limit
Fricsvel - Space Beyond Space
The Rita - Lake Depths Lurker
Vomit Pint - III - Let Homosapiens Die (noisecore)
Life Sucks - Beer And Chicks
Life Sucks - And Then You Die
Life Sucks - Frog Baseball

Life Sucks is Beavis And Butt-Head themed project. Old school Black Flack/Suicidal Tendencies/Negatice Approach kinda punk.
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

It's been a minute since I have posted in this forum to show off recent jams. I have had a bunch of great new discoveries over the past month or so, but let's go with my two most recent listens...

Stress Orphan - The Club of Rome (Antipatik Records/self-released)
Special tour edition that I picked up at Blue Hell Fest a few weeks back, which sees a bonus disc of previously released material from Dead Gods & No Rent + the album art & lyrics presented in the format of a 7” layout. A heavy hitter that sees Eric Trude keep up his consistently crushing brand of power electronics in a more cosmic setting. Wasn’t expecting anything less that greatness from this one, and I got exactly what I wanted.

Half Mortal - Creature of Christ (Hospital)
Hospital has been having a highly successful 2023, and this tape is proof of that fact. Nick Forté (who many have affectionately known from his work as Green Tea in 2023) takes the PE template & twists it into avant-garde territories I have not heard yet from the genre at this point. It’s such an odd record for how dark of imagery & lyrical themes it explores… If there is any tape I could point to in terms of advancing the genre into modern times, it would be this one. A top release for 2023 (which makes Forté the only artist on my list to have 2 releases under 2 different projects come up)

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

DOG HOLOCAUST - Vol. I C30 (Harsh Head Rituals, 2006)
The good Ilari write about Edwige on the WCN discord and I came to think of the first three Dog Holocaust tapes, collecting dust here. Popped them in and was just as blown to shits as I was last time (years ago). Volume one stands out as the rawest of the three. You cannot not know the drill. The opening side makes me want to flip tables and quit work, but side B is the thing here, you see. All in the red blasting while Nolan screams his lungs out with a conviction only matched by Junko and whoever let it out in that mid track part on Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend (Dave himself?). Caveman harsh noise, but zealous in a way few purists even come close to. One of the very best releases of its era, this tape.
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Kyle Flanagan & Tim Gick - delaminate/relaminate (Flat Plastic)
A follow-up to the CD on working man laydown delivers in stride!! It feels like this has to be mostly done live, with only a couple of fade outs added. A lot of wonderful synth work colliding with rough, eerie tape loops. Fantastic work from two fantastic artists of the modern age.

Inarticulate/HD - split (self-released)
Two newish rippers in New Jersey doing a split that sees them mixing a source jam in two contrasting style. Side A from HD rumbles along with the low end, suffocating the speakers at times. Side B sees Inarticulate focus more on radio & cut-up sounds in the main mix. Solid split, love the packaging.

Jason Crumer - Walk with Me (Misanthropic Agenda)
This has to be my favorite Crumer disc after my most recent listen to it. A lot of emotional build-ups that will keep you envelopes in the story of this record the whole way through. A true rockstar in our world, showing us how it’s done. I can’t believe the label still has copies, and for cheap too!!

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

I been listening to this new Japanese VA
https://crestonclub.bandcamp.com/album/ ... sted-world
A very diverse mic of sounds, love the S.B.B. track.

New Abfall too, very sick this exists.
https://hospitalproductions.bandcamp.co ... rous-oxide

Also the new Chondritic VA is very strong. The Lussuria track on there is perfect. What a mic of artistes tho. The bandcamp listening parties have been good insights into the tracks.
https://chondriticsound.bandcamp.com/al ... s-the-flag
PetiteSoles
Hard Panning

Post by PetiteSoles »

Some old (Not too old. But much older than the brand new one in the middle) and some new today while packing a few orders.

Blackout Order "Night Paralysis" CS
an odd tape from Richard Ramirez, comprised of mainly raw, but kinda overblown field recordings. Not sure if he recorded them himself or not but I don't care. I love it. I love the signature feedback and crunch of a lot of Richard's work but I also love when he gives me something I haven't heard him do before. Definitely gonna find more from this project.

Slit Throats "Declaration" CS
I just got this tape from Roman at the show in Greensburg late last month. And it's a perfect little quick stab of Slit Throats harsh noise. Simple and to the point. Just what a packing playlist needs.

Baculum "Displaying a Reckless Lack of Self Preservation" CS
To me, this is perfect harsh noise. Loud, dynamic, destructive. Exactly what I've been craving lately.
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Last couple of days worth of listening...

Death Kneel - Seneca Hill Haymaker (Life of Sensation)
Death Kneel - Agonizer (Life of Sensation)

My package from Max came in the mail today, and you might as well pair these two together. 2 C10s that do an excellent job of delivering impactful, short-form rippers. I’m particularly fond of “Seneca,” as it is a bit darker in tone. But both of these have this sort of airy, cut-up quality to them, almost like we’re hearing the sound of a sharpie marker running across paper at a violent pace; wonderful.

Viodre - Drawing Horses (Kalifornia Love Addiction)
This recent relisten has given me a deeper respect for this record than the first time, which felt like more of a passive experience on my end. This time around, I notice much more dynamic cut work and just how odd the field recordings are on here. My favorite moment of the record is when a phone convo keeps asking the questions “where’s Bryan?” Before cutting to what I imagine to be Mr. Gilroy maniacally blasting out the harsh jams. Right on.

Mike Connelley - Recycled (RRR)
A listen that was inspired by yesterdays WCN episode turned out to be a positive experience with a tape I’ve historically hated! Yes, you heard me right, I hated this recycled tape for a very long time. But upon relistening, I find that my tastes in noise have shifted more to enjoying the time of grime that Mike puts in full display here with this tape; a filthy 45 minutes of Michigan synth and guitar dirges. Let the coffee in your system mix with this one for extra potency.

Universal Cell Unlock - Power of Misunderstanding (No Rent)
No Rent starts their November STRONG with this freaker by the totally singular mind of one CF. The brand of homemade electronics that Forgues makes interact seamlessly with the midi controlled instruments that they’re processing. The B Side strikes me as a particularly sullen piece, with piano that has a sound reminiscent of some sort of warped dungeon synth to it. Not to mention, the artwork featured in this release is beautiful. If you had to pick just one tape to grab for this month, I’d make it this.
Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Sigillum S - Future Eros Channels
If ever there were a genre to describe Sigillum S, Future Eros Channels would be it. May I submit Sigillum S as the premiere Future Eros Channelers of our time. It's all in the almost pantomime-level title-perfect title track, grandiose future eros sensually plying the cosmos, feathering lightly upon an englossed and shivering ethos, slow steady throb to strobe-sheeted psyche-bliss. Up there with Human Chainsaw as word perfect reflection of title meets sound. (Leaving out Mouthwatering God Corporation, admittedly here only for the sake of typing the words Mouthwatering God Corporation.

btw. Mouthwatering God Corporation. Glad I could get that out of my system. Great track too.)
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

MERZBOW - Aqua Necromancer DLP (Absurd Exposition, 2022)
Been nagging loudly about vinyl reissues of old CD albums, especially where new/old stuff has been shoved right into the middle of the original tracklist. But here I am, enjoying this with no complaints whatsoever. Guess I'll just shut it in the future, hah.
A much slower affair than the surprisingly little else I have of Merzbow (is there more Merzbow like this one or is it... well, what is it?). I'm very fond of the looped samples of music which he showers in distorted hiss, warm blasts of noise and just... meandering knob-twisting. Come to think of it, this reminds me time and again throughout of the STAR album on Hospital. It's all just so relaxed and comfortably lost in a way that I love. No rush getting anywhere either. Noise with a slight smile to it, if you will. Charmed!
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Infibulation - Live Rehearsal (self-release)
This is such a great release. It was actually the recording that made me want to do a split with Zach. This is straight up nasty, lofi junk metal noise with extra southern heat packed in. Never outstays it’s welcome.

Smokey Emery - Things Done Changed (Chondritic Sound)
I only previously heard this project through a tape he had done for chondritic. This disc is much weirder by comparison. There’s a lot more percussive sampling going around than I had expected, and the loop work present is excellent. This was the perfect disc to start cleaning my CD collection to.

MSBR - Fracture of Silence (Sounds for Consciousness Rape)
This tape always proves to be an interesting listen back. Is there anything worthwhile, besides the packaging? If there wasn’t, I would’ve made a pretty penny peddling this off to one of you guys by now.
As far as I’m concerned, the way this material hits is dependent on my mood at the time. Some days, the opening track of harsh radio fuckery will get me goin. Other days, it’s the murkier, synth driven tracks of Side B that resonate with me. This rounds listen fell into the latter. Long live Koji.

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
k.p.g
Hard Panning

Post by k.p.g »

Deterge - One for the Gipper (No Rent)
Best birthday gift this year!! I’ve said plenty about this tape recently, that I don’t think I need to expand upon my love for it. I’m just so happy to own this modern day masterpiece on physical format finally.

New Grasping Machina - Miracle on 17th Street (Detachment Programs)
It’s a strange experience to listen to a release that’s a very specific inside joke about YOURSELF. But I dug this one a lot. I’m so used to seeing Luk rip such harsh sets that I forget how nuanced they can be on record. This release is way more loop based. A lot of dreary synth. Some harsh stuff, but it’s not the main focus. Great stuff.

Smegma - Son of Geek (Pigface Records)
My one bandmate gave me this one with the glowing endorsement of “this tape fuckin’ sucks, you can keep it.” This is the second time this has happened, and the second time that the tape has actually turned out to be great. These PNW freaks play their little brand of noisy folk pretty damn well! Time to seek out more.

Blemish
Dead Door Unit
French Market Press
Master Grave Services
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

k.p.g wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:09 pm Smegma - Son of Geek (Pigface Records)
My one bandmate gave me this one with the glowing endorsement of “this tape fuckin’ sucks, you can keep it.” This is the second time this has happened, and the second time that the tape has actually turned out to be great. These PNW freaks play their little brand of noisy folk pretty damn well! Time to seek out more.
Weird. I’m pretty sure I have this tape - definitely a pigface smegma release if not - and it also came from a pile of things someone didn’t want! Truly, one person’s trash = another’s treasure.
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Torturing Nurse/Umpio tape (masonna of china and umpio reigns supreme)
Alcantarilla - vicios de cloaca (harsh noisecore)
Hangmankind - Ad extrpanda

Hangmankind released by supreme analog torture records (label run by edge of decay)
feels nostalgic at this point

Tahma - s/t tape
(ltd edition of 5 copies)
New finnish project! You will hear about this. This tape is excellent
Last edited by D345 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/