Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Re: Now Playing

Post by Namahs »

Kovana - Kitka
Aprapat - Born Rare
Aprapat - Chamber Music
Aprapat - Ultimate Freedom
Aprapat - Nude Scraps
Lingua Ignota - Caligula
Fricsvel - Space Beyond Space
Kartio - Sähkömusiikki
The Räty - Rome 1987
Come And See - Reflecting Upon God
murmur
Hard Panning

Post by murmur »

Yksi - Kosimenen itse
Moss Harvest - Infra
Andrea Borghi - Lato
Lovers - The Carnal Mind Synthisized and Retuned
V/A - Coastal Flood/Other Frontiers
Deaf Squab - Birdhide
Aprapat - Hot Lava Shampoo
parasitenurse
C20

Post by parasitenurse »

moozz
Hard Panning

Post by moozz »

Tinnitustimulus - Punct / Contrapunct - great harsh noise from an artists I am not very familiar with
Muslimgauze vs Celtarabia CD - first listen and it sounded like best parts of Muslimgauze removed and replaced with something else, needs more play definitely
Worth - Heroin Vampires & Worth - Hidden In Christ - Worth never lets down, masterfully crafted interesting noise
Worth / A Fail Association - In Deeper - a very short split by two fantastic noise artists that seem to be able to do no wrong
YAO 91404 D - LenShumZavod - crude Russian industrial noise
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

moozz wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:41 am Tinnitustimulus - Punct / Contrapunct - great harsh noise from an artists I am not very familiar with
The latest Tinnitustimulus LP is definitely worth checking out https://psychicliberation.bandcamp.com/ ... ate-phases
moozz wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:41 am Worth / A Fail Association - In Deeper - a very short split by two fantastic noise artists that seem to be able to do no wrong
The world needs more AFA love.
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Todays playlist so far:
Absent In Body - Plague God
Full Of Hell/Merbow - split
Full Of Hell/Merzbow - Sister Fawn
Full Of Hell/The Body - One Day You Will Ache Like I Ache
Full Of Hell/The Body - Ascending A Mountain Of Heavy Light
Full Of Hell - Music From The Dial (Live)
Full Of Hell - Live At Roadburn 2016
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Smooth album, very calming.
Attachments
99C03C8B-2323-493B-98F7-1DBBDAA855CD.jpeg
99C03C8B-2323-493B-98F7-1DBBDAA855CD.jpeg (56.1 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Namahs wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:38 am Todays playlist so far:

Saw Full of Hell last week. Thou played too, ironically. Two of the most prolific bands in metal right now. They both started out welll, but then I got kinda bored after awhile. Anyhow...

Ostarbeiter - The Iron Era
Oda Relicta - Czarstvo Dukha
Atrophist - Sky Genocide
Merzbow - Exoking
Prurient - Black Vase
Prurient - Troubled Sleep
The Serfs (US) - Primal Matter
Omnös - Anakainosis
Yasushi Yoshida - Heavenly Me Last Days
Sungaze - This Dream
Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape

Also, I'm streaming this right now and I think it's slowly making me go insane:

Alfarmania – From Fix to Fix
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:33 pm

Saw Full of Hell last week. Thou played too, ironically. Two of the most prolific bands in metal right now. They both started out welll, but then I got kinda bored after awhile. Anyhow...
Never seen them live so far. They were suppossed to do a small European tour next month and was planning to go and see them in Estonia. Then they just cancelled all shows besides Roadburn.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Namahs wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:47 am

Never seen them live so far. They were suppossed to do a small European tour next month and was planning to go and see them in Estonia. Then they just cancelled all shows besides Roadburn.
Oof... that sucks!!!!

Btw just checking - have you heard their Garden of Burning Apparitions LP? I like it better than what else I've heard of theirs so far. And their live show. Btw to be fair to them, it was extremely humid at the show and I felt awful. I don't remember much from Converge's set after them, aside from some funny banter, "Locust Reign", and two other songs. Just sat in the corner hanging my head, waiting for my ride to decide to leave. lol
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:03 am
Namahs wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:47 am

Oof... that sucks!!!!

Btw just checking - have you heard their Garden of Burning Apparitions LP? I like it better than what else I've heard of theirs so far. And their live show. Btw to be fair to them, it was extremely humid at the show and I felt awful. I don't remember much from Converge's set after them, aside from some funny banter, "Locust Reign", and two other songs. Just sat in the corner hanging my head, waiting for my ride to decide to leave. lol
Oh hell yeah. Digging that album! I've been listening to FOH a lot lately and gone through pretty much everything they've released.

I know the feeling with the show. Sometimes shit just doesnt "do the trick". Extremely humid shows are bad in so many ways.

Saw Converge like 10ish years ago. Sober but still dont remember much from it besides few russian crackninjas in the pit. They were doing these spinkicks waaay above my head even thought I'm 194cm/6ft3inch(?). Friend caught a heel to the chin though she wasnt in the pit. Result = broken jaw.
Scream & Writhe
Site Admin

Post by Scream & Writhe »

MSBR triple-header morning via convo with Mr. Caper:

Ultimate Ambience
Intensification
Destructive Locomotion
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label - https://screamandwrithe.com
Initial Shock Noise Festival - https://initialshock.screamandwrithe.com
Primitive Isolation Tactics
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

^ I am always a huge Full of Hell fan - great people and I have seen them maybe, 7+ times and it’s always been amazing. I find I listen to their newer records less and less but I always enjoy them and I suspect I’m just bogged down with other stuff. I have really enjoyed Spencer’s transition from pointy guitars to jazzmasters. He did a Board to Death YouTube segment I really liked recently.

Lately:
Mo*te - Throw A Stone (really enjoyed)
Merzbow - Noisembryo 2xCD
White Zombie - La Sexorcisto
White Zombie - God of Thunder EP
White Zombie - Metal Injection 30th anniversary chat with J, Sean & Ivan (A+++++++++ talk!!)
Borbetomagus - Snuff Jazz
Wolf Eyes - Human Animal
Merzbow - Door Open at 8am
BT.HN - Black Mirrors and Dark Planet Alignment 12”
BT.HN - He is Risen tape

Not a lot of pure noise listening, I have a big stack of stuff I want to get to this week.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

PRIMITIVE ISOLATION TACTICS - Dirty Prophesies C30 (Absurd Exposition, 2020)
My only previous sonic encounter with PIT was the tape on WCN, Deconstructing A Purpose, a slow and arduous mudcrawl. A great tape! Received this cassette last spring through trade, but it coincided with the birth of my child and had been collecting dust until this morning. What a noise, and what a pace! Did Taylor mislabel some other artist's tape? Nope. A reference then? Well, the man said it himself a couple of posts up. MSBR - Ultimate Ambience, Intensification and Destructive Locomotion. PIT's Dirty Prophesies echoes the former above all, with it's single-minded and stripped down approach. But the stern steel feel of Intensification is here as well, as are the massive blowtorch flames of Locomotion. What differs from Koji Tano's masterpieces is that Taylor lets those very high-pitched electric nails shine on their own to a much greater extent, and the twists and turns are fewer. A perhaps unintended yet none the less refreshing take on a classic sound suprisingly rarely replicated. A very fine tape!
Kenny
Thrashmaster

Post by Kenny »

Over the weekend.

Esplendor Geometrico - "Cinetica", "Ultraphoon", "Polyglophone", "Aripejal Astisaro"
Emptyset "Collapsed" , "Recur"
Never Worse "Gutter", "Bile", "Cadaver" (a brand new discovery for me, top-class rust drenched rhythmic machine noise. Fans of Cloaks, God Is War , Sow Discord should take note)
Skin Graft "Dystrophy" (a perfect harsh noise album)
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Namahs wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:10 am Oh hell yeah. Digging that album! I've been listening to FOH a lot lately and gone through pretty much everything they've released.

I know the feeling with the show. Sometimes shit just doesnt "do the trick". Extremely humid shows are bad in so many ways.

Saw Converge like 10ish years ago. Sober but still dont remember much from it besides few russian crackninjas in the pit. They were doing these spinkicks waaay above my head even thought I'm 194cm/6ft3inch(?). Friend caught a heel to the chin though she wasnt in the pit. Result = broken jaw.

Good to hear that you've heard that album. Wasn't sure if you did.

Severely humid shows during the summer are pretty common in the American Midwest during the early spring to early fall (late July to early August are usually the worst). I find that very frustrating, considering how many of the best tours go on then.

That's awful about your friend!!! Seen that and similar injuries happen to innocent people who weren't in pits several times. That kind of moshing at metalcore shows is the norm in the USA, unfortunately. One time I was at a show here and went into the bathroom and saw, no exaggeration, six or seven teenagers holding tissues up to their bloody noses while looking in the mirrors... It was just stupid. Unsurprisingly, some kid got injured badly enough that their parents sued the venue and there was a benefit show for the lawsuit. Absolutely ridiculous.

"Crowdkilling" (intentionally barrelling far into the crowd while moshing) is something that some people like to do, too. It leads to some of the worst injuries (of course). It's why I stay very far back during shows where people mosh like that. Some advice I got from my cousin during the late 90's has been very helpful, though... Hold up two arms in front of you, parallel to each other, but one of them closer to you. That way, you're more likely to stop someone from hitting your head or chest. If one arm doesn't catch someone's flying arm or leg, the other one can.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Industrial Hazard - S/T
Industrial Hazard - Industrial Hazard
Industrial Hazard - Harsh Lashing
Industrial Hazard - Submechanophobia
Industrial Hazard - Feedback In E-Flat
Primitive Man - Scorn
Capers
Thrashmaster

Post by Capers »

JASON CRUMER - Ruth CD (White Centipede Noise 2021, orig. Nazot 2008)
Beautiful thing that this finally got the treatment it was meant for after 17 years. Recorded in 2004 for CD, but ended up on cassette in an edition of 50 in 2008. I sold that tape a few years ago, and as I recall there was nothing wrong with the dub or anything, but it felt kinda tame. This CD though, damn! Loud, crisp, and with a grandiosity (in a positive sense, obviously) to it that I definitely didn't pick up on with the old tape version. Larger than life stuff. Soundwise it has me thinking of a less hectic Pain Jerk or Govt Alpha armed with broader brushes. Enormous cascades of sound, from rough to watery, beautifully layered, and with just enough sharp cuts and sudden breaks to not lose the flow or raise the aggression. The latest thing I've heard by Crumer is Burning In Hell (2008?), so I have absolutely no idea how to compare this to where he's at today. But it ties in well with that LP, despite the difference in methods and tools, an album which I've always felt was a heartfelt and spirited recording, despite its title. Ruth is all that even more, I think. Big, loud and warm! Masterclass.
Emil Corbelli
C20

Post by Emil Corbelli »

Last edited by Emil Corbelli on Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Black Flag - In My Head
Black Flag - Loose Nut
Black Flag - Weeding Out
Black Flag - My War
Black Flag - 10 1/2

Fleshlicker - Slavemaster
_TS_
C20

Post by _TS_ »

Wrecked after yesterdays recording session. What could be better than OCHU to soothe the mind?
Attachments
IMG_20220331_121104.jpg
IMG_20220331_121104.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
To og to, det ene mot det andre: inn i denne strid fødes vi, med spiren til død i oss...

Forflatning - https://cloisterrecordingsus.bandcamp.c ... orflatning
Kropper Uten Mellomrom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Z39KUtxC0
skeletondust
Hard Panning

Post by skeletondust »

Richard Ramirez “Deconstructed Hand Device” CD, Deadline Recordings, 1995

Here we find Richard in complete 90’s Americanoise god mode. Seriously, this has to be my favorite of his solo recordings I’ve heard yet and am honestly surprised this disc isn’t praised more than it is. To my ears, it isn’t far off quality-wise from other Americanoise pinnacles like “Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend”, “Grind”, etc. The main difference is that we have Ramirez in his usual one-take/free-form style (unlike the meticulously-edited masterpieces courtesy of Gilden/Stella and Macronympha previously mentioned) laying down two 30 min.-ish tracks of constantly shifting and moving noise that are incredible in their seemingly infinite unraveling and variety. The kicker is, I’m pretty sure Richard probably recorded this with a total caveman setup…guessing probably no more than a few pedals, mics, junk, and maybe a radio or something. But that’s it. And he still ended up with a whole cacophonous fucking leviathan of a noise record. There’s a moment at the beginning of the second track where there’s some brooding ambience, but Ramirez thankfully has quite a penchant for the harsh shit and it abruptly ends after a short while, returning to the absolute threshing that we hear throughout the entire first track. Highly recommended and shouldn’t be hard to get considering 1,500 copies were made.
Attachments
E9660667-575C-454C-9152-5A5DE49C3A5C.jpeg
E9660667-575C-454C-9152-5A5DE49C3A5C.jpeg (101.07 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Luke, thanks for posting about that. Just added that release to my wishlist. Btw who is "Grind" by?
skeletondust
Hard Panning

Post by skeletondust »

xIncorruptibleCorpse777x wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:44 pm Luke, thanks for posting about that. Just added that release to my wishlist. Btw who is "Grind" by?
Macronympha
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

I have gotten 1 metric shit ton of stuff in the mail recently, see below:

Jason Crumer - Thin Ice
New full length from Crumer. Optimistic ambient with noise flourishes. Earnest and well constructed. Recommended if that sounds like your thing. Bold move and the pay off is worth it.

Shredded Nerve - Performer Death 1
Slow churning walls of deep synth sound. Simple, effective, and very atmospheric. Nice progression from something more like death industrial to synth noise.

Hijokaidan/Incapacitants - Prelude to Pallo
Duh it rules. Just hot ripping noise magma.

Kestrel - Primordial Remembrance
Great BM CS reissued on CD recently by Klaxon. Atmospheric, eerie, and legit strange. Great mix of field recordings, synth work, straight up BM, then some tracks that sound like what would happen if some 1950s teener artist was asked to emulate early BM. Highly recommended!

Hospital VA - Jonbenet in Valhalla
A+ for the layout alone. As always, Hospital VAs are a pleasure to dig through. Highlights for me were the more dark ambient tracks from Old Tower & Dust Belt, that Rogue State track is killer though. Football harsh noise? Referee whistle as instrument? hell yea. No clunkers on here though, was surprised to see Star on here but a welcome addition, their track reminds me of Joe Colley's "Zodiac" 7", just a wall of layered, intricate barely changing sound.

Lamb Lays Down in Georgia 2xCS
Two tape collaborative release with Thom Elliott and Richard Orlando working with Max from Tribe Tapes. Thom Elliott is freaky slow moving sample based stuff, Orlando side is a bit more straightforward, but very intricately composed. Great presentation & perfect length to just zone out hard to.

Tongue Depressor - Burnish
Really wonderful microtonal drone work. I haven't given these guys enough attention previously, but this LP is just killer end to end. Fragile & tense. Great layout by Kali Malone & Stephen O'Malley tooo!