Incapacitants Talk

Primary section for noise and noise-adjacent discussion.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Re: Incapacitants Talk

Post by holy ghost »

Even stupid can be director
skeletondust
Hard Panning

Post by skeletondust »

I think the best thing about Incapacitants is the purity of their spirit when it comes to noise. Just the mundane nature behind the artwork and titles of their releases most of the time tell the unaware listener very little about what they do or sound like and I absolutely love that. The lack of usual noise themes shows how much these guys truly fucking love noise; they don't need dead bodies or sex to show that. From what I can gather, both members are complete music addicts with very diverse tastes in music, and I feel like that open-mindedness to sound has what made Incapacitants the very unique and inimitable group that it is. I feel like they've might have said something to this degree in an interview before, but Incapacitants sounds like a big distillation of their personal interests in music and sound.

They were completely mind-blowing at No Fun Fest '07, a set that has certainly made a massive impact on me, and one I will never forget and feel eternally grateful that I got to experience. When I was in Japan a few years back, a very kind and hospitable Mikawa offered my brother and I some of his convenience store chicken during a sound check before a show I was playing. Best dudes and band ever.
killhippies
Contact Mic

Post by killhippies »

Yeah, it's really obvious how much their put their hearts into their work. Pure noise for noise's sake!! I'm grateful we got to see them on our last trip to Japan, and really hope to see them again
thedemonfeedback666
C20

Post by thedemonfeedback666 »

I have nothing of substance to add. Incapacitants is my religion. That is all lol
Namahs
Maniacs Only

Post by Namahs »

Gave my first spins to Incapacitants this week and so far so good! Gonna dig deeper
Joie de la Blumpy
Noise Fanatic

Post by Joie de la Blumpy »

I mean. It's silly. I'm silly. This obsession, right. But 73, the two studio tracks. All eleven minutes and thirty five seconds worth. Are these not the creme de la creme a la FUCKING harsh? Of course they are. The proverbial pervection. The singed to scorched harshblish. Harshbliss. Harsh stuff aiiight. Incandescent drilling fury, as only incandescent fury does. Is. Help I've fallen into a fund trap and can't get up. out. Scorched to incadascent drilling crisp. More words, no more no less coherent, no less the reference to incadascent scorch-hole purigasms etc. So uh here I am, again, going with the eleven minutes and thirty five seconds of studio ditties, ignoring the other forty seven and fifty four seconds on offer, which, still, don't get me wrong, are some good minutes, and seconds, but, like. No comparison. None whatsoefuckingever. 73! he blurts in best tourette's inflection. Cue What A Stupid Bureaucrat!!! Lovable, in the extreme, even without the multiple exclamation marks, not to disparage multiple exclamation marks, some of my best friends are multiple exclamation marks.
fenian
C20

Post by fenian »

Joie de la Blumpy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:49 am Years ago, via Nihilist Spasm Band’s Bill Exley, I was given to understand that Mikawa was quite the James Joyce aficionado. (Again, yeeeears ago so take this with the requisite heft dose of sodium chloride.) I never followed up on this little nugget, but more recently found that it’s entirely possible that Joyce was an Incapacitants fan. (We’ll leave the space-time minutiae to “Synapse” Sakaguchi.) Here’s a random sampling, elsewhere posted, from some of the more quotable selections:

“Only big words for ordinary things on account of the sound.”

“Loud, heap miseries upon us yet entwine our arts with laughters low!”

"Shut your holes and hear”.

“This is the very worst hour of the day. Vitality. Dull, gloomy : hate this hour. Feel as if I had been drinking gallons of soy sauce with beer and spewed.”

“In a mass culture, those few ideas or feelings unique to a person are easily deformed into conventional clichés: otherwise, everyone would be a harshnoise god.”

“The demand that I make of my listener is that she should devote her whole life to hearing my works.”

“First we feel. Then we fallen banker.”

“But my body was like a theremin and her words and gestures were like fingers running upon the antennae."

“The sacred pint alone can unbind the harsh”

"The true and the unutterably harsh are akin. Truth is beheld by the intellect which is appeased by the most satisfying relations of the intelligible; harsh is beheld by the imagination which is appeased by the most satisfying relations of the sensible. The first step in the direction of truth is to understand the frame and scope of the intellect itself, to comprehend the act itself of intellection. The first step in the direction of harsh brutality is to understand the frame and scope of the imagination, to comprehend the act itself of esthetic apprehension.”

"Stupid is the stupid of stupid (who, incidentally, can also be director)."

"The phrase and the day and the scene harmonised in a chord. Sounds. Was it their colours? He allowed them to glow and fade, hue after hue: sunrise gold, the russet and green of apple orchards, azure of waves, the greyfringed fleece of clouds. No, it was not their colours: it was the poise and balance of the period itself. Did he then love the rhythmic rise and fall of words better than their associations of legend and colour? Or was it that, being as weak of sight as he was shy of mind, he drew less pleasure from the reflection of the glowing sensible world through the prism of a sound manycoloured and richly storied than from the contemplation of an inner world of individual emotions mirrored perfectly in a lucid supple periodic harshfuckingbrutality?”

“He kissed the plump mellow yellow smellow melons of her rump, on each plump melonous hemisphere, in their mellow yellow furrow, with obscure prolonged provocative melonsmellonous oscillation."

“Roses are red
Violets are blue
We need more products sub-advised”

"He lived at a little distance from his body, regarding his own acts with doubtful side-glances. He had an odd autobiographical habit which led him to compose in his mind from time to time a short sentence about himself containing a subject in the third person and a verb in the past tense. What a stupid bureaucrat.”

“bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!”

“Woodshadows floated silently by through the morning peace from the stairhead seaward where he gazed. Inshore and farther out the mirror of water whitened, spurned by lightshod hurrying feet. White breast of the dim sea. The twining stresses, two by two. A hand plucking the harpstrings, merging their twining chords. Securitization of eel.”

"Roses are brown
Violets are brown
Damn, who puked up gallons of soy sauce with beer in my garden?"

“Could it be that he, T. Mikawa, had done those things? His conscience sighed in answer. Yes, he had done them, secretly, filthily, time after time, and, hardened in sinful impenitence, he had dared to wear the mask of holinesss before the tabernacle itself while his soul within was a living mass of corruption. Since then, he has gone to Morgan Stanley.”
Holy hell that is fucking impressive
luciferjonez
Thrashmaster

Post by luciferjonez »

Just watched their most recent live performance on youtube from Japan. The Japanese noise scene looks hoppin' and incredibly courteous.
fenian
C20

Post by fenian »

luciferjonez wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:38 pm Just watched their most recent live performance on youtube from Japan. The Japanese noise scene looks hoppin' and incredibly courteous.
It truly is both of those things, acts outside of the titans of noise in Japan you should also check out if you haven’t already Wolf Creek, Spore Spawn, scum, Leecher, cunts, Blackphone666, Orhythmo.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

My copy of Repo arrived last week and I finally had some time to throw it on - I have a CD version in the "Alchemy Box is Stupid" but this singular release is extremely well done and really serves the LP format. I know people don't always love the Urashima versions (I would also love to be able to pick up individual CDs at times) but this one works perfectly. The liner notes are wonderful as well!! Fantastic!!
Bubble-Congeries
Maniacs Only

Post by Bubble-Congeries »

I only have those Alchemy releases in the ABIS set currently. I never listen to them because the packaging is so fucking annoying, haha. Right down to the adhesive for the poly sleeves being on the flap instead of the main body of the sleeve... INFURIATING!

I've been meaning to just rip the discs and put the box set in a drawer somewhere forever, but it's such a hassle.
holy ghost
I Heart Noise

Post by holy ghost »

Bubble-Congeries wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:17 pm I only have those Alchemy releases in the ABIS set currently. I never listen to them because the packaging is so fucking annoying, haha. Right down to the adhesive for the poly sleeves being on the flap instead of the main body of the sleeve... INFURIATING!
I feel this sentiment deep, deep in my soul.... I hear you pal!! The original Box is Stupid nailed it!!