Now Playing

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Re: Now Playing

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I have been listening to Culture Cripples Magnificent Stumble on my drive to and from work since yesterday.

Sounds totally bonkers on a car stereo. A lot of harsh noise in general just seems perfectly mastered for blasting in your car, especially stuff like this that has a lot of frequency shifts, brief points of silence and movement within the stereo field.

I love listening this way but it is usually so disorienting that it makes it hard to focus on driving.

Popular bedtime albums right now:
Ineffable Slime A Warning to the Curious
Darksmith Imposter
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Maggot Vomit Afterbirth - LP
Exhumed - Slaughtercult CD
Lou Reed - Metal Machine Music DLP (finally found a cheap copy)
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky/Pyramid/Eve
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
Yes - Drama/90125/Tormato/Going For The One
Fulci - Exhumed Information (only streamed it, fucks hard)
Mass Marriage - various tapes
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Declining Rate - s/t
Murmur - Getting By
Vatican Shadow - Pakistan Military Academy
thedemonfeedback666
C20

Post by thedemonfeedback666 »

Bloodyminded- Gift Givers
Greg
C20

Post by Greg »

The Haters/Black Leather Jesus - Decaying Behavior CD
Knurl - Risk of Entrapment CD
GM Electronics - Trashwalker CDr
Ungeromimizu - Demo CDr
CAMA - Demo #1 CDr
Government Alpha - Prospective Massacre CDr
Armenia - Amen CDr
Xome - Itch CDr
Marax - Paroxysm CDr
The Rita/Maim - Split CDr
Maim/Tourette - Crumbling Monuments CDr
40 Watt Womb - S/T CDr (All hail Matt Taggart!)
A FAIL ASSOCIATION
DADA DRUMMING
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

I recieved an order from S&W yesterday... I've gotten into the habit of putting noise CD's on when I go to bed since recently being gifted an old NAD amplifier a co-worker wasn't using and setting up a secondary, supplemental stereo system at the foot of my bed geared specifically towards listening in bed. I do all of my reading and most of my at-home listening there, so it made perfect sense to keep a CD player nearby.

Anyway, I drifted off to the sounds of Barstool Mountain III last night. That doesn't constitute a proper listen. But I will say from what I heard that, in spite of the occasionally strident feedback oscillations, it's a good album in which to lose yourself. It will probably remain in my CD player for the next few nights as I slowly absorb it, piecemeal, like a giant, carnivorous flower dissolving flies... Numnumnum!
D345
Maniacs Only

Post by D345 »

Type O Negative - October Rust
(hope you enjoyed our little joke)
But he was always more concerned with making his guitar sound like a dying horse, more than anything else.

https://ruputapes.wordpress.com/
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

Angel of Murder Suicide - To A Violent Grave
Boredoms - Onanie Bomb Meets the Sex Pistols
C.C.C.C - Cosmic Coincidence Control Center
HIDE - Hell is Here
Refused - Songs to Fan the Flames of Discontent
Sun Ra - The Magic City
The Rita - Thousands of Dead Gods
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

D345 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:13 am Type O Negative - October Rust
I finally gave Dead Again a proper listen and really enjoyed it. For some reason, was averse to giving it a chance for years. I really like the run of September Sun, Halloween in Heaven, and These Three Things. Need to give it a few more listens because the first three tracks didn't impress me initially but felt like it got much better after that.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

Our T.E.F.
Who harsh in hole
Spastic be thy name
Lactating Tardigrade
Hard Panning

Post by Lactating Tardigrade »

Spate - Dogmono (Sinkole Entertainment)
Excited to sit more with this one. Really enjoying it on the first spin. Some creative sounds and approaches. Even though I like the couple of Robert Fuch's tapes I've heard, I think this easily tops those. Excited to get the Neuter reissue from Total Black as well. Can someone remind me who is reissuing the "Health and Happiness in the 21st Century" release?

Black Leather Jesus - Super 9½ (Rural Isolation Project)
Very pleasantly surprised by the new album. While there are some incredibly heavy tracks, there is some decent variety across the full 50 minutes. They stretch out a little and while it's all textural, you aren't getting smashed over the head the entire time. Loving the track "Denim Sleaze", it's a perfect BLJ crunchy jam. This project is still going so strong and honestly putting out some amazing material the last few years. That c120 on Tribe Tapes this year is also quite good and DENSE. A difficult one to consume in a single session!

The Rita - Magazine 2xCD (New Forces)
Not going into the sound because I'm sure most have already heard this, but the packaging looks really nice and I'm excited to read through Tommy and Sam's notes. Including the remixed tracks from the special edition makes this very worthwhile, especially if you don't already have it on another format.
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

Adorama - "S/T" Cassette
Splash - "Slippery Beach Trashed Gamelan" Cassette
Siegmar Fricke - "High Tech" Cassette
The Strangulated Beatoffs - "Greatest Hits" CD
Henry Kaiser - "More Requia: In Memory of Great Ancestors" CD
Ineffable Slime
Hard Panning

Post by Ineffable Slime »

Incredible weekend with AFA & TEF in ABQ!

Currently jamming:
AFATEF - Slower Traffic Keep Right
T.E.F. - Wrought
Serration/Agonal Lust - A Razor at the Throat of Mankind

all of the above whips ass
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

elsewhere spewed:

Tangential to some of the idea(l)s on which Stewart Skinner opined in the last WCN episode, I grabbed the new digital-only reissue of Knurl’s Tetramatrix tape (1994). Tetramatrix was for me at the time a perfect, and perfectly nasty, piece of harsh blistering scorchery. The pure stuff, through and through. This was Mr Bloor in his early “take away everything that we consider musical” stage. The transitional point was quite marked, and probably came about around four years later, when Knurl started to explore a fuller flush of the frequency spectrum, not to mention the possibilities of a more through-composed flow. And with this reissue, which was remastered for the event, Knurl duly renders a more robust and fully flushed sound. I like it, it’s an interesting take on what for me Tetramatrix always represented, but at least in terms of HARSH, it is undeniably lacking against the sheer raw power of the original: ninety-three minutes of unutterably vicious earhole battery, no compromises (and perhaps of comparatively little concern for a supposed audience).

Of course, as this forum [ed: not this forum] has taught me, if any one aspect of Knurl’s (primarily earlier) sound has ever come in for criticism, it has been on this very point. So I’d wonder if the “refurbishment” comes as much from Mr Bloor’s own evolving preferences (I’m inclined to imagine so) as from feedback he’s encountered over the years (a not entirely discountable possibility). Maybe he should talk to Stewart Skinner.
oZiris
Hard Panning

Post by oZiris »

Burial - Streetlands [EP]
Climax Denial - "Blackout Suite"
Cremation Lily - More Songs About Drowning
Death Grips - Jenny Death
Puce Mary - Persona
Reverend Claire - Medjugorje
Vatican Shadow - Coast Guard Gulf of Blood
-NRRRRK-
Hard Panning

Post by -NRRRRK- »

D345 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:13 am Type O Negative - October Rust
Although it seems to be a bit of a controversial album among fans, to "October Rust" is at least top-3 of the band (and I love pretty much everthing they did).
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

I've never actually seen it as being contentious. It seems to me that everyone loves the album, and I am always alone in telling people to calm the fuck down a bit over it.

That said, a lot of people, myself included, got introduced to Type O Negative either through Bloody Kisses or October Rust, and all I can say is that I happen to favor Bloody Kisses as the best of their two most monumentally popular albums, both of which are jam-packed with hits for casual listeners to comment, "omg, i luv that sawng!!!", without anything more to bring to a conversation.

I think any negative reactions to either album just boils down to anti-normie nerd-rage. I know I'm guilty of it!
totalblack
Hard Panning

Post by totalblack »

I have actually also never seen a Type O fan talk poorly about October Rust. I guess there’s a debate about whether it or Bloody Kisses is better- but never heard anyone dismiss it. A classic album for this season, and one of my all time favorite records. Spent about 3 hours watching Type O live videos while working last night and lamenting the fact that I’ll never get to see them play.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Askel - Demo
Amek-Maj/Moozzhead - split
Lingua Ignota - Caligula
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Pain Appendix - Toward Infinity
Vincent Dallas - Manische Hyperaktiviteit
Raato - 070122647
Ahola & Silander - Ei ulospääsyä
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

totalblack wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:34 am Spent about 3 hours watching Type O live videos while working last night and lamenting the fact that I’ll never get to see them play.
Ha! I think about this sometimes too. Type O Negative and Dio. I always regret never seeing them live when I start to think about it.
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Organ of Corti got stuck into the earhole for the full of today's commute, wouldn't let go. Loving the project name, the artwork, the exposition, unravelling unhurried over uneven terrain. Like, I feel perfectly at ease, cortisian cocoons anchoring outermost edges in brume-like organi'c embrace. And then things get, like, real physical, unceremoniously shunting an otherwise peace-able carcass from one concrete slab to the next, but unstressed, without the fuss, as though getting brutally shunted about were the most natural thing in the world.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Richard Ramirez - Private Lowlife
Black Leather Jesus/Pollutive Static - Split
JSH - Bête Noire
Black Leather Jesus - Even Deeper
Scarlet Diva - "Sixteen Candles"
Scarlet Diva - Pittsburgh Noise #18
Scarlet Diva - Scarlet Diva Is Pretty In Pink
Threesome Slitting - Live collab 2014
Werewolf Jerusalem/Black Leather Jesus - Split
The New Boyfriends - The New Boyfriends 3
Aprapat - Nude Scraps
Full Of Hell - FOH Noise Vol4
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Jute - Paranoid Attractor (New Forces)
Purchased from the artist. This is awesome. Pulverizing distortion from mysterious sources that produce a wide variety of fascinating sounds. Cool to hear stereo panning used as an instrument, which makes for a rewarding listening experience in headphones. Definitely recommend buying the tape, as it's dubbed very hot and has a quality that the digital version does not.

Shameful - White Out Disintegration (Abhorrent A.D.)
Purchased from Bent Window. Rumbling warbles give way to musical screeches of feedback. There's moments that sound like fabric being torn. Lots of action, variance and dynamics that make it easy to pay close attention to every moment. Printing on the red cassette shells look awesome in contrast to the white J-card and case.
Last edited by Brian O'Blivion on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

The Rita - King Richard III
Slacking - Reaping Splendour
LastOctober/Void Puppet - Hits From The Abyss
Tribe Tapes
Thrashmaster

Post by Tribe Tapes »

V/A - Copperfield Noiseletter (LED/Spine)
V/A - Where It's At '95 (Audiofile Tapes)
V/A - Overly-Celibate Anxious Priest (RRR)
Mystery Hearsay - Ear Gear (self-released)