Noise Apparel

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
thatonekidatshows
C20

Noise Apparel

Post by thatonekidatshows »

What do y'all typically wear on a day-to-day basis? How about when you go to events (concerts, parties/gatherings, etc.)? Also, if you have any wearable noise-related merchandise, do share.

Personally, I always wear black jeans with a black leather belt. Often, I'll wear a black (sometimes white) band t-shirt, black leather Austrian military boots, and a black leather jacket. Occasionally, I'll wear some skateboarding sneakers. I just purchased a *guess color here* leather trench coat, but I don't think I'll have many reasonable opportunities to wear it, ha ha.

I also just designed and printed this on a white t-shirt today:
I'm honestly very proud of the design. The shirt came out pretty well, too. Making my first noise-related band tee inspired me to make this thread.
Capers
Thrashmaster

Re: Noise Apparel

Post by Capers »

Brown derbies, jeans, brown leather or suede belt, oxford shirt, cardigan or sweater. I might wear a band tshirt underneath the shirt if it's cold outside, but I keep the shirt buttoned.
I'm just a regular guy. It's a perfect genre for all of us who have grown fond of not turning heads on the street with how we look.
housepig
Thrashmaster

Post by housepig »

Pretty nondescript. I tend towards black / dark grey clothes generally. I used to be more outwardly signifying when I was younger, but found myself one day needing to walk five miles to meet some friends, I noticed that my "BDU pants tucked into combat boots / leather jacket" outfit didn't work so well in 95 degree weather, so I started recalculating to function over fashion.

I do tend to buy more shirts from bands rather than tapes or discs, as I listen digitally 99% of the time, so I'm almost always wearing a music related shirt even underneath work outerwear. same for shows, my only consideration is "if I'm playing a show, always wear a friend's project's shirt".
housepig
Thrashmaster

Post by housepig »

I will say that learning to screen print is rad, and it's a lot of fun to come up with a design that's a one-of-one.
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Jacket is either denim, leather or wintercoat.
Patched denim vest almost always on.
Band Hoodie, band longsleeve or flannel.
Tshirt either a band shirt or a some how music related still.
Black jeans, black shorts or black kilt.
Basic as shit shoes debending on the weather.
Noise Fanatic

Post by 33033 »

Usually a flannel or “shacket” with blue or black jeans. Plain tees at work and band shirts outside of it. Got a pair of Doc Martens sneakers this last Christmas which I only wear outside of work. At work it’s usually a pair of cheap sneakers from some outlet.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

I regularly wear my Genocide Organ, Bizarre Uproar, ZSS, and Filth & Violence shirts. I love all of them dearly.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

thatonekidatshows wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:23 am What do y'all typically wear on a day-to-day basis? How about when you go to events (concerts, parties/gatherings, etc.)? Also, if you have any wearable noise-related merchandise, do share.

Personally, I always wear black jeans with a black leather belt. Often, I'll wear a black (sometimes white) band t-shirt, black leather Austrian military boots, and a black leather jacket. Occasionally, I'll wear some skateboarding sneakers. I just purchased a *guess color here* leather trench coat, but I don't think I'll have many reasonable opportunities to wear it, ha ha.

I also just designed and printed this on a white t-shirt today:
I'm honestly very proud of the design. The shirt came out pretty well, too. Making my first noise-related band tee inspired me to make this thread.
I wish someone would do a run of Whitehouse shirts.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

black biker jacket
denim vest with pins or pins and patches
black sneakers or boots
dad jeans or cargo shorts
band shirt
cap of one of my favorite sports teams
zip-up hoodie, sometimes of a band
long-sleeve flannel shirt

Those are all subject to weather. Kind of the typical dress for a lot of guys in the American Midwest who regularly attend metal, noise, etc shows. For me, it's mostly for shows, dive bars, and going through bad neighborhoods at this point. I started to tone down my regular dress a lot around the time I hit forty.
thatonekidatshows
C20

Post by thatonekidatshows »

SS1535 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 pm I wish someone would do a run of Whitehouse shirts.
You know William sometimes sells official shirts from Susan Lawly, right? I think he just did one for Dedicated to Peter Kürten.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of shirts that are just album covers. The cover has to be really cool for me to be into it. Godflesh's Streetcleaner on the back of a hoodie? You bet! Bird Seed on the front of a t-shirt? Eh.
Vast Field Magnetism
C20

Post by Vast Field Magnetism »

Whichever clothing will hold up the longest from constantly skateboarding (tan pants/black shirt).
Maybe an Ahlz or Mo*Te shirt if I'm feelin' fancy.
_TS_
C20

Post by _TS_ »

SS1535 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:06 pm I regularly wear my Genocide Organ, Bizarre Uproar, ZSS, and Filth & Violence shirts. I love all of them dearly.
The only shirt I have that I'm hesitant to wear is the ZSS one, cause it's just a huge dirlewanger brigade symbol on the front, hah! That being said, I can't remember anyone commenting on any of my shirts, ever.
To og to, det ene mot det andre: inn i denne strid fødes vi, med spiren til død i oss...

Forflatning - https://cloisterrecordingsus.bandcamp.c ... orflatning
Kropper Uten Mellomrom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Z39KUtxC0
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

At my local bar, a former bartender wore a Death in June shirt with the totenkopf logo on a presidential election night. This was a few blocks away from a major university AND a Jewish college. As far as I'm aware, he was not a racist. I have to respect him for his choice to wear it - that took some serious balls. I saw him wear it a few other times, but the timing that night was rather significant. Tragically, he passed away a number of years ago from cancer or another disease. RIP Chip, you were a good man and an excellent bartender. And I'm saying that as someone who's ethnically Jewish...
_TS_
C20

Post by _TS_ »

Death in June seems to really piss people off, but I think people usually look past shirts. Anyway, I wish I had more industrial shirts, and especially hoodies. My favourite SHIFT hoodie is all but dissolved, unfortunately. It surprises me that people don't make more. There are so many bands with great aesthetics that I would like to see more of in my daily life.
To og to, det ene mot det andre: inn i denne strid fødes vi, med spiren til død i oss...

Forflatning - https://cloisterrecordingsus.bandcamp.c ... orflatning
Kropper Uten Mellomrom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Z39KUtxC0
adult human
Noise Fanatic

Post by adult human »

Whatever dodgy shit the charity shops are selling when I need clothes. Have some band shirts but mostly they'll be under a jumper.

If my F&V hoodie is in the wash I usually go for my Cradle of Filth 'Jesus is a Cunt' long sleeve.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

_TS_ wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:44 am
SS1535 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:06 pm I regularly wear my Genocide Organ, Bizarre Uproar, ZSS, and Filth & Violence shirts. I love all of them dearly.
The only shirt I have that I'm hesitant to wear is the ZSS one, cause it's just a huge dirlewanger brigade symbol on the front, hah! That being said, I can't remember anyone commenting on any of my shirts, ever.
I don't know where you live/who you live around, but I have found that no one seems to have any idea what they symbol is.

I have gotten comments on my Peste Noire and Burzum shirts from a few people, but nothing too bad. I actually became friends for a while with one guy who commented on my wearing a "fascist" band's shirt (in regards to the Peste Noire one). I was also asked (half-jokingly) if I was a Satanist one time.
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

thatonekidatshows wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 pm
SS1535 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 pm I wish someone would do a run of Whitehouse shirts.
You know William sometimes sells official shirts from Susan Lawly, right? I think he just did one for Dedicated to Peter Kürten.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of shirts that are just album covers. The cover has to be really cool for me to be into it. Godflesh's Streetcleaner on the back of a hoodie? You bet! Bird Seed on the front of a t-shirt? Eh.
Dang, now you have me looking at the ancient Susan Lawly site and its outrageous cd costs! (The Sound of Being Alive comp looks really tempting, though.)

I actually would love to have a shirt with the Bird Seed (or Cruise) covers. Those texts capture the energy of Whitehouse more than any image can!

I don't mind album shirts if I like the album, but I do get irritated when I can't find more generic ones.
consumer
C20

Post by consumer »

I went up a shirt size during the pandemic, so the only noise shirt I currently have in rotation is a Vomit Arsonist one I bought online. I have others that I used to wear (Brighter Death Now, Nyodene D, Pharmakon, Prurient...).
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

consumer wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:34 pm I have others that I used to wear (Brighter Death Now, Nyodene D, Pharmakon, Prurient...).
Speaking of Brighter Death Now, did he ever sell that collared shirt with the BDN logo on the chest that he wears in some of the live videos?
W.K.
C20

Post by W.K. »

As long as band/project-designs are still printed on terrible Gildan and Fruit of the Loom shirts I won't be buying.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

The legendary "Nurse With Wound" shirt that has all the band names on it is very powerful, despite its "simple" design.
thevomitarsonist
Contact Mic

Post by thevomitarsonist »

SS1535 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:56 pm
consumer wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:34 pm I have others that I used to wear (Brighter Death Now, Nyodene D, Pharmakon, Prurient...).
Speaking of Brighter Death Now, did he ever sell that collared shirt with the BDN logo on the chest that he wears in some of the live videos?
i've only ever seen roger with one.. i'd snag one in a heartbeat, though!
thevomitarsonist.bandcamp.com
danversstate.storenvy.com
SS1535
I Heart Noise

Post by SS1535 »

thevomitarsonist wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:39 am
SS1535 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:56 pm
i've only ever seen roger with one.. i'd snag one in a heartbeat, though!
That's disappointing. But if he ever comes to his senses I will do the same!
Pigswill
C20

Post by Pigswill »

I wear NON shirts out sometimes. So far, it's only riled up a barista
drift
Thrashmaster

Post by drift »

_TS_ wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:05 am Death in June seems to really piss people off, but I think people usually look past shirts. Anyway, I wish I had more industrial shirts, and especially hoodies. My favourite SHIFT hoodie is all but dissolved, unfortunately. It surprises me that people don't make more. There are so many bands with great aesthetics that I would like to see more of in my daily life.
I'm surprised. I'd be interested in a straw poll of how many people know who DiJ are vs how many are offended by them. maybe some eye rolls would be appropriate?

yeah (re SHIFT)
turn it up!