VANGELIS RIP

Have a blast. Keep it friendly.
xIncorruptibleCorpse777x
I Heart Noise

VANGELIS RIP

Post by xIncorruptibleCorpse777x »

Vangelis, Oscar-Winning Composer of ‘Chariots of Fire’ and ‘Blade Runner,’ Dead at 79
Influential Greek electronic musician also co-founded cult prog-rock band Aphrodite’s Child

Vangelis, the Greek prog-rocker and Oscar-winning composer for films like Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner, has died at the age of 79.

The influential artist born Evángelos Papathanassíou died late Tuesday night, a statement from Vangelis’ “private office” announced to his Elsewhere fan page Thursday. The Athens News Agency also confirmed news of Vangelis’ death. No cause of death was provided, but Greek newspaper OT reports that Vangelis died at a hospital in France where he was being treated for Covid-19.

“Vangelis Papathanassiou was a great Greek composer who excelled at a global level,” Greek foreign minister Nikos Dendias wrote in a translated tweet. “We say goodbye with a big ‘thank you’ for what he offered to Music, Culture and Greece.”

“Vangelis Papathanassiou is no longer with us. For the whole world, this sad news demonstrates that the world music scene has lost the international “Vangelis,” the protagonist of electronic sound, of the Oscars, of Mythology and the hits,” Greece’s prime minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis tweeted, as translated by Rolling Stone. “For us Greeks, who know his second name was Odysseus, it means that he’s begun his long trip to the Chariots of Fire. From there, he’ll always send us his notes.”

For the rest of the story, go here:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... t-1355854/
Der.Bluteimer
Contact Mic

Re: VANGELIS RIP

Post by Der.Bluteimer »

666 ist the Numbers of the beast .
Respectfull R.I.P. ...
Brian O'Blivion
Hard Panning

Post by Brian O'Blivion »

Not sure if anyone has favourite Vangelis records, but I've been listening to Invisible Connections (abstract/modern classical) and The Dragon (prog/psych rock) and am amazed at his compositional range. Good records.
+hp+
Hard Panning

Post by +hp+ »

i always confuse jean-michelle jarre and vangelis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯